Home Ground situation needs to change

• @momo_amp_medo ANZ will still be too big after the redevelopment.

• @diedpretty It is 19 km to Bankwest compared to 44km to CSS. Seems like quite a difference to me?

• ForumSupporter

@gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@diedpretty said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@NJLM78 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Why do other clubs like Manly, Sharks and Dragons all manage playing on their traditional home grounds, yet we are told we can’t afford to do this. Bankwest is not a home ground. The past 3 games there have been owned by the opposition supporters. On Friday night the Tigers members seating area was filled with Roosters fans. This week will be even worse. We have six home games a year now. The 3 at Leichhardt and Campbelltown. The rest can all be considered away games.

Do you see those clubs as the benchmark NRL clubs?

probably not - but of the benchmarks only melbourne has a stable home ground. I would hardly call the SCG an NRL standard ground. As we are a sydney team you can really only compare us to other sydney teams. parra are the big winners in being gifted a taxpayer funded stadium. the rest of the sydney clubs play out suburban grounds or AFL monstrosities.

In a few years there will be 3 modern rectangular stadiums available. I’ll bet you now that when sydney clubs relocate or die it will be a club playing out of the suburban grounds.

Or playing at 4 home grounds a year - of course if they moved a sydney club they would be from a suburban ground. realistically the only candidates are us, manly, saints and cronulla. the other have too much power and say on what happens.

The others have money, they dont bleed money by playing at suburban grounds.

Dragons don’t they have had to get an advance from the NRL past 3 seasons to balance the books…just sayin…

We need 1 home ground I agree…Not sure Bankwest will last…I think the powers to be will move back to ANZ when it’s done…and we will see a reduction in home games at the traditional grounds…

• @Geo said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Why do other clubs like Manly, Sharks and Dragons all manage playing on their traditional home grounds, yet we are told we can’t afford to do this. Bankwest is not a home ground. The past 3 games there have been owned by the opposition supporters. On Friday night the Tigers members seating area was filled with Roosters fans. This week will be even worse. We have six home games a year now. The 3 at Leichhardt and Campbelltown. The rest can all be considered away games.

probably not - but of the benchmarks only melbourne has a stable home ground. I would hardly call the SCG an NRL standard ground. As we are a sydney team you can really only compare us to other sydney teams. parra are the big winners in being gifted a taxpayer funded stadium. the rest of the sydney clubs play out suburban grounds or AFL monstrosities.

In a few years there will be 3 modern rectangular stadiums available. I’ll bet you now that when sydney clubs relocate or die it will be a club playing out of the suburban grounds.

Or playing at 4 home grounds a year - of course if they moved a sydney club they would be from a suburban ground. realistically the only candidates are us, manly, saints and cronulla. the other have too much power and say on what happens.

Dragons don’t they have had to get an advance from the NRL past 3 seasons to balance the books…just sayin…

We need 1 home ground I agree…Not sure Bankwest will last…I think the powers to be will move back to ANZ when it’s done…and we will see a reduction in home games at the traditional grounds…

I think this is the most likely outcome.

Wasnt talking about saints, i meant the rich clubs, souths, dogs, parra, easts. Those smart enough not to play at suburban grounds. Those that will survive.

I think we’ll end up at homebush too. Ashfield, Concord and Homebush all relatively close to each other and all old magpie territory.

Traditional grounds should reduce to zero.

• ForumSupporter

@Geo said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Wasnt talking about saints, i meant the rich clubs, souths, dogs, parra, easts. Those smart enough not to play at suburban grounds. Those that will survive.

I think we’ll end up at homebush too. Ashfield, Concord and Homebush all relatively close to each other and all old magpie territory.

Oh I thought the original quote was how come Saints Manly and Sharks can play at their tradition grounds…my bad…

@Geo said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Oh I thought the original quote was how come Saints Manly and Sharks can play at their tradition grounds…my bad…

You thought I meant Manly have money? Your bad indeed…

• @kiwitiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@happy_tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Let’s just play 24 away games every season

Rebadge ourselves as the the Nomads

Maybe we could even finish John ribots vision. A game in Beijing another in Hong Kong…time for this club to think big. We could be the super duper rugby league team

Lol sell our souls to the highest bidder every week

• @happy_tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@kiwitiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Maybe we could even finish John ribots vision. A game in Beijing another in Hong Kong…time for this club to think big. We could be the super duper rugby league team

$20k for Tamworth hap. It doesn’t have to be the highest bidder.

• @gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Yeah that’s a charity effort on our part.

• @Cultured_Bogan said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Yeah that’s a charity effort on our part.

Probably a good description …charity

• @Geo so the powers to be will sign up to a stadium that most supporters hate and never stop complaining about no atmosphere in a 80 k arena . This is exactly the decision I would expect from the Board of this club …, do not get me wrong this is the best outcome for us , it is quick to get to and easy so 👍from me .Hopefully by then it will be one home ground , if the club survives that long !

• @happy_tiger Keep highlighting the genus’s that run our club … Real winners that lot just give it away !

• Ideally I would like to see Campbelltown redeveloped into a first class sporting stadium - rip down both existing grandstands, put in brand new ones with corporate facilities on both sides, either end of the ground could be left open for families or have an entire grandstand built around it - you could easily make it a 25000-30000 capacity stadium similar to Bankwest - then we’d have a fortress.

• ForumSupporter

@Snake said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Geo so the powers to be will sign up to a stadium that most supporters hate and never stop complaining about no atmosphere in a 80 k arena . This is exactly the decision I would expect from the Board of this club …, do not get me wrong this is the best outcome for us , it is quick to get to and easy so 👍from me .Hopefully by then it will be one home ground , if the club survives that long !

Depends on the cash I guess…

And from my observations both here and on other social media I’m not sure Bankwest is that popular among the fanbase either…

Recent Topics