Home Ground situation needs to change

• @gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

For those interested
    ANZ2023.jpg

The ends coming in 18m is a huge improvement.

Especially for those that prefer to watch from an end corner.

• In one of my earliest posts, I suggested Wests Tigers home ground could be a revamped Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
    I recently read an article which appeared in the South Wests Voice which carries news and views from the Macarthur region, which of course covers Campbelltown.
    The article was actually dated 27th Aug, but I have held off until now to see if anyone else was able to bring the news item up.

Basically, it goes on to say “Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire says he’s a big believer in the need for the club to have a bigger presence in Campbelltown and Macarthur”.

then… “Maguire said the club hierarchy was constantly talking about ways to increase that presence out here”.

then… “there’s so much rugby league out this way that we have got to have a greater presence to be able to build or create long term success”.

then…" understanding the club now and the place where we sit, we need to have more of a presence- a lot more presence I should say-out in this space" .

Maguire was asked whether the Wests Tigers would be prepared to play more games in C’town if a deal similar to that offered to Macarthur FC Bulls could be negotiated.
    That includes free use of the stadium, an annual council grant of almost $500K towards a football academy and being the major tennant when the Macarthur Sport and Science Centre of Excellence is built on the C’town campus of Western Sydney Uni.

then…“I talk to Justin Pascoe and Barry O’Farrell about that all the time”.

then…“Everyone loves a winning environment so what we want is when we come to play here in C’town it’s our fortress and which helps us to be successful”.

A comment was then made re Madge being knowledgeable about Macarthur and how it’s a BOOMING region.

My thoughts…as there are to many clubs in a heavily congester part of inner Sydney, Wests Tigers need to become the Wests Tigers of Western Sydney, not Sydney city Wests Tigers. We need to move away from our familiar tribal areas of Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies to become truly united in ‘Western’ Sydney as ‘Wests’ Tigers.
    If we are completely honest with ourselves, Leichhardt Oval is well and truly past its use by date and needs to many $$$ spent on it, and our supporters will never accept Parras home ground or Homebush, therefore will never be the fortress we need.
    Campbelltown will be our fortress in the near future, as there is simply no better alternative.

• @MAGPIES1963 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

In one of my earliest posts, I suggested Wests Tigers home ground could be a revamped Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
    I recently read an article which appeared in the South Wests Voice which carries news and views from the Macarthur region, which of course covers Campbelltown.
    The article was actually dated 27th Aug, but I have held off until now to see if anyone else was able to bring the news item up.

Basically, it goes on to say “Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire says he’s a big believer in the need for the club to have a bigger presence in Campbelltown and Macarthur”.

then… “Maguire said the club hierarchy was constantly talking about ways to increase that presence out here”.

then… “there’s so much rugby league out this way that we have got to have a greater presence to be able to build or create long term success”.

then…" understanding the club now and the place where we sit, we need to have more of a presence- a lot more presence I should say-out in this space" .

Maguire was asked whether the Wests Tigers would be prepared to play more games in C’town if a deal similar to that offered to Macarthur FC Bulls could be negotiated.
    That includes free use of the stadium, an annual council grant of almost $500K towards a football academy and being the major tennant when the Macarthur Sport and Science Centre of Excellence is built on the C’town campus of Western Sydney Uni.

then…“Everyone loves a winning environment so what we want is when we come to play here in C’town it’s our fortress and which helps us to be successful”.

A comment was then made re Madge being knowledgeable about Macarthur and how it’s a BOOMING region.

My thoughts…as there are to many clubs in a heavily congester part of inner Sydney, Wests Tigers need to become the Wests Tigers of Western Sydney, not Sydney city Wests Tigers. We need to move away from our familiar tribal areas of Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies to become truly united in ‘Western’ Sydney as ‘Wests’ Tigers.
    If we are completely honest with ourselves, Leichhardt Oval is well and truly past its use by date and needs to many $$$ spent on it, and our supporters will never accept Parras home ground or Homebush, therefore will never be the fortress we need.
    Campbelltown will be our fortress in the near future, as there is simply no better alternative.

Except that Campbelltown stadium needs a lot of money spent on it too and I don’t know where that money is going to come from. Maybe the new soccer team can help out!

• Are they building a stadium at Carnes Hill yet?

• G’day @cochise: nice to hear from you as we haven’t spoken in a while.
    Wonderful things happen all the time if we keep an open mind.
    Mate…the BIg Kahuna works in many mysterious ways. See Yuh 😄

G’day @cochise: nice to hear from you as we haven’t spoken in a while.

I have an open mind, I attend every game at CSS and it needs a lot of work to be up to standard!

• Gosford.

Going to keep on saying it. Just need to work out how it works for Wests

• @The_Patriot said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Gosford.

I’d rather it’s die at home than in a nursing home.

Gosford.

Works for me 10 minute drive time to see Magpies-Tigers-Mariners play.
    But seriously guys we are just having a +$40M state of art training facility at Concord being built … realistically ANZ with % appearance at Campbeltown is the only go for the immediate time anyway.

• Won’t work for me - neither does CSS.

That leaves me with LO and ANZ.

• This may have been answered before, but why have we never looked into playing at Concord? Seems like a good ground when you drive past…

In one of my earliest posts, I suggested Wests Tigers home ground could be a revamped Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Good post- to me a revamped Campbelltown Stadium would be ideal -, it’s already there and it’s in the heart of outer Western Sydney. The new purported COE is only a training facility it seems which is a shame, so we still need a home ground.

• What would gosford bring? We don’t have a problem with the supporter base or junior base. Corporate support is what we lack, would that improve by moving away from Sydney? I doubt it.

Gosford.

Personally I wouldn’t like that!

• @cochise said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@MAGPIES1963 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

G’day @cochise: nice to hear from you as we haven’t spoken in a while.

I have an open mind, I attend every game at CSS and it needs a lot of work to be up to standard!

I think the sooner we sit down with the new A league franchise,Wests Campbelltown ,Campbelltown Council
    & Wests Ashfield to see what we can do for each other to acheive a common goal the better.
    I have lived in the South West for over 30 years and in the last five years the area has absolutely exploded and with the new airport at Badgerys Creek which is under way the area will continue to rocket along.
    With the number of new houses being built which = a numer of young cuples which= a number of new juniors the area will be crying out for a team to follow we can still use LO ,TAMWORTH with more games allocated to CSS.

Recent Topics