Early team news for Round 16

@tigerap will probably have a few games in CC for match fitness.

@tigerap said in Early team news for Round 16:

On NRL 360 last night Madge said that Packer has now overcome his injuries and is “right to go”…I wonder when we will see his name on the Team list again…

He actually never said Packer was injured…he said needs to get his body right…that could mean a lot of things under Madge…

@851 said in Early team news for Round 16:

On NRL 360 last night Madge said that Packer has now overcome his injuries and is “right to go”…I wonder when we will see his name on the Team list again…

Yep, he said the only thing keeping Packer, Reynolds and Matulino out of the NRL team is their bodies, I don’t believe that

A convenient excuse…I tend to agree…

What’s to explain those are the words he used in relation to Packer…he said Matulino was playing good footy but is now injured and Reynolds is a few weeks back from injury…,when asked about all 3 …

@Geo pretty sure I’ve heard him quoted on TV several times (as it was my source for revealing info about Rusty’s dislocated hip few months ago) … Madge was very open and honest about how Russell wasn’t in desired shape after a gruelling off-season and then hurt himself playing NRL, tried to go on with it in ISC but wasn’t able to without time off

Seems to make a lot of sense? After all , where’s the proof that they fell out lol

This post is deleted!

He clearly stated in that interview that Russell has finally checked all the boxes , and everybody has been in agreement that Mats responded well this season until most recent setback… he’s a lot more injury prone than we expected and Clark filled in admirably for him . As for Reynolds well did you see him play his way into first grade?

Ummm…I’m just saying what he said last night…

Nothing to do with in or out of favour whether or not they will be picked or not…

Have Coles run out of tin foil or something…

@Geo that’s exactly what he said 😛
Personally though, I’m not totally sure what Madge has up his sleeve, just know that it’s nothing to do with what’s been reported by outlets . Must go down to Coles and get my tinfoil for all the conspiracy !

last edited by Jessica

@Geo said in Early team news for Round 16:

I think it’s funny that a lot don’t even want Benji in the team and MAGUIRE will more than likely make him the Captain …

Oh well should make for an interesting team list Tuesday

I watched Benji very closely on and off the ball the other night and I thought he was exceptional actually. He seems to have a renewed enthusiasm and energy playing under Madge and I’m glad he is still running around with us. Plus he still has that Xfactor play in him at times as well.

@willow said in Early team news for Round 16:

I’d probably be inclined to start Momo and keep MCK on the bench for the utility value he provides. Momo is a plodder but he’s pretty safe at least. I don’t like our chances in this one though, we usually get steamrolled through the middle and Latrell destroyed us out wide a few weeks ago.

Yeah this was a great opportunity to get the Chooks well down on troops but as it’s tuned out they will only have one more player than us missing for rep duties! And of course all their injured guns are due back THIS week - JWH arghhh!

@Geo said in Early team news for Round 16:

He actually never said Packer was injured…he said needs to get his body right…that could mean a lot of things under Madge…

I wonder if Madge was trying to say that their bodies were becoming old and decrepit.

@TieDye said in Early team news for Round 16:

@Geo pretty sure I’ve heard him quoted on TV several times (as it was my source for revealing info about Rusty’s dislocated hip few months ago) … Madge was very open and honest about how Russell wasn’t in desired shape after a gruelling off-season and then hurt himself playing NRL, tried to go on with it in ISC but wasn’t able to without time off

Seems to make a lot of sense? After all , where’s the proof that they fell out lol

You’re right - no proof. Just journalists shooting their mouths off on TV because they’ve got too much exposure. Make up any rubbish to get the headlines.

@Tiger_Steve Michael Chammas made the comment on NRL.com last week that Packer “is back to running”. This doesn’t explicitly say he was injured, but that is what it suggests.

Unless he’s been playing CC this year at walking-pace only?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.