Wests Tigers Team v Sydney Roosters

• ForumSupporter

All the Round 16 team news!
    Author
    Dan Talintyre
    Timestamp
    Tue 2 Jul 2019, 03:58 PM

Benji Marshall will captain Wests Tigers in what will be his 299th NRL appearance this Friday as his side take on the Sydney Roosters for their Round 16 home game at Bankwest Stadium.

With regular skipper Moses Mbye unavailable due to State of Origin commitments for Queensland, Marshall will assume the captaincy once more as Wests Tigers look to secure their third consecutive victory when they face the defending premiers.

In a boost for the side, Samoan international Josh Aloiai returns from illness to start at prop in place of Ben Matulino (knee) while Paul Momirovski also returns to the side for the first time since Round 11 as he replaces Mbye in the centres.

Ryan Matterson has been named to start in the back row against his former club, having not been named as part of the Blues extended squad for Game Three.

Michael Maguire has named an unchanged bench following last week’s victory with Oliver Clark dropping back to the reserves, where he has been named as part of an extended squad with Josh Reynolds, Chris McQueen and Russell Packer.

Packer’s return is another boost for Wests Tigers, with the experienced prop included in the squad for the first time since Round 10 when he sustained a foot injury playing for the club’s Canterbury Cup side Western Suburbs Magpies.

In addition to Marshall’s pending milestone, hooker and fellow Life Member Robbie Farah (296 games) is also closing in on the elusive 300-game club while Matt Eisenhuth (46 games for Wests Tigers) and Alex Twal (44 games for Wests Tigers) are also on track to tick off minor milestones for the club in the next few weeks.

Both sides will provide an updated 19-man team for Friday’s game at 7:55pm AEST on Thursday before finalising their sides one hour before kickoff (6:55pm, Friday).

1 Corey Thompson
    2 Robert Jennings
    3 Paul Momirovski
    4 Esan Marsters
    5 David Nofoaluma

6 Benji Marshall
    7 Luke Brooks

8 Josh Aloiai
    9 Robbie Farah
    10 Alex Twal
    11 Ryan Matterson
    12 Chris Lawrence
    13 Matt Eisenhuth

14 Jacob Liddle
    15 Thomas Mikaele
    16 Elijah Taylor
    17 Michael Chee-Kam

18 Russell Packer
    19 Chris Mcqueen
    20 Josh Reynolds
    21 Oliver Clark

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/07/02/all-the-round-16-team-news/

• No hard feelings packer eh

• @Geo I reckon we’ll need a big bench to match it with the Roosters in the middle. I’d be playing either Farah or Liddle for 80 and moving Packer to the bench.

• ForumSupporter

@avocadoontoast said in Wests Tigers Team v Sydney Roosters:

@Geo I reckon we’ll need a big bench to match it with the Roosters in the middle. I’d be playing either Farah or Liddle for 80 and moving Packer to the bench.

Yeah looks light on to me too…

• Swap taylor for a prop

• Yep, I had Packer for Taylor.

• We rlly need packer to get his crap together…we are missing an enforcer especially with matulino out now

• @balmain-boy I’d normally agree, but I thought Taylor was strong last week - especially with the ball which is not what hes known for.

• Matching the chooks through the middle is where this game will either be lost or won. Takieuo or whatever his name is helps us a bit as his post contact metres are massive. Our pack does look a little light but if the surface is slippery again and it’s hard to see it being a fast dry track then that will help us.

• ForumSupporter

@willow said in Wests Tigers Team v Sydney Roosters:

Matching the chooks through the middle is where this game will either be lost or won. Takieuo or whatever his name is helps us a bit as his post contact metres are massive. Our pack does look a little light but if the surface is slippery again and it’s hard to see it being a fast dry track then that will help us.

Ummmm…I like it better when you say we’ll get pumped…

• @NT_Tiger I’d go with that too

• @willow said in Wests Tigers Team v Sydney Roosters:

Matching the chooks through the middle is where this game will either be lost or won. Takieuo or whatever his name is helps us a bit as his post contact metres are massive. Our pack does look a little light but if the surface is slippery again and it’s hard to see it being a fast dry track then that will help us.

I like it better when he’s on holidays lol

• DDD2AFEB-47AB-41A1-A6D4-8D65264C8AB6.jpeg

• Screenshot_20190702-190943_Chrome.jpg

• I wouldn’t carry a hooker on the bench for this match.
    We need 4 forwards against their pack.
    We will tire out and have those 10 min lapse before halftime garbage and leak points.

Recent Topics