Home Ground situation needs to change

@GNR4LIFE said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

West’s major club is Ashfield. The new COE is Concord. Last time I read most of the major sponsors are Sydney proper based. The much vaunted Campbelltown juniors have not eventuated. We have missed the boat in terms of stadium spending. The Western Sydney Parklnds are just that. Oran Park was our opportunity and we missed it. Campbelltown has not embraced the WTs or West’s. Inner West both Maggie’s and Tiger territory is the future. Can you forsee us giving up the productive junior district so the Roosters can move in?

What are you talking about Wests juniors haven’t eventuated?

Tedesco
Nofoaluma
Lawrence

Only 3 of the biggest names the club has produced.

Spot on GNR, Hayne and Folau are from Minto, there are a stack of good players out that way, it is up to us to get them first

last edited by 851

@MAGPIES1963 What rubbish! I have noticed a trend in your posts since they day you joined this site but let it slide as a few people I respect on here seemed to know you, so I thought I must have been wrong. Your posts come across as rude, confrontational and bias. This site improved greatly once the us vs them died down but you seem intent to bring it back.

Now onto your rubbish post your directed towards me,

@MAGPIES1963 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

It’s 19km to Bankwest as compared to 44kms to a possible Campbelltown ‘Super’ Stadium for ‘you’ cochise. But what about everyone else, or are you only interested in yourself, and what you want now.

Only interested in myself, it is actually quicker for me to travel to Campbelltown than any other ground we use as a home ground so that post wasn’t about me it was about it being closer to Wests Ashfield the owners of the Wests Tigers!

Do you really care enough about Our Wests Tigers?

Who do you think you are to come onto this site and question how much I care about this club? You have no idea what I have put into supporting this team and I can tell you this club is my number 1 priority in Rugby League, I am not the one with another team in my username!

As I have said before cochise, Western Sydney Parkland which includes Campbelltown, is a new and exciting growth area with unlimited potential for expansion for Our club. If the population in and around Campbelltown

This is not about Balmain vs Wests to me like it is for you, this club is run by Wests Ashfield and I do not see why they would want to move the team fulltime to Campbelltown as it does not benefit them. If Wests Campbelltown want the team back then they need to reenter the club and start supporting it again.

I have the longevity of Our Wests Tigers at heart. Do you cochise?
I feel you are trying to hang on to a dream of having Our Wests Tigers remain a Balmain/Leichhardt centered team when you know very well ‘times change’ and we have to change or get left behind. And I really do understand your need to feel this way as you have probably followed Your team as long as I have followed the Wests Magpies ie nearly 60 years.

Again who do you think you are to preach to me? I am not a Balmain supporter, I am, unlike you, a Wests Tigers supporter. Times do change mate, maybe you should stop rocking your Magpies username, stop being a dinosaur and keep the Balmain vs Wests rubbish out of this. I think most people on here will agree that though I can be opinionated that I do not push this sort of rubbish!

Now I would love the Tigers to move into a flash wizz bang stadium in Campbelltown, but it is not going to happen. The Government will not build it, the clubs ownership is in Ashfield, and the support of Wests Campbelltown was removed, so because of those reasons I believe that Bankwest is our best option moving forward.

Next time I recommend that you refrain from making assumptions about people and keep the Wests v Balmain rubbish off this site!

All of the above is said with all due respect to you Magpies1963!

last edited by cochise

@851 I’ve already stated this is not a Maggies v Tigers issue yet GNR just cannot resist the opportunity to try and put the boot in (unsuccessfully).

@pawsandclaws1 I thought we had moved on from this rubbish, but here it is again. Lets choose one home ground and be done with it, I’m getting to the point that I don’t even care about having any games at the old venues as it just creates infighting in our supporter base.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@851 I’ve already stated this is not a Maggies v Tigers issue yet GNR just cannot resist the opportunity to try and put the boot in (unsuccessfully).

You claimed that the West’s juniors never eventuated. Yet there are tons of players that have emerged from the area that make that claim look ridiculous. Some already pointed out to you. Instead of a counter argument, you’ve created a straw man argument. No one mentioned Balmain for it to be a Wests vs Balmain thing.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@GNR4LIFE

@MAGPIES1963 is trying to turn this into a Wests v Balmain argument.

@cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@GNR4LIFE

@MAGPIES1963 is trying to turn this into a Wests v Balmain argument.

Fair enough. He needn’t accuse me though. I was addressing his claim about Ctown. Nothing to do with Wests vs Balmain.

@MAGPIES1963 What rubbish! I have noticed a trend in your posts since they day you joined this site but let it slide as a few people I respect on here seemed to know you, so I thought I must have been wrong. Your posts come across as rude, confrontational and bias. This site improved greatly once the us vs them died down but you seem intent to bring it back.

It’s 19km to Bankwest as compared to 44kms to a possible Campbelltown ‘Super’ Stadium for ‘you’ cochise. But what about everyone else, or are you only interested in yourself, and what you want now.

Only interested in myself, it is actually quicker for me to travel to Campbelltown than any other ground we use as a home ground so that post wasn’t about me it was about it being closer to Wests Ashfield the owners of the Wests Tigers!

Who do you think you are to come onto this site and question how much I care about this club? You have no idea what I have put into supporting this team and I can tell you this club is my number 1 priority in Rugby League, I am not the one with another team in my username!

As I have said before cochise, Western Sydney Parkland which includes Campbelltown, is a new and exciting growth area with unlimited potential for expansion for Our club. If the population in and around Campbelltown

This is not about Balmain vs Wests to me like it is for you, this club is run by Wests Ashfield and I do not see why they would want to move the team fulltime to Campbelltown as it does not benefit them. If Wests Campbelltown want the team back then they need to reenter the club and start supporting it again.

I feel you are trying to hang on to a dream of having Our Wests Tigers remain a Balmain/Leichhardt centered team when you know very well ‘times change’ and we have to change or get left behind. And I really do understand your need to feel this way as you have probably followed Your team as long as I have followed the Wests Magpies ie nearly 60 years.

Again who do you think you are to preach to me? I am not a Balmain supporter, I am, unlike you, a Wests Tigers supporter. Times do change mate, maybe you should stop rocking your Magpies username, stop being a dinosaur and keep the Balmain vs Wests rubbish out of this. I think most people on here will agree that though I can be opinionated that I do not push this sort of rubbish!

Now I would love the Tigers to move into a flash wizz bang stadium in Campbelltown, but it is not going to happen. The Government will not build it, the clubs ownership is in Ashfield, and the support of Wests Campbelltown was removed, so because of those reasons I believe that Bankwest is our best option moving forward.

Next time I recommend that you refrain from making assumptions about people and keep the Wests v Balmain rubbish off this site!

Well said👍

@Tiger_Steve said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Well said👍

Thanks mate, he has annoyed me a little as a lot of his post seem to be stirring up trouble and having a go at people who have contributed to this site for many years!

I don’t think anyone is talking about Balmain and wests anymore. Balmain has been lucky to have a partner as supportive as wests, they could have killed us like manly did to norths and they didn’t, even when it might have even been prudent to do so. Balmain owes Wests forever. Can we direct all hate to that backstabbing Benny Elias and the Balmain execs who turned all our assets to dust?

I think everyone acknowledges the potential of campbelltown and most love the tradition of Leichhardt. These two places are assets not conflicts.

Let’s move on.

I still don’t see argument for bankwest. I’d like to know how much better it is for us financially to play away from our traditional grounds? Does anyone know? Maybe then we can judge why we do it.

last edited by watersider

@watersider said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

I don’t think anyone is talking about Balmain and wests anymore. Balmain has been lucky to have a partner as supportive as wests, they could have killed us like manly did to norths and they didn’t, even when it might have even been prudent to do so. Balmain owes Wests forever. Can we direct all hate to that backstabbing Benny Elias and the Balmain execs who turned all our assets to dust?

I think everyone acknowledges the potential of campbelltown and most love the tradition of Leichhardt. These two places are assets not conflicts.

Let’s move on.

I still don’t see argument for bankwest. I’d like to know how much better it is for us financially to play away from our traditional grounds? Does anyone know? Maybe then we can judge why we do it.

Roughly 100K a game V braking even on a good night/day at the traditional grounds…

last edited by Geo

I don’t think anyone is talking about Balmain and wests anymore.

@MAGPIES1963 has a very us against them style of posting which is very disappointing as that type of stuff has reduced a lot around here over the last couple of years!

We need around the 15000 mark to break even at CSS and LO, we were in the middle of a 10 year deal at ANZ which had us receiving $100000 for opening the gates and then a share of the gate above I think 20000. We also shared signage at the ground. I’m guessing but I would think we negotiated to have that deal moved to Bankwest this year.

last edited by cochise

G’day @watersider : thank you for jumping in and bringing some common sense back into this debate. I am certainly ‘not’ trying in any way to bring back a Balmain V Wests argument. That is the furthermost thing in my thoughts.
I was simply trying to understand cochise, as I feel he possibly has a very closed and narrow way of thinking in regard to what position is the best for Our Wests Tigers and I repeat “Our Wests Tigers” for our future stability ☺

G’day @watersider : thank you for jumping in and bringing some common sense back into this debate. I am certainly ‘not’ trying in any way to bring back a Balmain V Wests argument. That is the furthermost thing in my thoughts.
I was simply trying to understand cochise, as I feel he possibly has a very closed and narrow way of thinking in regard to what position is the best for Our Wests Tigers and I repeat “Our Wests Tigers” for our future stability

I am not closed minded at all and you were not trying to understand me, you made assumptions that were completely untrue. If you were trying to understand me you have asked questions instead of making up rubbish and trying to pass it as my motivation to what I said!

I am not closed minded, but I am realistic about what is possible for our club moving forward and a fulltime move to Campbelltown is not realistic!