**live game thread** Us vs the Roosters

• G’day @Spud_Murphy : thanks for the correction. I’m personally not expecting miracles, but You are correct Sir, we are definitely at the ‘start of something new’ and much more positivity for our Very Loyal Fans✌ ☺

• G’day @momo_amp_medo : I’m sure things will only get better, slowly maybe, but slowly is better than nuffin. Your name momo-amp-medo intrigues me and I’m wondering what the meaning is behind it? Don’t forget Our Mighty Magpies on the tele at 1pm tomorrow. Have a great day☺

• ForumSupporter

This post is deleted!

• ForumSupporter

@Spud_Murphy said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@MAGPIES1963 said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

G’day ☺ @cktiger : I really enjoyed the game last night, I’m sorry you didn’t.
    Don’t get me wrong though, I am obviously disappointed Our Wests Tigers didn’t win the game.
    Our blokes as a whole put in a great 80 mins display for the 1st time this year.
    Every player IMO put in 100% effort and you can’t ask more than that can Yuh.
    Sure there was a bad decision or three, but those mistakes happen when under extreme pressure. Even the best player in the world will make mistakes at inopportune times.
    I reckon Madge is now starting to ‘bring the best out’ in Our blokes who are mostly a team of Fibro battlers as compared to the Rorters. And I won’t be surprised to see more improvement as the season progresses.
    So in summing up…I reckon anyone who is disappointed with Our Team’s display last night, is just ‘pretty hard to please’.

Second time MAGPIES 63! Last week’s effort was 80 mins also. Two weeks running - could be the start of something new 😊

Are people already forgetting pushing the Storm to within 79 mins at full strength in Melbourne…?

• Really came down to 4 dumb defensive mistakes , and some blown mistakes in attack

A goal kicker of note is becoming a major priority

Even one goal changes the way we attack the final 15 minutes

• Banned

@happy_tiger if you need to rely on goal kicking to win games you are probably gonna lose more than you win

• @geosdrunk said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@happy_tiger if you need to rely on goal kicking to win games you are probably gonna lose more than you win

What are you talking about Hob …I mean Geo

• Banned

@Geo a bit like buying a hottie in the bar 5 drinks thinking she is a sure thing, but having to go home by yourself beating off to replays of the 2005 GF

• @cktiger said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@851 said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@Bones said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

I’m still scratching my head at the 3rd tackle kick from Farah. We were on top with all the momentum, we were rolling down field again, and we kicked the ball back to them. Then 2 tackles later Benji rushes out of the line and the game slips away.

That short spell right there is why I hope both guys retire this year. They have been great servants of the club but those plays are why we don’t make finals.

As I have said plenty of times these 2 cost us, but the media neglect this as always, with the headline in the tele “Marshall masterclass, not enough for tigers to defeat roosters”.
    This is the unwarranted media love for this bloke I have been banging on about for months, just gloss over the 2 tries he let in taking no one, and countless poor kicks, yes he did put up a couple of good spiral bombs, but give me a break.
    I also have no doubt Brooks is still playing in Benji’s shadow, and I believe Brooks would become a better player if Benji wasn’t there

Who’s next to blame for Brooks?
    He’s had plenty of partners to blame, along with a ‘pack that doesn’t go forward’.
    He hasn’t been put in anyone’s shadow - he’s hiding in there … and only he can take the step out.

100% Brooks needs to own his many short comings, but I do think he would be a better player without Benji there

• Good evening 851: direct from the coach’s mouth being Matthew Elliott on ABC Grandstand this afternoon ‘if your forwards are not dominating the game/getting smashed, your halfback 99% of the time will not be able to be a dominant player’. Luke Brooks is an amazing defensive 1/2 back and IMO one of the best in the NRL but in offense/attack he is behind the 8 ball apparently until our forwards can be much more dominant. So it won’t matter who our 5/8 is, it’s up to our forwards. Have a good night 851 ☺

• @MAGPIES1963
    Mate, he does have a special ability in how every single kick of his goes straight to an opposition. He never finds grass! It’s uncanny! Every single kick!
    He doesn’t put on pressure - he relieves it!
    And he does this every long kick. Every game.

His kicking game has gone backwards and is stuck in a Taylor-ball bomb-for-nothing timewarp.

Yes our forwards suck. But he is a liability at 7.

• @bigsiro said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@MAGPIES1963
    Mate, he does have a special ability in how every single kick of his goes straight to an opposition. He never finds grass! It’s uncanny! Every single kick!

His kicking game has gone backwards and is stuck in a Taylor-ball bomb-for-nothing timewarp.

Wasted on MAGPIES1963 - he actually said he enjoyed watching us…lose again.

@bigsiro said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@MAGPIES1963

Lose again? You say that like we weren’t coming off 2 straight wins. One of those wins against the team running second.

• @GNR4LIFE said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@cktiger said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@MAGPIES1963

Lose again? You say that like we weren’t coming off 2 straight wins. One of those wins against the team running second.

Who cares what we were coming off?
    I don’t “enjoy” us losing anytime.
    Even if we play ok.
    Maybe you should have read the post I was referring to.

@GNR4LIFE said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@cktiger said in **live game thread** Us vs the Roosters:

@MAGPIES1963

Who cares what we were coming off?
    I don’t “enjoy” us losing anytime.
    Even if we play ok.
    Maybe you should have read the post I was referring to.

I dont like us losing either

But u can deny the fact, that the game we played against the rorters, was a quality game, regardless of the ref and scoreline

Recent Topics