Home Ground situation needs to change

@Snake Very good post, the food and bar options around Bankwest are far better than any other stadium in Sydney! Ultimately it is the only logical choice!

@Snake said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Tiger_Steve BankWest stadium feels wrong because you want it to be … after attending 3 games there so far IMO it represents nothing of Parramatta but the area that it is in ! in actual fact the Parramatta CBD offers the ultimate choices of a full game day experience with easy access to the Stadium … Leichhardt / Campbelltown or ANZ do not come close to offering that . I just do not see why anybody would want to go back to ANZ after the remodelling it will still be an empty 80k stadium with 15k max club round games . I do understand and agree with One game at Leichhardt oval as it is more an event day than anything else … Campbelltown forget it was tried and failed .
Everybody knows my view on this … the club needs to bite the bullet and decide whether they want to be one of the major players in the Sydney basin or be a bit player with 5 home grounds !

I agree we need the one stadium and at this stage bankwest appears to be the best option. I’ll reserve judgement on the revamped ANZ until its finished. I agree on one game at LO but also one game at CSS is a must. Dump tamworth - who gives a rats about playing at tamworth. If you are going to play in the country why tamworth - i live at port macquarie - there are heaps of tigers supporters in this area - why not here. Why not bathurst or gladstone. Dump the country game.

@cochise It is just common sense, you have to offer your supporters a game day experience as the NRL have taken that experience away at ground with only playing one game (criminal). In Sydney as we know you have to give time to travel so why not go to a pub / club / restaurant and enjoy the day prior to a short walk and soon to be light rail right to the door of the stadium . The club needs to generate patronage at games it has to explore areas to attract this, IMO BankWest ticks all the boxes but that’s me.

Hi @cochise ☺ : I have a slight recollection of Cochise being an Indian Chief, is that correct?
Thanks for your information re Wests Campbelltown.
The only reason I can think of for them withdrawing from the merger was they wanted the ‘Tigers’ to be centered in Campbelltown rather than being a team of nomads. But I guess Wests Ashfield being the major partner wouldn’t allow that.
It seems like a really big problem, one that is going to take some people that are certainly a lot smarter than me. Have a great day Cochise ☺

St George as a merged club plays out of two suburban home grounds and Alliance and the SCG. There situation is very similar to ours. Survival in Sydney is about success on the field and identity.
Make Bankwest our home ground confuse our identity further and make us targets to be the team most likely to be expendable.

Why do other clubs like Manly, Sharks and Dragons all manage playing on their traditional home grounds, yet we are told we can’t afford to do this. Bankwest is not a home ground. The past 3 games there have been owned by the opposition supporters. On Friday night the Tigers members seating area was filled with Roosters fans. This week will be even worse. We have six home games a year now. The 3 at Leichhardt and Campbelltown. The rest can all be considered away games.

Unfortunately L/O has had it’s day the ground is no longer up to standard and that’s coming from a Balmain boy

@NJLM78 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Why do other clubs like Manly, Sharks and Dragons all manage playing on their traditional home grounds, yet we are told we can’t afford to do this. Bankwest is not a home ground. The past 3 games there have been owned by the opposition supporters. On Friday night the Tigers members seating area was filled with Roosters fans. This week will be even worse. We have six home games a year now. The 3 at Leichhardt and Campbelltown. The rest can all be considered away games.

Do you see those clubs as the benchmark NRL clubs?

@MAGPIES1963 cochise was an Indian chief and warrior.

At the time Campbelltown wasn’t happy.that Ashfield voted with Balmain on a number of issues so withdrew. Its hard to say that Ashfield should fund a team that would be based in Campbelltown. I think we should throw our resources at making Bankwest our homeground. Over cheap tickets to get people coming to the ground.

@gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

I see them as Sydney clubs who play on home grounds that actually look and feel like home grounds. And all three of them have won the competition in the past 10 years and made regular semi final appearances.

probably not - but of the benchmarks only melbourne has a stable home ground. I would hardly call the SCG an NRL standard ground. As we are a sydney team you can really only compare us to other sydney teams. parra are the big winners in being gifted a taxpayer funded stadium. the rest of the sydney clubs play out suburban grounds or AFL monstrosities.

@cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@MAGPIES1963 cochise was an Indian chief and warrior.

At the time Campbelltown wasn’t happy.that Ashfield voted with Balmain on a number of issues so withdrew. Its hard to say that Ashfield should fund a team that would be based in Campbelltown. I think we should throw our resources at making Bankwest our homeground. Over cheap tickets to get people coming to the ground.

Whats the difference of funding a team to play at parramatta.

@diedpretty said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

probably not - but of the benchmarks only melbourne has a stable home ground. I would hardly call the SCG an NRL standard ground. As we are a sydney team you can really only compare us to other sydney teams. parra are the big winners in being gifted a taxpayer funded stadium. the rest of the sydney clubs play out suburban grounds or AFL monstrosities.

In a few years there will be 3 modern rectangular stadiums available. I’ll bet you now that when sydney clubs relocate or die it will be a club playing out of the suburban grounds.

In a few years there will be 3 modern rectangular stadiums available. I’ll bet you now that when sydney clubs relocate or die it will be a club playing out of the suburban grounds.

Or playing at 4 home grounds a year - of course if they moved a sydney club they would be from a suburban ground. realistically the only candidates are us, manly, saints and cronulla. the other have too much power and say on what happens.

Or playing at 4 home grounds a year - of course if they moved a sydney club they would be from a suburban ground. realistically the only candidates are us, manly, saints and cronulla. the other have too much power and say on what happens.

Is Penrith not a suburban ground?

Plans afoot to redevelop Campbelltown into an 18,000 all seater as part of the successful A-league bid. https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/south-west-sydney-bid-s-dream-arena-unveiled