Esan Masters Please Stand Up

• Just putting it out there, that this kid needs to step up his game. I fear he is just in idle mode this year and isn’t showing the desperation and focus on the field that is needed from him.

He got owned by Latrell last match-up. He really needs to be switched on in defense and I’d like to see him get more involved in attack, not just dummy half runs. He needs to take a leaf out of Thompsons book and fight a little harder for every inch. He needs to make it personal with Mitchell tonight and seek a bit of redemption.

Ultimately I’m concerned he isn’t a centre. I mean I’ve seen more from Mbye in a couple of games at centre than Esan all year. I’m not sure he would handle second row at this stage either. If he wants to continue to play centre, he needs to bring more to his game like running angles and finding his offload and is it unreasonable to want your centres to score some tries.

I’m just waiting for him to really stand out in a game. C’mon bro your a Kiwi rep.

• He’s been very average this season. He’s had one great game and bunch of mediocre ones. Does he have 1 try and 1 try assist so far this season? Pathetic for an attacking centre. He just looks super complacent right now. He doesn’t bust his ass, he doesn’t get involved much.

I’d even consider dropping him to CC, playing him at prop, and telling him to just run hard every time he gets the ball. No steps, no offloads. Just get him practicing to run hard into the defensive line and keep those legs pumping.

• @Toowoomba_Tiger Be nice if he had a JAC/fast dude outside him. He loves the offload. With someone speedy to give it to, he would be among the top centres in the game. I’m happy enough with how he plays in general. I have him in my fantasy team, so I keep a close eye on every run he makes or tackle he does.

• Yes he has been extremely disappointing this year. Just seems totally disinterested. He still doesn’t know how to run at the line hard, still jinks and steps way to much.

• I agree with all comments here. Not sure what’s has happened to him. Before the season, he said he wanted to grow his game & add on to his 2018 form, but he’s nowhere near that so far this season. Over the last few weeks, his kicking game has improved from that shocking performance against Penrith in round 4, though he still missed 4 conversions against them in the next matchup where we beat them convincingly, his stats aren’t that impressive.

• Maybe it’s because he’s swapped over to the other side of the field ?

• Both attack and defence have looked sluggish and lazy

• He runs sideways almost all the time, never runs straight and hard like he should, he looks like he doesn’t know what he is supposed to be doing, how the hell he got picked for the kiwis this year I don’t know, although they picked Benji as well.

• One of the big disappointments this season. Thought this would be a year that he’d go up a notch or two. Hoping he turns it around during the backend of the season.

• Mitchell has had a smile on his face all day with the thought of playing against his favourite speed hump !

• @851 Isn’t Madge a great coach ?

• Does not look like a center to be honest.

When was the last time anyone saw him draw in two defenders and use quick hands to put his winger away?

Never?

He stops and props, stands in the tackle, tries to dump the ball out…like a 13 does in the modern game.

• @Toowoomba_Tiger said in Esan Masters Please Stand Up:

He needs to make it personal with Mitchell tonight and seek a bit of redemption.

And that is all that needs to be said.

• @balmain-boy said in Esan Masters Please Stand Up:

He’s been very average this season. He’s had one great game and bunch of mediocre ones. Does he have 1 try and 1 try assist so far this season? Pathetic for an attacking centre. He just looks super complacent right now. He doesn’t bust his ass, he doesn’t get involved much.

I’d even consider dropping him to CC, playing him at prop, and telling him to just run hard every time he gets the ball. No steps, no offloads. Just get him practicing to run hard into the defensive line and keep those legs pumping.

Not sure about try assists but he has 5 tries this season. That puts him as equal 2nd for Wests. Pretty sad reading, actually…

1. Thompson (6)
      =2. Marsters (5)
      =2. Chee-Kam (5)
      =2. Fonua (5)
      =5. Farah (4)
      =5. Jennings (4)

• @Madge said in Esan Masters Please Stand Up:

Maybe it’s because he’s swapped over to the other side of the field ?

Only for one or two matches, otherwise it has been the status quo.

Recent Topics