Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football

• @weststigerman said in Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football:

Curious to see why everyone seems to think McDonnell is rubbish? My understanding is his role is to sign junior players, not established players. Thinking back a few years ago we had woods, Fifita, Tedesco, Moses, Brooks, Suli, TMM all coming through our system. Looking at our lower grades, I’m not seeing the same caliber coming through.

Only issue I can see with him is that he had a son who was very average and should never have played first grade with us.

If this is the case then he is an asset. The club investing more money into these roles is more important. Madge has to focus on the footy team week to week. Talent Spotting is the most important aspect of all when it comes to success.

• It doesn’t actually say what role McDonnell has been given. When here previously, we were a junior powerhouse, unfortunately most of the players were just bigger than the opposition and were later proven to lack either the skills or work ethic to become quality first grade footballers.

Take a walk down memory lane, Lamar Liolavave, Delouise Hoeter, JJ Felise, Salesi Funaki, Kurtis Rowe, Brendon Santi, Manaia Rudolph, Manaia Cherrington

• @Harvey said in Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football:

It doesn’t actually say what role McDonnell has been given. When here previously, we were a junior powerhouse, unfortunately most of the players were just bigger than the opposition and were later proven to lack either the skills or work ethic to become quality first grade footballers.

Take a walk down memory lane, Lamar Liolavave, Delouise Hoeter, JJ Felise, Salesi Funaki, Kurtis Rowe, Brendon Santi, Manaia Rudolph, Manaia Cherrington

All of those names were touted as future champions on this forum at one time or another.

• We have all been guilty of thinking some young gun is going to be the next big thing. The problem for us lately seems instead of havng a wealth of of predicted talent their appears to be very little. If McDonnell can get some of that back well that has got to be a good thing.

• @Geo Yes they do very well on the NRL budget they have.

• @Newtown said in Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football:

@balmain-boy

And the Roosters guy has only been in charge of recruitment for the Roosters women’s team? Is that right? Surely that’s not a job…

In charge of recruitment for the Roosters women’s team and he lands a top job at Wests Tigers. An insult to the club.

Daaaah!

• Actually it was during McDonnell’s reign that our Juniors were the strongest they have ever been…

• Well, Adam… You Can start by getting Nat Butcher. Off contract end of next season.

• Adam Hartigan’s an astute grab for WTs but Warren McDonnell?..

alt text

• @willow Not Exactly……… My understanding of the Tedesco balls up at the Dogs had very little to do with McDonnell.

My understanding is and was Tedesco, Moses and Woods were offered to the Dogs as a package, Hasler said no to Moses. Deal off.

Meanwhile put over at Bondi Junction Minichiello who was in charge of recruitment for that week was promising Tedesco rivers of gold.

End of story.

• @willow said in Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football:

@Tigers17 said in Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football:

Once again as I read some of the comments re this thread it just verifies how stupid and ill-informed many of the posters are.

I think McDonnell might have been quite happy to part company with the Bulldogs as they set out to self-implode AGAIN, with Dean Pay resigned only a few months back and now to be replaced at season’s end with Justin Holbrook. By the way I think you all might find that when McDonnell left last time he had already lined up the job at the Dogs.

Also I was always of the belief that McDonnell was our leg into Keebra Park.

Not exactly…he didn’t see what all the fuss was about James Tedesco and look how that turned out…

I believe that was Grant Mayer …but wouldn’t surprise me if Wazza thought the same

• @WT2K No we want his younger brother who is a much better player.

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football:

@WT2K No we want his younger brother who is a much better player.

What position does his younger brother play?

• @Tigers17 said in Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football:

Once again as I read some of the comments re this thread it just verifies how stupid and ill-informed many of the posters are.

I think McDonnell might have been quite happy to part company with the Bulldogs as they set out to self-implode AGAIN, with Dean Pay resigned only a few months back and now to be replaced at season’s end with Justin Holbrook. By the way I think you all might find that when McDonnell left last time he had already lined up the job at the Dogs.

Also I was always of the belief that McDonnell was our leg into Keebra Park.

Why are we ‘stupid?’ Why such a go at us? Mate I’m a passionate supporter with an opinion. That’s it. Sometimes my opinion is well informed, sometimes I’m just having an emotional rant. But mate, I’m not stupid. Now I’ll tell you - I have written many posts and had an opinion about our recruitment for a long time. Our recruitment and retention has been appalling. McDonnell was a HUGE part of that. I hope he gets it right this time…

• @WT2K Second row but a much bigger unit. I think his name is Egan or Ethan.

Recent Topics