Home Ground situation needs to change

• @shane2801 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Cultured_Bogan That’s what it’s about mate. Leichhardt or Campbelltown are hardly fortresses anyway.

Campbelltown struggles for crowds because 1. Alot of games are scheduled against out of town clubs, 2. Ticket prices too expensive out there. 3. We are usually playing like busteds,

Leichhardt only gets big crowds because 1. Most games get allocated on a Sunday afternoon 2. It’s a trendy thing for the locals to do on a Sunday.

ANZ is the answer but a revamp in ticket prices for ANZ is paramount. $5 tickets behind the posts then upwards from there.

What are the averages at our 3 stadiums this year?

• @mike
    With the introduction of Macathur United FC to the A league in 20/21 I think it would be prudent to form a relationship with the team.When the West Tigers were formed it was to save two clubs that were facing uncertain futures and were looking to cement a future in Sydney South West since 20 years has passed since the merger its time we STOPPED being the Gypsies of the competition and set down our roots once and for all and if thats at Campbelltown then so be it look at how the South West has grown in the last 20 years and in the next 10 years with the 2nd airport the area will not be recognizable to what it is today both clubs have a great histories now its time to cement our futures.
    I believe Macarthur FC have some very good people behind them and are prepared to invest money into improving CSS we should get on board develope our COE at CSS and help to develope the vast sporting talent that is in the region.

• I am trying to give our new stadium a go in gaining my support, but it is struggling to get there. Actual seats are good, with food and beverages easily accessible, but thus far it has felt like a soulless open cut coal mine to me.

Maybe it has been the terrible time slots of Thursday and Friday night games, the wet days and mid winter nights. I would take back the Olympic stadium with all it’s faults at this point, but will head out on Sunday arvo to give it another go.

• @WT2K There is no need for a poll … the club has to decide where our home ground will be! They are the ones that have caused this situation ,for 20 yrs they have divided the supporter base while sweeping this issue under the rug ! The one variable is neither Leichhardt or Campbelltown are viable for this purpose moving forward . So this leaves 3 options BankWest stadium but in an undesirable suburb for many …or a revamped ANZ stadium the coliseum of no atmosphere for club games that from day one has been rubbished by our supporters as soulless but still in the Parramatta (opps there’s that word again) LGA. Then of course there is the new stadium in Moore Park now for a person living in the inner west of Sydney this could be an option except for one reason … travelling into the city and for supporters living further south W/ north W and West this is an issue and of course we will have the garbage like Parramatta it will always be the Roosters home ground just will not feel right. So unless someone has the millions to build a stadium in the inner west there are the 3 options .
    This situation needs to be rectified quickly as the club has stretched itself to thinly, consolidation needs to happen immediately, after 20 yrs our club needs a home …Our team needs a home and us supporters need one home . Enough is enough time for some leadership and positive actions from the West’s group . Not everybody will be happy but that’s life , this IMO
    is the most crucial decision the club needs to make to cement itself in the Sydney basin once and for all !

• @Elderslie_Tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@mike
    With the introduction of Macathur United FC to the A league in 20/21 I think it would be prudent to form a relationship with the team.When the West Tigers were formed it was to save two clubs that were facing uncertain futures and were looking to cement a future in Sydney South West since 20 years has passed since the merger its time we STOPPED being the Gypsies of the competition and set down our roots once and for all and if thats at Campbelltown then so be it look at how the South West has grown in the last 20 years and in the next 10 years with the 2nd airport the area will not be recognizable to what it is today both clubs have a great histories now its time to cement our futures.
    I believe Macarthur FC have some very good people behind them and are prepared to invest money into improving CSS we should get on board develope our COE at CSS and help to develope the vast sporting talent that is in the region.

I’m pretty sure that the money allocated to the COE is earmarked for Concord. While I agree with many of your points I just don’t see it happening. There is no will from any party involved to drive it. It would be great if that changed but I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

• I’ve no real problem with shared homegrounds as it will ease costs on maintenance, upgrades and make it easier to argue to transport and surrounding facilities upgrades when needed. However, before we leap in, whilst others cling to their homegrounds, we have a 2 year period before ANZ Homebush stadium is renovated. It is in our patch and although not ideal it provides a solution within our area to the run down Leichhardt and Campbelltown ovals. Furthermore, make the NRL announce a policy of shared stadiums for the Sydney located teams and announce where these stadiums will be. I’m assuming Bankwest at Parra, ANZ at Homebush and the future Moore Park ground. How many more?

• A winning football team will do wonders for crowd sizes and atmosphere. Also weather and time slots come into play.

Bankwest beats the pants off any of our other venues. My only complaint is directed at the lack of trains that are scheduled from Parramatta station that hook up with the finish of the game.

• @Snake said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@WT2K There is no need for a poll … the club has to decide where our home ground will be! They are the ones that have caused this situation ,for 20 yrs they have divided the supporter base while sweeping this issue under the rug ! The one variable is neither Leichhardt or Campbelltown are viable for this purpose moving forward . So this leaves 3 options BankWest stadium but in an undesirable suburb for many …or a revamped ANZ stadium the coliseum of no atmosphere for club games that from day one has been rubbished by our supporters as soulless but still in the Parramatta (opps there’s that word again) LGA. Then of course there is the new stadium in Moore Park now for a person living in the inner west of Sydney this could be an option except for one reason … travelling into the city and for supporters living further south W/ north W and West this is an issue and of course we will have the garbage like Parramatta it will always be the Roosters home ground just will not feel right. So unless someone has the millions to build a stadium in the inner west there are the 3 options .
    This situation needs to be rectified quickly as the club has stretched itself to thinly, consolidation needs to happen immediately, after 20 yrs our club needs a home …Our team needs a home and us supporters need one home . Enough is enough time for some leadership and positive actions from the West’s group . Not everybody will be happy but that’s life , this IMO
    is the most crucial decision the club needs to make to cement itself in the Sydney basin once and for all !

Doesn’t matter where you live in outer Sydney, all transport seems based on the aim of moving masses of people in and out of the city.

The Roosters leagues club is a few kms from the SFS, not right on the doorstep (and the beneficiary of the cost of parking at the ground). Surrry Hills and the CBD have food and beverage experiences equal to or better than Parramatta. The only downside of the new city stadium is the limited connection to our club.

Homebush (both the ground and surrounding area) lacks any form of atmosphere.

Bankwest is another teams home ground, with our club the only one dumb enough to use it as a regular homebase while there are other options available. It is also designed for television by having one side of the ground dedicated to corporates & TV cameras, thus forcing the general public into the other side of the ground to make a good TV backdrop, eben when numbers are down. This flipside is that this limits the seats available to the punters and so whenever there is a decent crowd, more of them are forced into the corners and behind the posts.

I look forward to seeing what the new SFS looks like, but at this stage would prefer to be playing out of homebush.

• Buy a good seat earlier Harvey… Problem solved

• Good morning @cochise : It’s 19km to Bankwest as compared to 44kms to a possible Campbelltown ‘Super’ Stadium for ‘you’ cochise. But what about everyone else, or are you only interested in yourself, and what you want now.
    Do you really care enough about Our Wests Tigers? to care about what happens to Our Wests Tiger in the near future, as the near future will determine the longevity of Our Wests Tigers remaining as a Sydney based team, rather than a team relocated to Perth or New Guinea or some other far-flung backwater or even worse, some other who-flung dung backwater?
    I reckon if the N.R.L are prepared to pay many million $$$ to relocate Our Wests Tigers to Perth as many on this forum feel they will, why wouldn’t the N.R.L. be even more willing to relocate Our Wests Tigers to Campbelltown to become the ‘Powerhouse of the West’ and then have a Perth based team with their own identity. IM humble O, much more sensible and exciting all round.
    As I have said before cochise, Western Sydney Parkland which includes Campbelltown, is a new and exciting growth area with unlimited potential for expansion for Our club. If the population in and around Campbelltown doesn’t already exceed that of Perth or Port Moresby or even that who-flung dung backwater, it certainly will in the very near future.
    I live in a regional area of N.S.W. so it means diddly squat to me to have to travel to Leichhardt, Homebush, Parramatta or Campbelltown.
    I have the longevity of Our Wests Tigers at heart. Do you cochise?
    I feel you are trying to hang on to a dream of having Our Wests Tigers remain a Balmain/Leichhardt centered team when you know very well ‘times change’ and we have to change or get left behind. And I really do understand your need to feel this way as you have probably followed Your team as long as I have followed the Wests Magpies ie nearly 60 years.
    All of the above IS said with all due RESPECT to You cochise.☺ ✌

• @supercoach said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

A winning football team will do wonders for crowd sizes and atmosphere. Also weather and time slots come into play.

Bankwest beats the pants off any of our other venues. My only complaint is directed at the lack of trains that are scheduled from Parramatta station that hook up with the finish of the game.

It’s also not that flash for fans if daytime afternoon games. Fans only on the eastern side which mean the sun is directly shining in your face. The western stand for corporates and press is great.

• West’s major club is Ashfield. The new COE is Concord. Last time I read most of the major sponsors are Sydney proper based. The much vaunted Campbelltown juniors have not eventuated. We have missed the boat in terms of stadium spending. The Western Sydney Parklnds are just that. Oran Park was our opportunity and we missed it. Campbelltown has not embraced the WTs or West’s. Inner West both Maggie’s and Tiger territory is the future. Can you forsee us giving up the productive junior district so the Roosters can move in?

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

West’s major club is Ashfield. The new COE is Concord. Last time I read most of the major sponsors are Sydney proper based. The much vaunted Campbelltown juniors have not eventuated. We have missed the boat in terms of stadium spending. The Western Sydney Parklnds are just that. Oran Park was our opportunity and we missed it. Campbelltown has not embraced the WTs or West’s. Inner West both Maggie’s and Tiger territory is the future. Can you forsee us giving up the productive junior district so the Roosters can move in?

What are you talking about Wests juniors haven’t eventuated?

Tedesco
    Nofoaluma
    Lawrence

Only 3 of the biggest names the club has produced.

• This is not a West’s v Tigers issue. The power base and corporate support are predominantly in the Ashfiekd inner west Sydney corridor. I wanted the South West to embrace the WTs but it hasn’t happened. The COE is exciting and should attract top junior talent whether that is from Campbelltown, Ashfiekd or Ryde. It doesn’t matter as long as they play for the WTs.

• @willow said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Ideally I would like to see Campbelltown redeveloped into a first class sporting stadium - rip down both existing grandstands, put in brand new ones with corporate facilities on both sides, either end of the ground could be left open for families or have an entire grandstand built around it - you could easily make it a 25000-30000 capacity stadium similar to Bankwest - then we’d have a fortress.

This is the only way to go imo. Could be great. Either that or play all of our home games at a redeveloped ANZ (not ideal because it’s shared, and massive), with one token game each at CSS and LO. If CSS is developed into a Bankwest though, it’s a no brainer to make that just about our one and only home ground. And as much as Bankwest is good, it will take years to shed the ‘Parra’s home ground’ image, if at all possible to do so.

Recent Topics