Home Ground situation needs to change

If the NRL can’t see that double headers at our bigger grounds aren’t the answer to filling empty stadiums they never will

@Geo We need to make it popular as it is the best way forward!

@mike It is a terrible stadium and the upgrade will do little to fix it, plus there is nothing around the the whole Olympic site. I’d be happy to never go there ever again apart from finals and SOO.

Should put a poll with the OP. With the options.

@WT2K said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Should put a poll with the OP. With the options.

Sorry, don’t know how to make a poll, can’t see the option.

Why do people think Leichhardt is no longer able to be a venue for NRL games? Capacity is no problem, atmosphere is good, pitch is better than many. I don’t see anything between it and Penrith, Manly, Cronulla, Jubilee.

Someone mentioned I said we should play games at Campbelltown but, as a Balmain fan, I didn’t like going there and that seem contradictory. My only point was that while I find it inconvenient to go there, and I don’t like it as much as leichhardt, I think it’s important to our club which represents that area to play matches there. And at least when we win it has atmosphere.

I hate the idea of playing at ANZ, I didn’t even think about it as an option. I would stop going to games if we played all our games there. There is no point going to club games at ANZ it has absolutely no atmosphere and it is better just to watch it on television.

The argument that rugby league is now all just about television is silly. The game depends on the match day environment. No excitement at the ground impacts the excitement of the match on television. I think rugby league won’t last if it doesn’t improve the atmosphere at matches.

Bankwest will.always be Parra home ground

@Spartan117 Only if you treat it that way!

I think we should be playing our home games at Campbelltown and Leichhardt and one at Tamworth. We also, it is important that we should be playing the Canterbury cup and Jersey Flegg games on the same day and at the same ground as the Firsts, as much as we can. If Cronulla, Manly, Penrith, and St George can hold the traditional home grounds and have done well, no reason why we should not be allowed. We have a greater following than these other Sydney clubs as well. We also need Governments and the NRL to get behind and put more investment into the local grounds , they need to strengthen the support of Rugby league in its heartland, not just everywhere else.

@Tigers_Tale said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

We also need Governments and the NRL to get behind and put more investment into the local grounds , they need to strengthen the support of Rugby league in its heartland, not just everywhere else.

That won’t happen!

@cochise , Well if they don’t make it happen , there losing alot of fans and dollars. Sydney has grown in population, however Rugby League here is nowhere near as popular as it was. Look at the juniors in Sydney , there are more kids here than ever before , however less rugby league teams. This is because they have been basically left out, forgotton, Sydney is the heartland of Rugby League , it could be so much stronger, and they need to make it happen

@Tigers_Tale The government has said they will only be funding stadiums they own?

@cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@mike It is a terrible stadium and the upgrade will do little to fix it, plus there is nothing around the the whole Olympic site. I’d be happy to never go there ever again apart from finals and SOO.

You are entitled to your opinion of course. I’ll wait until the revamp is completed. I’d go there now for every game if I could, the revamp will only make it even better. What are you talking about, there are a number of restaurants and coffee shops within the precinct just a short walk from the Stadium itself. Also DFO is about a 15 minute walk from the station. There is heaps near by.

last edited by mike

@Spartan117 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Bankwest will.always be Parra home ground

I have to agree with Spartan here.

Reverse the scenario - we build a brand new, world class facility at Leichhardt and call it WankBest. Would Parramatta ever consider that their true home ground*?

*other than the name being an accurate reflection of how I feel about the Eels

Lets see. It’s in the heart of Parramatta, across the road from Parra leagues, on the site of their old home ground that they played out of for 30 odd years. How can you treat it any other way?

last edited by GNR4LIFE