Home Ground situation needs to change

• @willow said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Ideally I would like to see Campbelltown redeveloped into a first class sporting stadium - rip down both existing grandstands, put in brand new ones with corporate facilities on both sides, either end of the ground could be left open for families or have an entire grandstand built around it - you could easily make it a 25000-30000 capacity stadium similar to Bankwest - then we’d have a fortress.

A southern stand could be incorporated into the leagues club aswell. So much could be done

• @gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@willow said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Ideally I would like to see Campbelltown redeveloped into a first class sporting stadium - rip down both existing grandstands, put in brand new ones with corporate facilities on both sides, either end of the ground could be left open for families or have an entire grandstand built around it - you could easily make it a 25000-30000 capacity stadium similar to Bankwest - then we’d have a fortress.

A southern stand could be incorporated into the leagues club aswell. So much could be done

100%. At the end of the day you are physically limited with what you can do at Leichhardt, and the hill is what makes it special in the first place so it’s pretty well ruled out for being a sole home ground based on facilities. Campbelltown Stadium has space to grow though, neither grandstand is particularly large or accommodating and could easily be redeveloped into something awesome, with stands at either end completing the picture. You play the majority of home games out there and give Leichhardt 3-4 games per season for nostalgic value.

• @willow said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Should we start a ‘go-fund-me’ page?

• @Tiger_Steve said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Ha! As much as we, or some at least some of us would like it to happen…yeah, whatever Bankwest cost, we would need somewhere around the same figure obviously…And I dreamed a little dream…

• @Tiger_Steve said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

That’s probably the only way you’ll get the funds.

• @happy_tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@gallagher said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@happy_tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@kiwitiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

@happy_tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Let’s just play 24 away games every season

Rebadge ourselves as the the Nomads

Maybe we could even finish John ribots vision. A game in Beijing another in Hong Kong…time for this club to think big. We could be the super duper rugby league team

Lol sell our souls to the highest bidder every week

$20k for Tamworth hap. It doesn’t have to be the highest bidder.

Yeah that’s a charity effort on our part.

Probably a good description …charity

That’s what I was getting at. Penrith sell their game to Bathurst for heaps more. We give ours away to sell a few jerseys regionally.

• Once ANZ is re-done then we should move there full time. I don’t understand people who whinge about the stadium looking empty with 15,000 in it. Who cares? The atmosphere means absolutely nothing if your side is winning. I doubt any WT fan has walked out of ANZ after a win still upset that the place looked empty.

RL is fast becoming a TV sport anyway. Think about the old days when you went to the football. You got multiple games and great entertainment. Relays, skydivers, raffles where a fan got to kick for $1000 at half time etc… What do we get now? A 20 minute game of mini league watching kids where if they’re not yours you couldn’t give a crap about. Then they charge you a disgraceful amount for the privilege.

ANZ full time I say.

• And I don’t see why CSS couldn’t be developed to a 30-35K stadium to support Wests and MacArthur FC.

Make it one home. Have a token LO against Souths and play the rest in Campbelltown.

• @shane2801 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Once ANZ is re-done then we should move there full time. I don’t understand people who whinge about the stadium looking empty with 15,000 in it. Who cares? The atmosphere means absolutely nothing if your side is winning. I doubt any WT fan has walked out of ANZ after a win still upset that the place looked empty.

RL is fast becoming a TV sport anyway. Think about the old days when you went to the football. You got multiple games and great entertainment. Relays, skydivers, raffles where a fan got to kick for $1000 at half time etc… What do we get now? A 20 minute game of mini league watching kids where if they’re not yours you couldn’t give a crap about. Then they charge you a disgraceful amount for the privilege.

ANZ full time I say.

Get paid handsomely to play there too. $1.2m in the kitty every year if we moved there full time.

• @shane2801 said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Once ANZ is re-done then we should move there full time. I don’t understand people who whinge about the stadium looking empty with 15,000 in it. Who cares? The atmosphere means absolutely nothing if your side is winning. I doubt any WT fan has walked out of ANZ after a win still upset that the place looked empty.

ANZ full time I say.

The lack of atmosphere at Stadium Australia argument is a myth. I’ve heard a dozen fanatics sitting behind the goal posts making it sound like there was 50,000 there and I was sitting a long way away from them. It’s the atmosphere you make with enthusiasm, not the size of the stadium, that counts.

• @Cultured_Bogan That’s what it’s about mate. Leichhardt or Campbelltown are hardly fortresses anyway.

Campbelltown struggles for crowds because 1. Alot of games are scheduled against out of town clubs, 2. Ticket prices too expensive out there. 3. We are usually playing like busteds,

Leichhardt only gets big crowds because 1. Most games get allocated on a Sunday afternoon 2. It’s a trendy thing for the locals to do on a Sunday.

ANZ is the answer but a revamp in ticket prices for ANZ is paramount. $5 tickets behind the posts then upwards from there.

• @mike Spot on Mike

• Sorry Mike but I disagree. Anything less than 20000 and ANZ is like a morgue. But hopefully the revamp changes that because we need one home ground and Wankbest will not be it. People are saying Campbelltown but we are owned by a club at Ashfield so Campbelltown makes little sense. Leichhardt is done (breaks my heart to say). Wankbest is Parra - simple. Homebush is geographically close to Ashfield do the ANZ option is sensible- just got to hope the revamp changes the deathly atmosphere.

• 🤣🤣🤣 A dozen sounding like 50000 😆😆😆

• @happy_tiger said in Home Ground situation needs to change:

Let’s just play 24 away games every season

Rebadge ourselves as the the Nomads

We might as well do that … as pretty close to what we are doing anyway.

Recent Topics