Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020

• Should we speak to the WT’s with our wallets in 2020 That is my question

I woke up this morning and am thinking of telling the family to get me a BCF voucher for the same amount of a WT’s membership

After listening to Pascoe last night on NRL 360 we are again in another rebuilding phase which will start in 2021 when we roll the roster over

Justin …remind me …is this the same roster you signed off on

Justin is this roster the same You organized for the coach You hand picked which left at the first sign of trouble

Something from the whole Cleary fiasco that stands out is this …when Ivan was asked about Nathan coming to the WT’s it was never raised during the interview process when he was hired

For me is Ivan was the "chosen one " that question HAS to be one of the first 3 questions asked , doesn’t it

So as Paul Kent asked last night and you danced around better than Ali danced around the ring is this “why should WT’s fans put up with another rebuild”

Why should WT’s we potentially face a minimum of 11 years without a finals appearance

Last night’s interview just about broke my spirit as a WT’s supporter

So if or when Maguire doesn’t take us to the promised land , the club listen to the drums beating and get tempted to sack Maguire what then …another rebuild

I can’t find last nights interview to attach it this thread , but if someone can it would be greatly appreciated so we can give an even assessment of his thoughts

Is it just butthurt or do I and many other WT’s fans have a right to be royally pissed off

Is it time we tell the club we are sick of the crap and show our disgust be not renewing our memberships …

Thoughts

• Yeah, I’ve had a gutfull of the constant rebuild phase loop also. it astounds me that memberships are always increasing while the club stumbles and fumbles its way through salary cap stuff ups and mediocre performances year after year. Must be a lot of masochists out there! Either that or the club is lying about membership numbers…but they wouldn’t do that, would they?

• @Spud_Murphy said in Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020:

Yeah, I’ve had a gutfull of the constant rebuild phase loop also. it astounds me that memberships are always increasing while the club stumbles and fumbles its way through salary cap stuff ups and mediocre performances year after year. Must be a lot of masochists out there! Either that or the club is lying about membership numbers…but they wouldn’t do that, would they?

Look Spud I could be wrong with memberships , but my understanding is you have multiple grounds in your memberships they know count as separate memberships …add the pet in , that is a different membership again

So the figures are padded …actual members could be less than in previous years

• Try getting a decent coach to any club if they dont have control over the playing roster. Cleary got the players he wanted and the player managers made sure they got the best deals.
    Yes the CEO signed off on them but he did not select the players and if half of them performed at a level that is expected of them we wouldnt be having this discussion.

• ForumSupporter

Yes that will help…not…

The Club is what matters not the individuals that make it up…the Club will always have my financial support as they have since 2000…taking it away only hurts the Club further but each to there own…

Maybe a rally might help with placards and pitch forks or wear your jersey inside out…

• @happy_tiger said in Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020:

Should we speak to the WT’s with our wallets in 2020 That is my question

I woke up this morning and am thinking of telling the family to get me a BCF voucher for the same amount of a WT’s membership

After listening to Pascoe last night on NRL 360 we are again in another rebuilding phase which will start in 2021 when we roll the roster over

Justin …remind me …is this the same roster you signed off on

Justin is this roster the same You organized for the coach You hand picked which left at the first sign of trouble

Something from the whole Cleary fiasco that stands out is this …when Ivan was asked about Nathan coming to the WT’s it was never raised during the interview process when he was hired

For me is Ivan was the "chosen one " that question HAS to be one of the first 3 questions asked , doesn’t it

So as Paul Kent asked last night and you danced around better than Ali danced around the ring is this “why should WT’s fans put up with another rebuild”

Why should WT’s we potentially face a minimum of 11 years without a finals appearance

Last night’s interview just about broke my spirit as a WT’s supporter

So if or when Maguire doesn’t take us to the promised land , the club listen to the drums beating and get tempted to sack Maguire what then …another rebuild

I can’t find last nights interview to attach it this thread , but if someone can it would be greatly appreciated so we can give an even assessment of his thoughts

Is it just butthurt or do I and many other WT’s fans have a right to be royally pissed off

Is it time we tell the club we are sick of the crap and show our disgust be not renewing our memberships …

Thoughts

I’d like to riot at Concord…
    Burn effigys and car tyres , throw bricks !

Membership lmao …what’s that ?

• @Geo said in Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020:

Yes that will help…not…

The Club is what matters not the individuals that make it up…the Club will always have my financial support as they have since 2000…taking it away only hurts the Club further but each to there own…

Maybe a rally might help with placards and pitch forks or wear your jersey inside out…

So how do your actions help the club …

Basically you are telling them its OK if they continually screw up

Do you use the same mentality when you buy a car , buy a pie that tastes like crap , have a Dr who makes errors , pick a real estate agent who can’t sell your house , buy sub standard furniture ,electrical , a financial advisor who stuffs up your future finances …

• I guess the question is why some coaches make do ie Hasler at Manly …yet we need a complete overhaul …

• IC screwed

Yes it hurts not playing finals footy and always rebuilding

But didn’t IC ask for complete control of the team he was going to be coaching?

The club showed some faith in him and than the man that’s a bigger grub than MM walked out

Now Madge just has to deal with what he has been left with

Not ideal but thanks IC you grub

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020:

@Geo said in Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020:

Yes that will help…not…

Do you use the same mentality when you buy a car , buy a pie that tastes like crap , have a Dr who makes errors , pick a real estate agent who can’t sell your house , buy sub standard furniture ,electrical , a financial advisor who stuffs up your future finances …

So withdrawing financial support will make them make better decisions…lol

Good luck with that…as I said each to there own…If people think it will help go for it…

• @tiger05premier said in Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020:

IC screwed

Yes it hurts not playing finals footy and always rebuilding

But didn’t IC ask for complete control of the team he was going to be coaching?

The club showed some faith in him and than the man that’s a bigger grub than MM walked out

Now Madge just has to deal with what he has been left with

Not ideal but thanks IC you grub

My question to that is answered in my opening point …if we asked one single question …an extremely important question …we would have seen Ivan’s thought process and mindset …we can’t sign Nathan …Ivan wants out and to coach his son

I hire people all the time …if they don’t work out …it’s my fault either way

I either hired the wrong person or didn’t find out how that person clicked to get the best out of them

Either way …my fault

• @happy_tiger Hasler’s roster at Manly leaves ours for dead. Add the T brothers Marty and DCE to any squad and you increase your chances of winning. What a difference any one if those players would make to our squad.

• @Geo said in Should we scream at the WT's with our wallets in 2020:

Yes that will help…not…

Good luck with that…as I said each to there own…If people think it will help go for it…

Accountability works …happens at many other NRL clubs …we should try it one day

• This rebuild highlights the poor decisions we make on who we pay as a marquee player also. Have not been able to offload Reynolds, Mats, Packer but Penrith easily ridded themselves of Blake and DWZ to better their cap position. Why? Because they buy quality in the first place where we buy duds.

• ForumSupporter

Yes that will help…not…

Accountability works …happens at many other NRL clubs …we should try it one day

Might work better if you withdrew it from the the power brokers that fund the joint say Wests Ashfield…but I don’t think they would care much…Lucky 88 would still have free spins…

Recent Topics