G Burgess Eye Gouge

• @Geo said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

@TheDaBoss said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

SHould have beena sinbin imo

Nope …sent off…

@Cultured_Bogan bought this up in the game thread…he will do time with no benefit to Wests Tigers to which the incident occurred

When the NRL refs grow some balls and start marching players for this rubbish and things like deliberate crusher tackles watch how quickly it gets out of the game…Coaches don’t want to be a player down

Trouble is when the refs occasionally try to wrestle some control back from the players and those that coach them, we have so many posters on here and (I assume) elsewhere complaining that they should just let the players sort it out.

• Anyone else hearing Burgess may miss 12 weeks due to the eye gouge?

• But I like to see any contact with the face removed , this whole giving someone a facial is a low act

Imagine 40 years ago and someone pulled that crap on Blocker ,Dallas or Les Boyd

This is where removing the biff has failed the game in a sense , we don’t want the biff back of course , but when you see 80 kg wingers acting like he-man around the props …you know what I mean

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

But I like to see any contact with the face removed , this whole giving someone a facial is a low act

Imagine 40 years ago and someone pulled that crap on Blocker ,Dallas or Les Boyd

lol 40 years ago it was Blocker Dallas and Boyd pulling that crap…throw Tommy in as well…

• @Geo said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

@happy_tiger said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

But I like to see any contact with the face removed , this whole giving someone a facial is a low act

lol 40 years ago it was Blocker Dallas and Boyd pulling that crap…throw Tommy in as well…

You missed what I added Geo , know days everyone wants to act like super tough blokes , most are about as hard as a 2 week old lettuce leaf

• Legends fume over ‘disgraceful’ eye gouge
    Sacha Mirzabegian 4 hrs ago

League legends have been left disgusted by a ‘disgraceful’ eye gouge by George Burgess in the Rabbitohs’ loss to the Wests Tigers at Bankwest Stadium.

Burgess has been referred directly to the NRL judiciary and is expected to face a lengthy suspension when his case is heard on Tuesday. The match review committee met this morning and found the incident was too serious for a grading. Replays showed Burgess put his fingers in the eye and face of Tigers veteran Robbie Farah.

The Tigers hooker got up and complained to referee Adam Gee, who placed Burgess on report early in the first half. “The fingers all in the face and all around the eyes, it’s on report,” Referee Adam Gee told Souths skipper Damien Cook and Burgess.

An eye gouge charge was often met with a huge penalty back in the old days of rugby league and while Johns doesn’t expect the judiciary to go down that path, he called for a similar punishment handed to Young. “In the wild west days, if someone eye-gouged you you’d get 12-18 months for it. If they’re going to be consistent he’ll get five weeks.”

The NRL has struggled to find consistency around the issue with Cowboys star Josh McGuire accused of two eye gouges this year. In the first case he was slapped with $4,500 fine for eye gouging Manly’s Dylan Walker. In round five he was hit with a grade-one contrary conduct charge for an alleged gouged on Storm star Cameron Munster, however, no official complaint was made.

der
    Ad Finder.com.au
    “Imagine if he scratches his eye and loses half of his eyesight? Gouging and biting, two of the lowest acts in rugby league. If they’re going to deter anyone from doing it again they have to throw the book at him. It’s a low act.” Maroons legend Paul Vautin agreed and also added another act which should be included on the forbidden list. “And the the third one now is the deliberate crusher tackle. Someone’s going to really hurt their neck one day”.

Even South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett publicly chided Burgess for the alleged eye gouge, saying there was no reason for him to put his fingers in the Wests Tigers veteran’s face. Bennett said while he didn’t know whether Burgess was guilty of a gouge, he expressed his disappointment that he had made contact with Farah’s face.

• @happy_tiger said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

This is where removing the biff has failed the game in a sense , we don’t want the biff back of course , but when you see 80 kg wingers acting like he-man around the props …you know what I mean

I do

• Burgess should have been sent off last night. At his judiciary appearance, he should then have been warned any further behaviour of this type and he would receive a life ban from the NRL. Also a general warning could then have been sent that gouging will attract a season ban.

• 10 week ban

Eat a lemon ya grub

• Farah should have sorted it out in the scrum. G Burgess obv forgets how quick those uppercuts are.

• @upthetigers said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

Farah should have sorted it out in the scrum. G Burgess obv forgets how quick those uppercuts are.

Damien cook seemed to think it was alright, he was giving it to robbir after the gouge

• @TheDaBoss said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

@upthetigers said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

Farah should have sorted it out in the scrum. G Burgess obv forgets how quick those uppercuts are.

Damien cook seemed to think it was alright, he was giving it to robbir after the gouge

I actually thought it was Cook at first and was surprised he doesn’t seem to be that kind of player.

• @TheDaBoss said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

@upthetigers said in G Burgess Eye Gouge:

I think Farah thought he did it. I’d say Cook was just defending himself.

• @upthetigers Farah was in his prime with those uppercuts

• Speaking to a mate. He reckons Burgess was working his thumb under Robbie’s chin .
    It’s a pressure point or something. Really hurts.
    He was just leveraging with the fingers in the eyes.
    Grub act anyway you look at it though.

Recent Topics