Back to the future wests tigers style.

Anyone else come on to this forum and feel like it’s 2012? Benji and robbie are the problem with the team. So we got rid of them and we lost still. Got them back and we still lose. Maybe they are not the problem but they are also not the answer
If our highly paid 5/8 and young promising dh can’t replace these old men we have a real problem

@kiwitiger Benji and Robbie have been some of our most consistent performers all year. Benji was a standout last night but lacked players such as Latrell Mitchell to take full advantage of our second half dominance. You need to ask our winger why he dropped a straightforward kick which resulted in a try. Our goalkicker was also off target. That was the difference.

@kiwitiger said in Back to the future wests tigers style.:

If our highly paid 5/8 and young promising dh can’t replace these old men we have a real problem

They can’t

1-2 players don’t make a team (exception is Thurston at Cows)

When the WT can move forward without influence of history, they will create a new history!

If they are given a fair crack I have no doubt they will comfortably replace those pair, they just need that chance to prove it, they can’t prove bugger all at the moment

@851 this is the reason I created the thread. Why do you feel they should be given the chance? They obviously have not deserved it yet…so we just hope and give them a chance? After all we have done this before and it was such a success here we are 7 years later relying on them. Really if the younger guys are not pulling up trees is it time to question them and move them on?

@851 this is the reason I created the thread. Why do you feel they should be given the chance? They obviously have not deserved it yet…so we just hope and give them a chance? After all we have done this before and it was such a success here we are 7 years later relying on them. Really if the younger guys are not pulling up trees is it time to question them and move them on?

Grub was near best on ground in 2 of the 3 games he played before he got injured this year, Liddle picks up our intensity in attack whenever he is on the field, which is no where near long enough, that is why I feel this way

@851 Benji has been near best on ground a number of occasion this season and is playing much better football than Grub. Grub is an effort player and does not lead the team around the field which is what is needed for this team. I would like to see Liddle get a little more game time, but he is obviously not ready for bigger minutes in the coaches opinion!

Without benji last night we lose by 20. Simple

@Tiger_Steve said in Back to the future wests tigers style.:

Without benji last night we lose by 20. Simple

Rubbish.

I loved Potter as a coach but Benji and Robbie needed to a coach who had 100% control and 100% of the clubs backing

I’d give Benji another year easily. Haven’t seen anyone mention the pass he laid on for Momo’s try. He didn’t rush it, he took his time, composed himself, and threw a gem of a pass.

Farah can hang them up. His goose is cooked.

@GNR4LIFE
Benji will know when to call it quits he stills offers a lot Robbie is a little to predicatable we need more pace in our back line in yesterdays Canterbury Cup the Rooster/Bear try scorers in their backs showed pace maybe we should look to chase one or two of them if no recognised first graders are on the market

Until both these guys are gone the team will never progress …yes great players for our club but reality is they need to retire and move on with there life’s . The club as with us supporters have been very gracious to both of them but it is time to move on as both are hampering the progress of the team moving forward .