**live game thread** Us vs the Roosters

• @Bones spot on, unfortunately Bones. They will forever be remember as greats should they leave on our terms - my worry is another year might just leave everybody with a foul taste

• @TheDaBoss said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

Regardless of the score line, if u compare this performance, to our 1st game with the roosters

There is a big gap that has been bridged

There is, but they did have Tedesco, Friend, Cordner and Taukihio out.

I know we had Mbye and MAtulino, but the difference in what there players who were out bring compared to ours is significan.

• @WeHaveCheeKam - massive difference also in the quality of the replacements they have in their squad. All would be FGers in most other teams. They had no identifable weaknesses in their team last night even with the SOO players not available.

• @Bones said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

I’m still scratching my head at the 3rd tackle kick from Farah. We were on top with all the momentum, we were rolling down field again, and we kicked the ball back to them. Then 2 tackles later Benji rushes out of the line and the game slips away.

I agree I thought it was dumb. When you hit 40m on your third you should push forward for the last tackles rather than hand it back.

Also the kick is only as good as the chase, but nobody except MCK was ready for it. If you’re gonna kick early your team mates need to be aware of the change in plan.

HOWEVER Roosters ran out 2 tackles after the kick reception and we are entitled to defend that position - a two-pass shift should not find us so out of position like that.

• @TieDye I have already test taste!

• Might be in the minority but I’m somewhat satisfied with our performance. We saw some very promising attacking plays and can see the overall strength of our team is almost there.
    I thought we held our own and was on top for most of the game. Crucial errors killed us. Plus Roosters lifted once Manu was taken off.

• @Bones said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

I’m still scratching my head at the 3rd tackle kick from Farah. We were on top with all the momentum, we were rolling down field again, and we kicked the ball back to them. Then 2 tackles later Benji rushes out of the line and the game slips away.

That short spell right there is why I hope both guys retire this year. They have been great servants of the club but those plays are why we don’t make finals.

As I have said plenty of times these 2 cost us, but the media neglect this as always, with the headline in the tele “Marshall masterclass, not enough for tigers to defeat roosters”.
    This is the unwarranted media love for this bloke I have been banging on about for months, just gloss over the 2 tries he let in taking no one, and countless poor kicks, yes he did put up a couple of good spiral bombs, but give me a break.
    I also have no doubt Brooks is still playing in Benji’s shadow, and I believe Brooks would become a better player if Benji wasn’t there

• @Snake said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@TieDye I have already test taste!

Me too, have had it for months

• @851 said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@Bones said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

That short spell right there is why I hope both guys retire this year. They have been great servants of the club but those plays are why we don’t make finals.

As I have said plenty of times these 2 cost us, but the media neglect this as always, with the headline in the tele “Marshall masterclass, not enough for tigers to defeat roosters”.
    This is the unwarranted media love for this bloke I have been banging on about for months, just gloss over the 2 tries he let in taking no one, and countless poor kicks, yes he did put up a couple of good spiral bombs, but give me a break.
    I also have no doubt Brooks is still playing in Benji’s shadow, and I believe Brooks would become a better player if Benji wasn’t there

Who’s next to blame for Brooks?
    He’s had plenty of partners to blame, along with a ‘pack that doesn’t go forward’.
    He hasn’t been put in anyone’s shadow - he’s hiding in there … and only he can take the step out.

• I think we all have players we are frustrated with in that team but not the game to single out anyone after that loss it discounts all the work they did in getting us in a winning position. No team is mistake or error free the best teams counteract them better.
    Should mostly be pats on the back for that performance last night. We were not far off against arguably the most talented roster in the comp.

• G’day ☺ @cktiger : I really enjoyed the game last night, I’m sorry you didn’t.
    Don’t get me wrong though, I am obviously disappointed Our Wests Tigers didn’t win the game.
    Our blokes as a whole put in a great 80 mins display for the 1st time this year.
    Every player IMO put in 100% effort and you can’t ask more than that can Yuh.
    Sure there was a bad decision or three, but those mistakes happen when under extreme pressure. Even the best player in the world will make mistakes at inopportune times.
    I reckon Madge is now starting to ‘bring the best out’ in Our blokes who are mostly a team of Fibro battlers as compared to the Rorters. And I won’t be surprised to see more improvement as the season progresses.
    So in summing up…I reckon anyone who is disappointed with Our Team’s display last night, is just ‘pretty hard to please’.

• @MAGPIES1963 I 100% agree Magpie. Our supporters should be enjoying the effort our boys put in instead of criticizing.

• @MAGPIES1963 said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

G’day ☺ @cktiger : I really enjoyed the game last night, I’m sorry you didn’t.
    Don’t get me wrong though, I am obviously disappointed Our Wests Tigers didn’t win the game.
    Our blokes as a whole put in a great 80 mins display for the 1st time this year.
    Every player IMO put in 100% effort and you can’t ask more than that can Yuh.
    Sure there was a bad decision or three, but those mistakes happen when under extreme pressure. Even the best player in the world will make mistakes at inopportune times.
    I reckon Madge is now starting to ‘bring the best out’ in Our blokes who are mostly a team of Fibro battlers as compared to the Rorters. And I won’t be surprised to see more improvement as the season progresses.
    So in summing up…I reckon anyone who is disappointed with Our Team’s display last night, is just ‘pretty hard to please’.

Second time MAGPIES 63! Last week’s effort was 80 mins also. Two weeks running - could be the start of something new 😊

• G’day @Newtown : very well said Mate✌ ☺

• @Newtown said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@MAGPIES1963 I 100% agree Magpie. Our supporters should be enjoying the effort our boys put in instead of criticizing.

I’ll second that … considering what’s lacking in our squad at present … that was one hell of performance.

Recent Topics