Having (or not having) a Latrell

• There was an interesting conversation behind us during the match on Friday night. A Roosters supporter was telling his Tigers mate how frustrating it is to be a Roosters fan with a player like Latrell, who at this stage of the match (around 50 minutes in) had done basically nothing and bludged on the sideline most of the game.

The fellow says: “If this was NFL I’d dead-set trade him for a more reliable player and a couple of early draft picks. I know he’s potentially a great player but also he just seems disinterested sometimes and it annoys me.”

10 minutes later and Latrell has set up one try and scored another, kicked all the goals and the Roosters retake the lead.

I turn around to the bloke and I say “would you be trading Latrell now?” He bloke just smiled and shrugged.

That was the difference between the two sides really on the night, though Keary also had some special touches, it appears Latrell can afford to just pick his moments, because he’s near unstoppable when he gets properly involved. They dumped him from Origin I but I always maintain he’s the kind of bloke you want on the field when you need a rapid change in fortunes.

Question is, for a struggling team like Tigers or Bulldogs, could you afford to go all-in for a Latrell-type player, knowing he might either get really lazy or break a game for you? Can Latrell do what he does in a lesser team?

• ForumSupporter

In a heartbeat you would have Latrell Mitchell and proves Rorters fans are flogs so thank you for sharing…

• Again unless you have a forward pack that can create space and halves that give him early ball it wouldn’t matter

• Expectations are different for supporters who support successful teams. They are a lot higher. What we would crawl over hot coals for, Roosters fans would shrug at. Kind of like a homeless person and what they’d give to sleep in a bed every night. Those of us that do don’t see it as a big deal.

• A Latrell in the backs and a Pangai Jr in the forwards would complete our team beautifully, no question.

• @Spud_Murphy said in Having (or not having) a Latrell:

A Latrell in the backs and a Pangai Jr in the forwards would complete our team beautifully, no question.

Yep agree. I posted last week that we are not too far away. This squad is proving to be decent - just lacking flair or X factor. A bit of pace and a game breaker and we are right up there.
    One thing becoming very obvious is we have the right coach

• When I read the title I thought, “Having a Latrell”, was code for some form of bodily function.

• That young centre Billy Smith in the North’s team looked good. Apparently he was one of the best rugby talents when purchasing by the Roosters.

• @Harvey like a Grogan? Or maybe on this forum it could be know as a ‘geogan’

• It all depends on what cost it would mean to the other 29 players in our roster.

What I mean is we would be forced probably to pay up to 50% over market value so that would mean we would have to make significant savings in other areas of the cap.

Anyway it’s not going to happen

• In a way, Marsters is out Mitchell. A poor man’s mitchell…
    When he’s on he looks great, but a lot of the time he meanders around. If he could run as hard as mitchell he’d be great!

• @balmain-boy said in Having (or not having) a Latrell:

In a way, Marsters is out Mitchell. A poor man’s mitchell…
    When he’s on he looks great, but a lot of the time he meanders around. If he could run as hard as mitchell he’d be great!

Just thinking that last night…

• @TieDye said in Having (or not having) a Latrell:

@balmain-boy said in Having (or not having) a Latrell:

In a way, Marsters is out Mitchell. A poor man’s mitchell…

Just thinking that last night…

Thought he had a go last night, but agree 100% most games he walks into the defensive line and tries to wriggle free. Limited impact

He could learn something from nofo

• A negative vote from me @jirskyr as he reminds me too much of The Hayne Plane. Either brilliant or terrible with nothing much more than his mind really not being in the game in between ☠

• @MAGPIES1963 said in Having (or not having) a Latrell:

A negative vote from me @jirskyr as he reminds me too much of The Hayne Plane. Either brilliant or terrible with nothing much more than his mind really not being in the game in between ☠

Well the day you turn down signing Latrell, I’ll make sure to be elsewhere so I’m not embarrassed.

Recent Topics