CC - Wests v Norths

• I feel for garner, he is obviously still struggling with the loss of his father,

Hope he gets another crack at 1st grade

• @TheDaBoss garner’s a really, really good bloke and losing either of one’s parents is never easy… especially as a young man - most, if not all, of that responsibility falls onto you

• @Snake Throwing out Pascoe is useless unless you have a better replacement and a plan with about another two years tacked on to it. If we got angry it would probably see your perceived negative types thrown out of the club and then…what? Another rebuild where the person in charge needs to be mistake free lest we get angry again? Getting rid of Pascoe does nothing. Changing the perception of our club to sponsors, players and administrators around the league is most important, something which Go, Cleary, Pascoe and now Maguire are managing to do.

• @krayola Pascoe is not the problem. When I think where we are today with financial, coaching and core roster stability and almost as important our future improvements in the training facilities and improved junior recruitment… as against where we were 3 years ago … we are doing well.
    Mid table finishing is not ideal but way better and we are competing with top teams and that is a positive.
    We will get there … stay with me … and don’t focus your blame where it’s not warranted.

• This post is deleted!

• @Sunnycoast_tiger I’ve said this for years, playing junior reps means nothing when you go up in grade, many times the best players in certain positions don’t get picked in junior reps it’s massively political. Madden is learning and will get better, but I said a while ago he is not in the top 5 half’s for his age , people need to forget about aust schoolboy garbage,if you have followed and watched junior reps…eg matts ball etc… you will know that he was extremely blessed because there were 3 or 4 better halves but he kept getting the gig, all we have done at the Tigers is pump up his tyres massively, and unfortunately it’s not warranted at this stage, he does some good things in a game, and does a lot of ordinary things, as he gets older he will get stronger and hopefully improve his defence too.

• I have not seen Cory Paix play but I do recall an article suggesting he would move to hooker due to the loss of Jake SImpkin to the WTs? Paix is not the first choice young half as the Broncs preferred Tom Deardon who was on the Aust Schools tour with Madden. O’Sullivan is playing half today. In any case, we were belted today which suggests far deeper issues of concern.

Check this link to the depth of talent of the Broncs. It is hard to compete when there is so much talent available.

https://broncoshq.com/threads/2020-depth.40388/

• @fred said in CC - Wests v Norths:

@Sunnycoast_tiger I’ve said this for years, playing junior reps means nothing when you go up in grade, many times the best players in certain positions don’t get picked in junior reps it’s massively political. Madden is learning and will get better, but I said a while ago he is not in the top 5 half’s for his age , people need to forget about aust schoolboy garbage,if you have followed and watched junior reps…eg matts ball etc… you will know that he was extremely blessed because there were 3 or 4 better halves but he kept getting the gig, all we have done at the Tigers is pump up his tyres massively, and unfortunately it’s not warranted at this stage, he does some good things in a game, and does a lot of ordinary things, as he gets older he will get stronger and hopefully improve his defence too.

Please enlighten us as to whom these 4 superior half-backs are for his age. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for them so I can compare.

• @balmain-boy said in CC - Wests v Norths:

This is a wooden spoon lineup. Easily the worst in CC. No Reynolds no packer, Talau, Robson, seyfarth and the list goes on.

Awful backs, pathetic pack and McIntyre partnering madden in the halves. Wtf.

I’m a supporter but this team has: no size, no speed, no coach, no idea and very little talent. If Madden is our future half, then God help us.

• @colinbh I don’t know what you expect him to do with a team like that?

• Where were Reynolds and Packer today…?did they call in sick?

• @balmain-boy Ok when he was coming through matts and ball, the knights had a gun pack of forwards, very big pack that used to steamroll sides, they won a lot of games and they started to get a lot of blokes tied up in rep sides (former players tied up with picking and coaching rep sides). Not just madden but a lot of kids from Newcastle were getting picked in nsw and rep schoolboy sides, some rightly so, and others because they had something to do with the coaches and support staff.
    At matts and ball age imo, the 3 best half backs coming through in nsw in maddens age, imo were crossland, averillo, bonnano.
    At the national rep schoolboy age paix, boyd and deardon from qld, imo were better than madden. Just my opinion. Now if you play at aust schoolboys level, you are guaranteed a development contract, this is a direct quote from our own dave warwick"", who said this at a schoolboy carnival, and ive also been present when ““warren mcdonnell”” has said the same thing. do I think this is right, no I don’t, I think a massive emphasis is on junior aust schoolboys, that isn’t necessarily warranted. I’m not picking on the kid, I would just like people at the tigers to be realistic at this stage of his career, he kicks the ball very well, and he’s a talker, this has been evident since a young age, and his favourite play has always been dropping blokes under, but I’m sure madge is working with him on various area’s to improve his game across the board as he matures.

• @fred I didn’t mention Dylan Brown because he plays for the kiwis now, but at the time he played for aust in 2017 schoolboys I think, and he was ripping sides apart down there at cabra when he was in matta and ball.

• @fred Over the years there have been some outstanding players who were selected in the Aust Schoolboys eg Tedesco, Woods, Brooks, Moses and recently Ryan Papenhuyzen who were all local juniors. Don’t you trust our recruitment manager to get it right? Madden is learning his trade and I would rather him learn it with us than another club. Of all those Bronco halves you mentioned, Paix is moving to hooker to replace SImpkin who we’ve signed, Boyd has been moved on from the Broncos and Deardon looked solid without much attack. O’Sullan (another Aust Shools player) is all runner, not much organising. What is your suggestion?

• @pawsandclaws1 I was askedby Balmain boy my opinion on other halves that were coming through at the same time, I give Dave Warwick credit because he went out and bought Talau, Bradley ( who I think is a backrower by the way), madden who we have discussed, Cini and Dillon who both have great attacking ability and Dillon has genuine speed. And a mate of mine at the bulldogs said Warwick had a dip at averillo as well but was turned down because offer wasn’t what they wanted, so yes I’m actually wrapping Dave Warwick, I’m not convinced on Henry laeluga or Seyfarth but hopefully those boys continue to get better as well, just know first hand how political junior reps are and I don’t get wrapped up in the whole he’s a junior kangaroo he must be good thing

Recent Topics