Home Ground situation needs to change

• @cktiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

One traditional game each at Campbelltown and Leichhardt, and none in the country unless we have to.

It’s sad but im slowly coming to the conclusion that it may be time to not play at CSS or LO at all. How many times does the subject get argued about who gets the better crowds on here? It divides us as a fanbase at time we need to be doing more to become a united club!

• This post is deleted!

• @Geo said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Roughly 100K a game V braking even on a good night/day at the traditional grounds.

Where does this figure come from? Not trying to have a go at you, I remember reading these things in the paper as well, but do we have actual sources for this information or is this just what the administration tells us to justify their decision? If Sharks can manage to play games at home, if Penrith can do it, if Manly can do it, why can’t we? I’m sick of trusting our administrators, what have they done beside just barely survive, earning a profit once in 20 years and making 3/20 finals? I think they need to do a better job. ANZ manages to pay us $100 000 to play our home games there, putting 15 000 fans (at most, with probably half of them free) in a 80k stadium and we can only break even at 15 000 fans at leichhardt? Are we mismanaging game days or is there really that much expense in putting on an event at Leichhardt? Because there’s plenty of overpriced beer cans on the hill to go with the $30 game day ticket. Do lower grade games at $5 a ticket with no one there also have the same monumental losses? I’d be interested in what the costs versus expenses are. Does anyone know what game day costs and earnings are? I’d love for some more clarity on why it’s so expensive hosting games at leichhardt and campbelltown. They’re certainly not busting the bank on a high quality big screen.

• @Telltails said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

It will be interesting to see how possessive the Parramatta fans are of Bankwest on Sunday. The whole Benji 300 and the “Our Jungle” promo may cause a level of fan angst. Not sure planning our home game against the Eels there this year was wise and the timing of Benji’s 300 th only adds fuel to the fire.

Stuff Parra… Why worry about them be more concerned with us and our team, our ground, our player and our day

• @cktiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Unfortunately the MacArthur area just hasn’t taken to the Tigers. I can’t see how playing out of a better stadium there, in tandem with a soccer team (if it ever eventuates), will make more people turn up.
    The honest truth is it’s a bloody long way for most supporters and not enough locals go and pay to support the team at the ground. The area is a manufactured “home”… the traditional one being Lidcombe.
    There is no major corporate support and even the Leagues Club dumped us.
    If the team relocated permanently to Campbelltown it would sound our death knell.
    By all means support the juniors in the area, along with those in the Balmain catchment, but we will have to play in Sydney proper to survive.
    I grew up dragging myself to Leichhardt Oval for every game. Unless a miracle happened (and it won’t) and the place was afforded a massive facelift then we need to be realistic and play out of one of the updated stadiums - and not BankWest.
    One traditional game each at Campbelltown and Leichhardt, and none in the country unless we have to.

I’m OK with playing one in the sticks if the remuneration is worth it. Pretty sure I read Penrith get $100K to play 2 hours down the road in Bathurst. We’re getting a fifth of that to play 5 hours away. Turf it unless we get paid what is on par with other clubs.

• @watersider Many years ago WTs received $150,000 per game at ANZ. This figure was provided by an official from Balmain. The WTs has a responsibility to support rl in the country. A game at West Tamworth is good.

• @innsaneink

• @innsaneink - stuff Parramatta has always been the mantra. The home ground advantage as we know it for players and fans, takes on a whole new meaning no matter how much we pretend.

• If nothing else there is genuine passion for 1 home ground amongst our supporters and it’s gathering plenty of momentum. Hopefully the Admin of this club does something about it.

I still find it a strange decision to play our home game against the Eels at their home ground. Yeah, yeah i know, it’s “our jungle”. When the “Sydney” Tigers decided to play their home games out of the old Parramatta Stadium it was a disaster and never felt like home. I don’t see this any different. We will obviously get a good gate against the Eels ( weather permitting) but giving up a true home ground advantage to an opposition whose own Leagues club sits directly outside the ground i’m not so sure about.

There are no guarantees obviously, but i often wonder whether 2 points we might jag here or there by playing at our own proper home grounds could be the difference between making/ not making finals. So what financial impact does not making finals have on the club and would making the finals offset financially the money lost by not playing at Bankwest by attracting more sponsorship etc?

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@watersider Many years ago WTs received $150,000 per game at ANZ. This figure was provided by an official from Balmain. The WTs has a responsibility to support rl in the country. A game at West Tamworth is good.

Why is it our responsibility?

• @gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@watersider Many years ago WTs received $150,000 per game at ANZ. This figure was provided by an official from Balmain. The WTs has a responsibility to support rl in the country. A game at West Tamworth is good.

Why is it our responsibility?

Paws the regional areas sadly have been neglected solely by the NRL for decades it has nothing at all to do with the individual clubs…Though I think it’s a fantastic idea to take games into the regional areas by the Tigers and other clubs, I do really hope it becomes an indefinite fixture to their playing program for many years to come…The Nrl has shot itself in the foot by walking away from growing and supporting league in the bush, what use to be strong holds for league and union have turned toward soccer and who would of thought AFL…AFL have pumped a lot of money into these areas that were predominantly league and union and have broken through and there’s nobody to blame for that but the NRL.

• We’ve been taking home games to Telstra/ANZ & Allianz for 15 years and people carrying on like its new… (giving up home advantage) etc

Weak

• @Tigerlily well written The NRL needs to provide significant Funding to country areas. My comment about our club taking a game to Tamworth is more to do with the many fine footballers our clubs have signed over the years. Time to give something back. If you think of it, young Jock Madden is just the latest of a long line of talent from the country.

• We used to be two clubs with two grounds, that was 20 years ago… Surely we are now one club that deserves…

… One ground?

Stop farting around WTs… Make the hard call!

• @innsaneink said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

We used to be two clubs with two grounds, that was 20 years ago… Surely we are now one club that deserves…

… One ground?

Stop farting around WTs… Make the hard call!

Yes I agree, I’d prefer Bankwest, but just make a decision and I will accept it!

Recent Topics