Home Ground situation needs to change

@cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Snake said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

We sat in that garbage grand stand at Campbelltown for as long as I can remember. It is the most unsatisfying /cramped grand stand I have ever sat in. We no longer go anywhere near the place never again .You all can have it ! Our lounge room grandstand surpasses it 100% .

I don’t mind Campbelltown as long as we have seat on the end of a row!

And, that’s a real issue. The seating in that main grandstand (i.e for paying Members) is a joke!! There is no legroom at all. I feel embarrassed to have to push past people, most of whom opt to stand up to give me (and others) the basic entitlement of going to the canteen/bar/toilet during the game. It’s disgraceful.

I took a friend from South America to his first ever NRL game at ANZ Stadium for the game v Bulldogs. He loved the whole experience (despite the result). I have an option to take him with me to CSS on Saturday for the Knights game and I won’t do it!!

@cochise @Snake
I’m really uncomfortable in regards to the ‘Home Ground’ advantage at BankWest and the Parra floggings we received this year just solidified that. It’s unfortunate that it hasn’t worked out for us on the field but off the field it really is a great place!
In regards to on field, I feel in 2020 we may have more luck.
With the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs also calling it home for a Lyons share of their games I feel the
the Parra fortress stigma may have died down a bit with the increased teams all competing at the one ground.
Most likely will end up being as neutral as ANZ in a matter of years.

@Needaname said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@cochise @Snake
I’m really uncomfortable in regards to the ‘Home Ground’ advantage at BankWest and the Parra floggings we received this year just solidified that. It’s unfortunate that it hasn’t worked out for us on the field but off the field it really is a great place!
In regards to on field, I feel in 2020 we may have more luck.
With the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs also calling it home for a Lyons share of their games I feel the
the Parra fortress stigma may have died down a bit with the increased teams all competing at the one ground.
Most likely will end up being as neutral as ANZ in a matter of years.

Really good post and I think you may be righr mate!

I’m sure Parra would love us to leave

@diedpretty Your tax dollars bought you a 300 million dollar stadium for you to enjoy comfortably and in the heart of the city and the buses and trains to get you there easily . So your tax dollars have given you plenty of return .

last edited by Snake

@NT_Tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Telltails Infighting within the fans is part of the reason stasis exists within management. Lowest common denominator management attempts to appease everybody but ultimately fails to achieve longer term goals and provide stability. There comes a point in time where the people that are, at this moment, being paid to make decisions on behalf of the club need to bite the bullet and do what they are being paid for. Cultured Bogan has flown the flag and boiled down the options. All they need to do is pick a park and stick with it!

Evidence of infighting is on this forum topic NT, but is it reflective of the wider WTs community? Isn’t memberships at 20,000 a better indication that fans are responding to the options currently available?
So what should management be considering when making decisions, - this forum topic that represents a few strong opinions, or the current 20,000 memberships?

@Telltails said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@NT_Tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Telltails Infighting within the fans is part of the reason stasis exists within management. Lowest common denominator management attempts to appease everybody but ultimately fails to achieve longer term goals and provide stability. There comes a point in time where the people that are, at this moment, being paid to make decisions on behalf of the club need to bite the bullet and do what they are being paid for. Cultured Bogan has flown the flag and boiled down the options. All they need to do is pick a park and stick with it!

Evidence of infighting is on this forum topic NT, but is it reflective of the wider WTs community? Isn’t memberships at 20,000 a better indication that fans are responding to the options currently available?
So what should management be considering when making decisions, - this forum topic that represents a few strong opinions, or the current 20,000 memberships?

Neither, make the decision on financial viability.

For those interested
ANZ2023.jpg

I don’t really believe that fixes the problems!

For those interested
ANZ2023.jpg

The ends coming in 18m is a huge improvement.

@gallagher If that was the case between 2 only BWS or ANZ …

@gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

For those interested
ANZ2023.jpg

It is, but the stands along the sides are still too far away!

For those interested
ANZ2023.jpg

5 m closer and a steeper gradient, I don’t think the side view is too bad atm.

For those interested
ANZ2023.jpg

5 m closer and a steeper gradient, I don’t think the side view is too bad atm.

On second viewing it is better than I first thought as all levels up to 4 seem to be moving closer. I would like to know the gradient of the lower bowl though!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.