Round 16 *live spoilers*

• ForumSupporter

@GNR4LIFE said in Round 16 *live spoilers*:

@Geo said in Round 16 *live spoilers*:

They deserved a penalty from an offside player…OK that is definitely consistent with the one they got the week before milked by Cammy…

Half the players in the comp get penalties when they milk it. As Patriot said, you can’t cherry pick the ones you want to complain about because you don’t like the player.

Hughes was offside chasing the kick …so they deserved that penalty…yes consistent…

I never said anything about Hughes.

Well mabye read the resposnse Patriot said the Storm deserved that penalty

And not cherry pick a reply…

• @Geo said in Round 16 *live spoilers*:

They deserved a penalty from an offside player…OK that is definitely consistent with the one they got the week before milked by Cammy…

Not normally one to go out and defend the Storm, but that was a penalty every day of the week. There was no need for the back rower to get in the way, Hughes was never getting within cooee. Whether Hughes was onside or not is a different story. Looked thereabouts until you stop it when the ball is kicked and he’s probably half a foot offside. Not the only one we’ll see this weekend.

• ForumSupporter

@Cultured_Bogan said in Round 16 *live spoilers*:

Not normally one to go out and defend the Storm, but that was a penalty every day of the week. There was no need for the back rower to get in the way, Hughes was never getting within cooee. Whether Hughes was onside or not is a different story. Looked thereabouts until you stop it when the ball is kicked and he’s probably half a foot offside. Not the only one we’ll see this weekend.

Oh well.play on…doesn’t make it right in those cases either…

No it doesn’t but I’m sure we’ve probably benefit from one or two of those over the years. Millimetres offside is still offside, I get that, it wasn’t blatantly obvious in motion though. If he was half a metre offside and it was still awarded well yeah it would have been an extremely poor call.

EDIT: I just looked at the footage, I don’t blame the touchie for not blowing the whistle on this at all:

Offside.png

Half the players in the comp get penalties when they milk it. As Patriot said, you can’t cherry pick the ones you want to complain about because you don’t like the player.

Hughes was offside chasing the kick …so they deserved that penalty…yes consistent…

I never said anything about Hughes.

Well mabye read the resposnse Patriot said the Storm deserved that penalty

And not cherry pick a reply…

I wasn’t cherry picking a reply. If you think Hughes was offside, that’s your perception and your prerogative. Your comment about Smith is what I found interesting. Instead of replying to it, you’ve created a straw man.

• This post is deleted!

• @Cultured_Bogan said in Round 16 *live spoilers*:

No it doesn’t but I’m sure we’ve probably benefit from one or two of those over the years. Millimetres offside is still offside, I get that, it wasn’t blatantly obvious in motion though. If he was half a metre offside and it was still awarded well yeah it would have been an extremely poor call.

EDIT: I just looked at the footage, I don’t blame the touchie for not blowing the whistle on this at all:

Offside.png

That’s line ball having looked at it. I thought it would have been a metre the way its been mentioned. If he’s offside, its by a footstep at the most. There would be dozens of those every week that don’t get pulled up.

• ForumSupporter

Offside.png

That’s line ball having looked at it. I thought it would have been a metre the way its been mentioned. If he’s offside, its by a footstep at the most. There would be dozens of those every week that don’t get pulled up.

Again that does not make it right…

We are also talking about consistency aren’t we …you often here the refs call milking milking and don’t blow a penalty…then at other times as in Cammy case last week he clearly was and gets one…I’ll call other cereal milkers out as well…unless there in a Wests Tigers jumper which doesn’t happen that often compared to the Cammy’s of the NRL…

Another bog average decision on consistency last night was the Dragons giving away penalty after penalty on their goal line with Aitken responsible fo r4 alone …no bin yet the week before Gavet gave away 1 after half-time and got binned…

• Is he offside, the rule is where his feet are, not his body, foot on the ground appears to be behind the kicker, the foot off the ground is marginally in front but the ball is already in the air in that shot, I would guess both feet may have been behind the kicker when he made contact with the ball or at worse in line with him which is onside.

• Someone needs to change the name of these threads each weekend.

They are not “live” spoilers when people are still dribbling on about games 20 hours later

• Tetuvano has been charged, for thr tackle on brooks

• Been watching Herman closely following our rumoured interest in him. He would certainly add some impact with our ball running. Stoutly built, good footwork and he accelerates into the defensive line and gets onto his chest to play the ball (something we could do with more of). Looks more than useful in defence too.

• Ramien is great

hjahahah this try

• @TheDaBoss said in Round 16 *live spoilers*:

Ramien is great

that was a funny last minute try by knights

• Ramien in Black, White n Gold…Mmm that I’d love to see

Recent Topics