Game management

• Until such time as we have someone call the shots, and own the plays, we’re forever going to be struggling to step up to a more consistent level of footy. With all respect to Benji and Robbie, sadly the years have caught up with them, but in their career they have never been what what I’d consider organizers in the team, and have mostly always enjoyed the luxury of a thinking half alongside them .
    Our kicking game (specifically those high kicks) was substandard and far too easy for their defense to pick up.
    Our set plays are too slow and predictable. This is a reflection of the players we have, and the standard we can expect.
    This said, i wasn’t disappointed with the effort, and you can’t ask for more than this. A second string Rooster side still had enough firepower for us, simple as that.

Parra should be well within our reach.

• @Tiger_heart hardly a second-string Roosters, really only Tedesco missing of great note, but they got Keary back and he ended up being the match-winner.

Definitely kicking separated the sides but honestly I dont think Cronk or Keary managed the game any better than Benji or Brooks , just that Roosters have FAR more strike when they make their plays.

• @jirskyr 100% all their tries seemed effortless, looked like they were in 2nd gear when they scored and that was expected because they simply have too much class and strike power as you said.

• @Tiger_heart said in Game management:

Our kicking game (specifically those high kicks) was substandard and far too easy for their defense to pick up.

Not true, Benji has the best high kicking game in the game, I wish he would put up more bombs!

• Mitchell running a million km/h and cartwheeling was effortless?
    Wish our bloke ran that hard

• @innsaneink I thought our halves were better than theirs. If we had a players like Tupau, Latrell and Manu in our team it’d make the halves look better.

• @Earl mate if we had A ONE tall winger and more than a speed bump playing lock then we’d have won last night. Must say we need more than Faff can still offer and Liddle is for some reason not getting his shot at turning these close losses into wins.

• @TieDye said in Game management:

@Earl mate if we had A ONE tall winger and more than a speed bump playing lock then we’d have won last night. Must say we need more than Faff can still offer and Liddle is for some reason not getting his shot at turning these close losses into wins.

Because the height of wingers has a direct correlation with the quality of a football team. 🤔

• @TIGER because we conceded multiple tries through lack of good kick defusal, either directly prior or a set-odd before? 🧐 this is why I usually think before I post. Also we were definitely short one big man, Clark on the bench for mine would’ve helped us to shore up the middle more between 45-70 minutes. Obviously one tall, slow and unco winger wouldn’t do much for anyone. Compare Tupou to Momi or Jennings mainly… its an area that needs improving mate

• Roosters were missing Tedesco , Taukiehau , Cordner and Friend

Still an honourable performance

• @jirskyr said in Game management:

@Tiger_heart hardly a second-string Roosters, really only Tedesco missing of great note, but they got Keary back and he ended up being the match-winner.

Definitely kicking separated the sides but honestly I dont think Cronk or Keary managed the game any better than Benji or Brooks , just that Roosters have FAR more strike when they make their plays.

Roosters had less chances , but made us pay when they got their chances

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in Game management:

Roosters were missing Tedesco , Taukiehau , Cordner and Friend

And replaced them with a NZ rep an Pommy Rep an Origin player and a premiership winner…go figure…

• Banned

@Geo we need their accountant & CEO…

When is big head back?

I need another drink… now Im talking to myself

• @geosdrunk said in Game management:

@Geo we need their accountant & CEO…

When is big head back?

I need another drink… now Im talking to myself

BIGWIG Lenny Jr. is back, drunk geo.

• @Geo said in Game management:

@happy_tiger said in Game management:

Roosters were missing Tedesco , Taukiehau , Cordner and Friend

And replaced them with a NZ rep an Pommy Rep an Origin player and a premiership winner…go figure…

And that is the difference, they supposedly had room to sign Kyle Flanagan before June 30 as well, and we can’t afford anyone other than a development player. Yes they maybe smarter at managing their cap than us, but they are not that much smarter, yes I think they cheat the cap

Recent Topics