Home Ground situation needs to change

• @mike said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@mike Or play at a stadium that is an appropriate size?

Stadium Australia is the appropriate size for the Wests Tigers. If you go for a small stadium then that’s the maximum you’ll ever have. I believe we need the largest stadium possible. We need to grow the crowds.

Maybe we can make that argument when we average more than 20% of what the ground holds!

• How many people care about the game day experience, facilities etc.

I only go to watch the game don’t care about facilities.

As long as we win I’m happy.

• G’day @helmesy : An absolutely brilliant, thinking man’s post. You have put forward some positive suggestions re Our Wests Tigers moving forward and securing Our future. Well bloody done Mate, from an ancient ‘dinosaur’ ex-pupil of Ashfield Boys High when it was commonly called Ashie Tech to a much younger ex-pupil of the said school. I’m so old I was at the school at the same time as Bruce Beer and John Armstrong. Cheers Mate ☝ ☺

• @kafta said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

How many people care about the game day experience, facilities etc.

I can see where your coming from kafta,I go to Campbo when I can because I live in the Southern Highlands,its about 50 min drive to CSS …I like that the facilities to get food and beers is great and the Wests Leagues next door is a bonus for dinner later…Its always a good day out…

• G’day @cochise : re your “a bit of animosity between teams and fans is a good thing” C’mon mate, no it’s not. A bit of friendly banter between fans IS a good thing. With animosity☹ , you end up like the idiot fans☠ in English Soccer. Aint there enough animosity in the world already ☺

• @MAGPIES1963 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

G’day @cochise : re your “a bit of animosity between teams and fans is a good thing” C’mon mate, no it’s not. A bit of friendly banter between fans IS a good thing. With animosity☹ , you end up like the idiot fans☠ in English Soccer. Aint there enough animosity in the world already ☺

I am not talking about violence mate! but fans wanting to see certain teams do poorly and having a good natured dislike for the opposition is what this game was built on. Long may it continue!

• @cochise We keep losing the players who attract crowds due to their excitement factor. JAC, Koro, Papenhuyzen all gone and the media suggesting Parker. Is our new recruitment team visiting retirement developments and over 55 villas to unearth two speedy wing demons to sit outside Parker and Masters.

Many do and they are voting with their feet. Agree though that the winning feeling covers up a multitude of faults.

• @MAGPIES1963 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

G’day @cochise : re your “a bit of animosity between teams and fans is a good thing” C’mon mate, no it’s not. A bit of friendly banter between fans IS a good thing. With animosity☹ , you end up like the idiot fans☠ in English Soccer. Aint there enough animosity in the world already ☺

I want our home ground to be a fortress that opposition players think " Oh poo …Tigers at home " …if it takes our fans with a EPL mentality to get the job done so be it

It’s more like corporate facilities. We need that money.

• @pawsandclaws1 Watched a Sydney FC game at Wollongong a few years back. Was a fantastic experience there.

• Why are we talking about BankWest like we pack it out and deriding ANZ for poor attendances in the same breath? All games we’ve played at BW have been poorly attended and it’s patently obvious on television as well.

If ANZ meant cheaper tickets, more money to the club to play there and no one being shut out I’d be all for it.

Imagine if we actually found some consistency and won two thirds of our games over a season, we’d regularly get good crowds, especially against other larger Sydney clubs and if they too are doing well.

• @Cultured_Bogan said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Why are we talking about BankWest like we pack it out and deriding ANZ for poor attendances in the same breath? All games we’ve played at BW have been poorly attended and it’s patently obvious on television as well.

No one has mentioned crowds apart from saying that ANZ is too big.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

more money to the club to play there and no one being shut out I’d be all for it.

I doubt ANZ would mean more money to the club as the grounds are operated by the same mob and I would guess they would prefer us to play at BW.

• @cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Why are we talking about BankWest like we pack it out and deriding ANZ for poor attendances in the same breath? All games we’ve played at BW have been poorly attended and it’s patently obvious on television as well.

No one has mentioned crowds apart from saying that ANZ is too big.

more money to the club to play there and no one being shut out I’d be all for it.

I doubt ANZ would mean more money to the club as the grounds are operated by the same mob and I would guess they would prefer us to play at BW.

No one here, from what I can tell and I certainly don’t, has any knowledge of what the actual arrangements are. These will go a long way in determining which is the most profitable as a home ground. It could be a no brainer.

• @mike said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

No one here, from what I can tell and I certainly don’t, has any knowledge of what the actual arrangements are. These will go a long way in determining which is the most profitable as a home ground. It could be a no brainer.

Why would they be different when the same people run both grounds? especially as Venues live would prefer us to play at BW

Recent Topics