Home Ground situation needs to change

@Telltails
Yes, I understand that. However even with this small, unrepresentative sample set there is evidence that the club needs to establish itself in a stable situation. Simply the fact that the club is vacillating around about where it wants to be based demonstrates to the NRL that it still lacks stability.
There is nothing stopping the club from running a home ground poll with all WT members, similar to the one on this forum and making a decision based on that result. That may result in some fallout in memberships in the short term but in the longer term, I believe, would benefit the club.

Foran sounded very keen for the Dogs home games at BW next year. I think the Dogs playing games there will improve the perception of the ground as belonging to Parra!

@cochise To me it is and always will be Parra stadium,the dogs can fool themselves into thinking it is their homeground but i wont

@jadtiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@cochise To me it is and always will be Parra stadium,the dogs can fool themselves into thinking it is their homeground but i wont

I really believe that the perception it is Parra’s homeground has come because not enough games involving other teams have been played there. At this point I think it is only 4, that changes next year and I am hoping that you then find yourself in the minority that think that way!

@cochise I agree, the other teams should have been involved from day one.

@helmesy said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@cochise I agree, the other teams should have been involved from day one.

We’r should have been fulltime from the start. It won’t feel like home with one 4 games a year.

@matchball said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

alt text

What’s the story here @matchball - can’t read the story or is it a gee up.

@Russell said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

alt text

From 1987 Russel. I assume it is the original plan when they developed Concord.

@gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

alt text

Mate…got all excited for nothing. bad luck it didn’t eventuate, would have been handy now.

@gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

alt text

Yes it’s from 1987. They never got to build this as funding ended up being pulled.
It’s a shame it didn’t happen because we could walk right into it. Rugby Unions demise would have been our gain.

The ANZ refurb is starting to sound better than I expected, the seats at the back of level 4 will be 14 mtrs closer to the field.

ANZ.jpg

@Snake
I go to most grounds and find Campbelltown to be one of the better ones. I don’t know what you mean by cramped seats, I’m on the bigger side and am quite comfortable sitting them. As far as seating goes I would have thought most grounds are the same.

@jctiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Snake
I go to most grounds and find Campbelltown to be one of the better ones. I don’t know what you mean by cramped seats, I’m on the bigger side and am quite comfortable sitting them. As far as seating goes I would have thought most grounds are the same.

Western grandstand? The eastern is fine.

With the talk of the value of a leagues club in vicinity to a home ground, could the Flemington premiers be better utilized with the leagues club’s amalgamating? Would it be worth putting the money into it rather than Rozelle?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.