Home Ground situation needs to change

• G’day @cochise : ‘please explain’ what you mean by ‘a few people I respect seemed to know you’. Oh, by the way, ‘your’ posts come across as aggressive and narrow-minded. I also feel a ‘good’ Indian chief would contemplate the future and then use his influence in a positive way to want to do the best for ‘all’ his tribe. If you look at the 1st 9 or so pages of this current subject you will no doubt notice a lot of posts that don’t agree with your ideas. For you to react to my thoughts in such a way shows I have hit your funny bone, without you actually being funny ☺

• Ok, fair enough @cochise. I agree a move to Campbelltown is not realistic “at the moment”. But in the near future, it could be a real possibility and that is all I have been saying if you have read my previous posts. Ok.☺

• @MAGPIES1963 Yeah mate, my post was having a go at you, I am very glad you picked that up. I am ok with people not agreeing with my opinions, happens quite a bit on here as I do look at things differently to a lot of people. What I do not appreciate is you trying associate motivations to my post that are extremely inaccurate!

@MAGPIES1963 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

‘please explain’ what you mean by ‘a few people I respect seemed to know you’

When you 1st arrived on this site, you were welcomed by people I respect in a manner that made me think they knew you outside this site. Due to that I gave you the benefit of the doubt on a number of posts that were pushing the West v Balmain garbage we have had to put up with as a club, and also lacked respect towards other member of this community.

To then have you try to attribute my motives to be pushing a Balmain agenda is ironic and completely off the mark!

• @MAGPIES1963 For a long time I actually pushed for a fulltime move to Campbelltown as the future for this club, but I know believe that ship has well and truly sailed.

I do not see there being any more government funding for stadiums, especially stadiums that are council owned.

The club, now being Wests Ashfield controlled has anchored itself to the inner west through the funding arrangement for the COE, this will be happening and it will be built at Concord.

With the withdrawal of Wests Campbelltown from the club that pretty much took any chance of the club being based in Campbelltown away. Why would Wests Ashfield send their team permanently to Campbelltown to benefit a club that is a separate entity? It does not make any sense for them to do that.

For these reason I am basing my preference on information that is a actual possibility of coming to fruition and not some pipe dream of getting my old club back!

• Ok @cochise : have a good night and don’t forget I don’t have a Wests Magpies bias, but on the other hand I ‘do’ have a Wests Tigers bias ☺

• Well said @cochise.

• @MAGPIES1963 I hope that is true as this site was bogged down for a long time in Wests v Balmain garbage. That is why I went hard at you implying that was my motivation for my choice of homegrounds. I hate the Wests v Balmain stuff as I now only see the Wests Tigers!

• It will be interesting to see how possessive the Parramatta fans are of Bankwest on Sunday. The whole Benji 300 and the “Our Jungle” promo may cause a level of fan angst. Not sure planning our home game against the Eels there this year was wise and the timing of Benji’s 300 th only adds fuel to the fire.

• @Telltails said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

It will be interesting to see how possessive the Parramatta fans are of Bankwest on Sunday. The whole Benji 300 and the “Our Jungle” promo may cause a level of fan angst. Not sure planning our home game against the Eels there this year was wise and the timing of Benji’s 300 th only adds fuel to the fire.

It’s gonna be huge. I’m predicting 2/3 eels fans so tigers supporters need to really show up. Our attendance at BankWest has so far been pretty poor

• @Telltails said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

It will be interesting to see how possessive the Parramatta fans are of Bankwest on Sunday. The whole Benji 300 and the “Our Jungle” promo may cause a level of fan angst. Not sure planning our home game against the Eels there this year was wise and the timing of Benji’s 300 th only adds fuel to the fire.

I am actually looking forward to it for that reason lol. I don’t care for the eels and wish we could show them that they don’t own the stadium. I’ll be very happy if a few of them get upset by it!

• @cochise - if ever there is one game we need to show up for this year its got to be this one, and I think the Eels supporters will be thinking much the same. A big week of footy ahead.

• @Telltails The Parra v Wests rivalry should be much bigger than it is, maybe playing at Bankwest and claiming this stadium us our own can build this rivalry to where it should be in the world of Rugby League.

• Unfortunately the MacArthur area just hasn’t taken to the Tigers. I can’t see how playing out of a better stadium there, in tandem with a soccer team (if it ever eventuates), will make more people turn up.
    The honest truth is it’s a bloody long way for most supporters and not enough locals go and pay to support the team at the ground. The area is a manufactured “home”… the traditional one being Lidcombe.
    There is no major corporate support and even the Leagues Club dumped us.
    If the team relocated permanently to Campbelltown it would sound our death knell.
    By all means support the juniors in the area, along with those in the Balmain catchment, but we will have to play in Sydney proper to survive.
    I grew up dragging myself to Leichhardt Oval for every game. Unless a miracle happened (and it won’t) and the place was afforded a massive facelift then we need to be realistic and play out of one of the updated stadiums - and not BankWest.
    One traditional game each at Campbelltown and Leichhardt, and none in the country unless we have to.

• @cochise - expecting plenty of niggle on the field, and quite possibly in the stands on Sunday.

• @Telltails I hope so lol Rivalries are what get people coming to the game, a bit of animosity between teams and fans is a good thing!

Recent Topics