where is the Corey Thompson thread??

• OMG I love this kid, gives his all every week and damn his positional play is next level. Every time there is a kick or break he is right there.

What a find!!

• Good kid but I don’t agree about his positional play, he gets found out often enough. E.g. last night that Reynolds kick that split him and the winger from 60m out, that really shouldn’t happen.

Personally I think the Rabbits kicked poorly last night - many attacking kicks were drop-punts and too long, so they rarely troubled the back 3.

But Corey had a good game and he caused some headaches for the Rabbits in attack. He still lacks a passing game which would really help his quality.

• Rubbish, kid had a great game and was everywhere.

Watch the game again you must haver been drunk.

• @simonthetiger said in where is the Corey Thompson thread??:

Rubbish, kid had a great game and was everywhere.

??? I said Corey had a good game and I can think of one glaring mistake, but plenty of the team made glaring mistakes and we got away with it.

I stand by what I said though, Rabbits kicked poorly so I’m still to be convinced on Corey’s positional play, though he’s only been starting FB for a short while and I’m happy for him to keep developing. E.g. that final attacking kick by Walker was horrific, and basically Rabbits failed to pressure our kick takers at all.

I was at the match last night and also against the Raiders and I can tell you that he was caught out of position many times against Canberra, and struggled with the bombs, so there is good and bad in Corey. Work in progress and nobody can fault his effort.

You needn’t be so aggressive.

• ForumSupporter

@simonthetiger said in where is the Corey Thompson thread??:

OMG I love this kid, gives his all every week and damn his positional play is next level. Every time there is a kick or break he is right there.

What a find!!

I thought the whole team sucked…?

• He’s 29. Hardly a kid

• @jirskyr said in where is the Corey Thompson thread??:

Good kid but I don’t agree about his positional play, he gets found out often enough. E.g. last night that Reynolds kick that split him and the winger from 60m out, that really shouldn’t happen.

Personally I think the Rabbits kicked poorly last night - many attacking kicks were drop-punts and too long, so they rarely troubled the back 3.

But Corey had a good game and he caused some headaches for the Rabbits in attack. He still lacks a passing game which would really help his quality.

I’m with you there. I love his courage and determination but his positional play at fullback isn’t great. There was no need to be as far up field as he was because they were kicking from outside 40. Not sure why Nof ran straight into the only bloke chasing either.

• @Bones said in where is the Corey Thompson thread??:

Not sure why Nof ran straight into the only bloke chasing either.

There aren’t enough fingers on Earth to try and count the number of times I haven’t been sure why Nofo did the thing he did.

• He’s a great runner of the ball and very enthusiastic. Really surprised me.

However, he squandered a few 3 on 2 chances. Mbye would’ve converted those chances but Mbye would never have put us in that position in the first place. Thommo could be devastating if he develops a small passing or kicking game.

Speaking of chances- Brooks as a ballplayer sucks at converting half chances (or 3/4 chances)

• @tig_prmz said in where is the Corey Thompson thread??:

Speaking of chances- Brooks as a ballplayer sucks at converting half chances (or 3/4 chances)

I have said that of Brooks for years, Benji was worse though, we had 4 times as many tackles in the souths 20 as they had in ours, and still nearly lost, and it wasn’t Brooks or Benji that pulled us out of the poo.
    And on Thompson I agree, got caught out of position a few times, that Reynolds kick from 60m out, should never end in a line drop out, but he has a go, and has a huge upside.

• I get the feeling that there might be quite a few with egg on their faces as he continues to improve as our fullback.

• @jirskyr said in where is the Corey Thompson thread??:

@simonthetiger said in where is the Corey Thompson thread??:

Rubbish, kid had a great game and was everywhere.

??? I said Corey had a good game and I can think of one glaring mistake, but plenty of the team made glaring mistakes and we got away with it.

I stand by what I said though, Rabbits kicked poorly so I’m still to be convinced on Corey’s positional play, though he’s only been starting FB for a short while and I’m happy for him to keep developing. E.g. that final attacking kick by Walker was horrific, and basically Rabbits failed to pressure our kick takers at all.

I was at the match last night and also against the Raiders and I can tell you that he was caught out of position many times against Canberra, and struggled with the bombs, so there is good and bad in Corey. Work in progress and nobody can fault his effort.

You needn’t be so aggressive.

Simon has two settings: “Enthusiastically aggressive,” and “banned.”

• Corey has more good games then bad games which can’t be said for a lot of our players.

Not sure why Brooks is the one copping it when Benji was even worse last night. We definitely didn’t win because of our halves. It was one of our best forward performances and no surprises Packerlino weren’t playing.

• @simonthetiger Bump. He is a genius!!Best player on the paddock two weeks in a row.

Beast!

• Provides way more than Mbye at 1, we actually look half threatening with him there.

Recent Topics