Tigers now v last year

• Much better position than last year. Doing very well considering the amount of money that is out of favour. We’ve really lucked out with Madge.

• It’s taken a while, but all the hyperbole garbage that a lot tried to peddle about us being the worst team in the comp has finally died down. When you watch trash like the Titans and Dogs, you realise fast that life isn’t that bad as a Wests supporter.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Tigers now v last year:

It’s taken a while, but all the hyperbole garbage that a lot tried to peddle about us being the worst team in the comp has finally died down. When you watch trash like the Titans and Dogs, you realise fast that life isn’t that bad as a Wests supporter.

Yes and I actually believe we have a good shot of sneaking into the 8!

It’s taken a while, but all the hyperbole garbage that a lot tried to peddle about us being the worst team in the comp has finally died down. When you watch trash like the Titans and Dogs, you realise fast that life isn’t that bad as a Wests supporter.

Not sure where the worst team in the comp came from , but 7th -14th are pretty equal

Every game is crucial but our next two games will make or break us , we lose both and I can’t see us making the 8

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in Tigers now v last year:

@Sully said in Tigers now v last year:

We need the next two with the Eels game a chance to get a four point break. Going for Raiders tonight to smash Parramatta.

I know it happens every year but imagine if we had got Penrith and the Storm as we should have, we would be on 20 points.

Starts this week

More importantly it’s still the fact of all the sides in the Top 8/9 we have the worst for and against

The losses v Canberra , Parra and Roosters are as or even more costly

Here have a lolly…swap it for your dummy…waaaaaaaaaa

I would still swap our backline for legitimately every backline in the NRL, and still think we have a bottom 2-3 roster, but we are well coached for the players we have.

• @Geo said in Tigers now v last year:

@happy_tiger said in Tigers now v last year:

@Sully said in Tigers now v last year:

We need the next two with the Eels game a chance to get a four point break. Going for Raiders tonight to smash Parramatta.

I know it happens every year but imagine if we had got Penrith and the Storm as we should have, we would be on 20 points.

Starts this week

More importantly it’s still the fact of all the sides in the Top 8/9 we have the worst for and against

The losses v Canberra , Parra and Roosters are as or even more costly

Here have a lolly…swap it for your dummy…waaaaaaaaaa

So your saying wins are more important than losses

Is this going to end up like the scoring more or defending more argument

• Huge difference. Just huge.
    I think we are clearly above the bottom 6 teams. Sure each of those teams like Brisbane, Bulldogs, titans, Panthers can have their day but our success in a tight competition is not an accident.

Our team lacks Top Shelf. In no position would we say we have a NR1 player.
    Ryan Mattherson is probably our best followed by Twal. That reflects our side, 1 maybe 2 origin players and Queensland is desperate in picking Mbye. Seriously Mbye.

Cleary recruited us from start to finish without a top shelf player. I don’t know if anyone was available other then possibly Cronk or Maloney.

I think our team is pretty well rounded. We don’t have weak points and we have depth. We just lack top shelf and that is a problem. For a team like Manly with Trevbovic’s DCE, etc. they can look for fringe graders that they can train into average graders. With us we start with Average and look to move them higher.

big 17 in hindsight was a big mistake. Our team is good, but too average to punch into the top 6 teams.

• @crazycat
    We just have to bide our time support our team and see what eventuates Magde is a good coach and can get best out of what we have IF we keep putting in good performances players will come.

• Obviously we would want to win every game from now but in reality, we are looking to win about 4-7.

• We have a pretty tough draw for the rest of the season. We have to play 6 top 8 teams in 9 games. Other teams around us have easier draws:

• Eels: 3 top 8 (plus the bye this week)
    • Sharks: 3 top 8
    • Manly: 7 top 8 (plus the bye)
    • Knights: 3 top 8
    • Raiders: 4 top 8 (plus the bye)

We really need to keep winning, and hope that some other team above us loses against lower teams. Most likely looking at the draw is Manly…

• @Juro said in Tigers now v last year:

We have a pretty tough draw for the rest of the season. We have to play 6 top 8 teams in 9 games. Other teams around us have easier draws:

• Eels: 3 top 8 (plus the bye this week)
    • Sharks: 3 top 8
    • Manly: 7 top 8 (plus the bye)
    • Knights: 3 top 8
    • Raiders: 4 top 8 (plus the bye)

We really need to keep winning, and hope that some other team above us loses against lower teams. Most likely looking at the draw is Manly…

Should be a positive for us. We get tend to get up for the games against teams above us on the ladder. The teams below us… not so much.

true, but the dogs put on a clinic against us…who knows with this team hahaha

Recent Topics