Home Ground situation needs to change

• We need one main home ground where we play at least 9 or 10 home games per season. 1 game can be devoted to Tamworth, another to magic round, and one to whatever else the club sees fit.

In my opinion, I’d like to see WT devote themselves to Campbelltown. 9 games CT, 1 LO, 1 Tamworth, 1 Magic Round.

However, moving out there permanently would make it even more difficult to recruit. And we would anger a lot of fans. It’s an incredibly difficult situation, but the current one just isn’t working. There’s absolutely no cohesion to the game day experience.

• Screenshot-2018-12-09-09-17-19.png

• @kafta when is that article from?

• Can we just eliminate Cambo based on the finances, please? It doesn’t make sense as a viable option for at least the short-medium term, particularly for a club that isn’t a financial powerhouse.

I understand we’re just discussing here, but I’m not sure the point if we’re not realistic. The corporate facilities and funding aren’t there and the crowds aren’t there. Same with Leichhardt.

We also seem to forget that the grounds we’re talking about are managed by inept local councils, rather than a professional management company like VenuesLive. I’ve seen how these guys respond in media - I wouldn’t open us up to that risk.

… and people always talk about the growth in the area, but I can’t see any obvious correlation of that to increases in crowds, nor would it get around the financials.

The only realistic options are ANZ and WSS.

• @kafta said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Screenshot-2018-12-09-09-17-19.png

I think that almost settles it if they decide to go in that direction. ANZ it is.

• @hammertime This just shows how much angst about the future that so many supporters feel … unfortunately a lot of us know what is going on . WWS is a shared Stadium the Eels have there stands marked then removed for who ever plays next … it is ironic that the prominent colour of the ground is orange BankWest corporate colour go figure !

• @Snake said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Harvey And you know why ! because the realisation has hit home that there is a state of the art facility that threatens what for so long has been the norm . There has been absolutely no valid argument why the club should not think seriously about WSS.
    I do not love the ground in any way , having been there three times only fools think that this arena has not got something to offer covering all aspects for all stake holders .
    Believe me ANZ is my preference for travelling but I hate the place because of the non existent atmosphere with club games … WSS stadium is here and many do not like the reality of it !

Does “state of the art” equate to the last stadium built?

I have only been to one game there, and avoided the leagues club, parking or anything else that put my cash into eels hands.

Can you spell out in simple terms what is so great about the stadium? The angle of the grandstand is brilliant in terms of being close to the action and having a view, but having one side of the field off limits to fans is poor architecture.

Rather than state of the art, my view is that the stadium appears to be slapped together in the shortest timeframe available, based on besa blocks and pre fab concrete, by the same building firms that are responsible for cheap and nasty apartment blocks that currently require millions of dollars worth of remedial work.

• Wouldn’t put it past old Toddy&co.

• How are other teams able to sustainably play at their small home grounds, eg Penrith, Manly, St George, Cronulla, Nth Qld and Canberra? The attendances for those teams range between 5000 - 13000.

• @rah53 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

How are other teams able to sustainably play at their small home grounds, eg Penrith, Manly, St George, Cronulla, Nth Qld and Canberra? The attendances for those teams range between 5000 - 13000.

You’ve named all the paupers of Sydney bar penriff. Shouldn’t we be aspiring to be the best of the league not just comparing us to the crap? I don’t think any of them are sustainable and every single one of them have asked for upgrades.

• Love the idea of Bankwest but i think id love Gosford even more

• @The_Patriot said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Love the idea of Bankwest but i think id love Gosford even more

That is an interesting idea!

• G’day @TieDye: mate, thanks for the compliment to @cochise and myself.
    I have really enjoyed putting my two bobs worth in, in the short time I have been on this forum ie after @cochise straightened me out [in a nice way though☺ ]. So thanks to you as well @cochise ☺

• ForumSupporter

How about Optus Stadium

• G’day @The_Patriot: WOW!!! what an interesting concept. You can really open up the debate with this one, or did you forget to add a hahaha at the end, cheers ☺

Recent Topics