CC - Wests v Norths

• Seyfarth was on for literally 5 secs injured his knee, had a run then came off…

• @Madge said in CC - Wests v Norths:

Seyfarth was on for literally 5 secs injured his knee, had a run then came off…

☹

• @Madge also happened to, in that five seconds, make a great charge on play 5 at Queensland’s line, denting their numbers and allowing the 5/8 to scoot over with that space on last.

Then I’m assuming after injuring his knee some time in the set pulled off an absolute pearler of a tackle with some assistance to keep QLD to 4.

• G’day @fred: When I tuned in to Sunday’s game against the Bears I was horrified to see how friggin slow he is. A real ‘genuine plodder’ I’m sorry to say ☹

• G’day @TheDaBoss: I just mentioned to @FRED how friggin slow Dylan Smith is. What I really meant to say was 'my 93 yo Aunt Gladys could beat him in a foot race around the block. I said could as she passed away a few years ago but could still run faster than him now!!! ♻

• @MAGPIES1963 said in CC - Wests v Norths:

G’day @TheDaBoss: I just mentioned to @FRED how friggin slow Dylan Smith is. What I really meant to say was 'my 93 yo Aunt Gladys could beat him in a foot race around the block. I said could as she passed away a few years ago but could still run faster than him now!!! ♻

speed may be a issue… but there i still no denying that he is still a great talent

• G’day @TieDye: you’ve got a big heart mate and a lot of understanding of Garner’s sad loss ☹ It sounds to me like you may have been in the same or similar situation. Cheers Mate ☺

• Well said @fred: hey that rhymes!! You’ve probably been hit with that 1000’s times on here though, but I’m only a newbie so you’ll have to forgive me for my indulgence.
    Re your post about Madden and what goes on behind the scenes.
    Very interesting, but ‘unfortunately’ it goes on in any club, organization, forum or whatever. Cliques form, and unless you kiss the right butt and sometimes the left butt as well you aren’t accepted, discarded or ignored.
    Many years ago a mate of mine was at the top of the 1st-grade cricket umpires list in Sydney but wasn’t the sort of bloke to kiss butt, so was ignored and then discarded. Very sad and life is a real bitch at times eh. So sad I gotta go and have a cuppa tea,☺ Cheers mate.

• Very well said ‘again’ @fred: very well worded, thought out and obviously knowledgeable. I’ll be looking forward to your future posts with great interest ☝

• Well said @TieDye: Thanks for that very positive review of Seyfarth as compared to @Madge’s negative review. I find it hard to understand how 2 people presumably watching the same game can see it so differently. Cheers mate ☺

• @MAGPIES1963 am not sure TBH! Hahaha but that’s what makes the forum a great place

He was definitely limited in his output by the injury but thought he showed much promise

• @TheDaBoss said in CC - Wests v Norths:

@MAGPIES1963 said in CC - Wests v Norths:

G’day @TheDaBoss: I just mentioned to @FRED how friggin slow Dylan Smith is. What I really meant to say was 'my 93 yo Aunt Gladys could beat him in a foot race around the block. I said could as she passed away a few years ago but could still run faster than him now!!! ♻

speed may be a issue… but there i still no denying that he is still a great talent

Still looks injured to me

• @MAGPIES1963 I don’t know why they don’t have some sort of sprint times on all grades so they can identify who needs help even though you either have speed or you don’t. If they were even to get an improvement of half a second that could mean a huge difference to the good players. Not sure how good that sprint coach Addo Carr uses but they swear by him.

Without the risk of doing hammies, they should have some sprints across the club in my opinion to get a fair idea of who is very quick and who isn’t when considering selections and player recruits. In terms of real speed in CC (other than by watching) I have not much idea nor in JF but in NRL Brooks sounds like he is super quick but how do the others compare (even MCK - how fast would he do for example?)

Recent Topics