Maybe Madges plan.....

• I have been thinking quite a lot about why Reynolds,Packer aren’t used atm in Madges plans even though they are on massive money and seem to be forever overcoming injuries…could this be a ploy by Madge who it seems is a very astute coach…Could he be playing Benji until he gets his 300th,Liddle only sparingly until Farah gets his 300th and then reshuffles the squad for a big go at the finals,I mean who really knows what goes on during training sessions,we aren’t really kept right up to date with injury lists and I did read how Packer was overcoming an ankle injury as well as Reynolds with a groin injury but no real estimated time back on the paddock…before people tear me a new one,this is only what I think may be going on as it has happened over the years before at different clubs and I really think Madge would love to be in the finals in his first year here at the club even though he has inherited most of this squad…please don’t critise just have some sensible input…cheers

• ForumSupporter

A ploy…I like it…

• @Geo said in Maybe Madges plan.....:

A ploy…I like it…

I thought it was a good choice of word…Im glad you like it…

• Mr sherlock holmes here is on to something

• Madge will put out the players he thinks give the team teh best chance of winning every week. He doesn’t give a stuff about any players milestone games, at least they’re not a priority, but if they happen then celebrate them sure.

• A cunning plan that cannot fail.

• @hank37w said in Maybe Madges plan.....:

A cunning plan that cannot fail.

As cunning as a fox who has just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford University?

• Doubtful

• @TrueTiger said in Maybe Madges plan.....:

I have been thinking quite a lot about why Reynolds,Packer aren’t used atm in Madges plans even though they are on massive money and seem to be forever overcoming injuries…could this be a ploy by Madge who it seems is a very astute coach…Could he be playing Benji until he gets his 300th,Liddle only sparingly until Farah gets his 300th and then reshuffles the squad for a big go at the finals,I mean who really knows what goes on during training sessions,we aren’t really kept right up to date with injury lists and I did read how Packer was overcoming an ankle injury as well as Reynolds with a groin injury but no real estimated time back on the paddock…before people tear me a new one,this is only what I think may be going on as it has happened over the years before at different clubs and I really think Madge would love to be in the finals in his first year here at the club even though he has inherited most of this squad…please don’t critise just have some sensible input…cheers

Occam’s razor - they’re just busted.

• ForumSupporter

@Nelson said in Maybe Madges plan.....:

Occam’s razor - they’re just busted

lol…the simplest solution/explanation is often the best one…

• @Geo said in Maybe Madges plan.....:

@Nelson said in Maybe Madges plan.....:

Occam’s razor - they’re just busted

lol…the simplest solution/explanation is often the best one…

Nah, we’re in dire need of more theories.

• I think the plan is so other teams underestimate us as it gets near the finals. Final game of the regular season 2019, Tigers are playing a full strength Sharks team. It gets to the final minute, Sharks infront by two. Robbie darts out of dummy half, sneaks a pass to Benji. Benji draws in supporters and gets it to Chee kam. He scores! Tigers wins 20 - 18, leaving Tigers to move up the ladder and finish 11th place for the season.

• Was selecting Marshall at 6 for NZ all part of the ruse?

• Maguire is picking the best 13 to win football games.

At the moment, Marshall is a step ahead of Reynolds. He wouldn’t be asking him to play on next year if he wasnt.

With Liddle, remember he could barely stay on the field for the last few years. He is progressing him gradually.

• Only problem with this elaborate ploy is we might no win enough games in the first 3/4 of the season to make a late run.

Recent Topics