The Mole: Wests Tigers circling Manly centre

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-manly-sea-eagles-brad-parker-parramatta-eels-bevan-french/57aceafd-a606-48d8-997d-c677a2359b72

Wests Tigers are attempting to poach arguably the most improved player in the NRL this season: Manly centre Brad Parker.
Parker was just of a run-of-the-mill performer in a disappointing Manly team last year and is on a bargain basement contract.
But he has been one of the big success stories of Des Hasler’s resurgent Sea Eagles this season and is playing great attacking football for Manly, scoring tries and setting up his outside men.
His defence has also improved and the Tigers are prepared to offer him good money to switch camps.
The powerful centre is happy at Manly - but the club will need to find more money if they want to keep him.

last edited by Tiger_Fan18

He is probably better than our centres, but he is not the style of player we need.

We need to be very selective with our signings. He won’t change much for us.

@WeHaveCheeKam said in The Mole: Wests Tigers circling Manly centre:

He is probably better than our centres, but he is not the style of player we need.

He’s doing well for Manly this year. Can break a tackle, but without a speedy winger outside of him to capitalise he won’t live up to his value here.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

@Cultured_Bogan said in The Mole: Wests Tigers circling Manly centre:

He’s doing well for Manly this year. Can break a tackle, but without a speedy winger outside of him to capitalise he won’t live up to his value here.

Maybe he is an affordable recruit doing well this year…he aint no Lattrel but he isnt in his price bracket either…

i guess its hard to say without knowing our funds situation.

If we have say 500k to sign 2-3 players we aren’t going to get anyone better than this.

If we had some good funds then I wouldn’t consider him.

@TrueTiger said in The Mole: Wests Tigers circling Manly centre:

Maybe he is an affordable recruit doing well this year…he aint no Lattrel but he isnt in his price bracket either…

Yeah but we don’t really have the backline to bring the best out of him to be fair. If we picked up him and put Bevan French outside of him? Maybe we’d be on to something.

And while I think he’s playing well at the moment, I think this is his ceiling.

i guess its hard to say without knowing our funds situation.

If we have say 500k to sign 2-3 players we aren’t going to get anyone better than this.

If we had some good funds then I wouldn’t consider him.

I’d rather Garrick to be honest

Just don’t see it in Parker

If that is the best we can do …really why bother

The question to be asked IMO is what does he offer that Momirovski doesn’t?

That is a fair comment CB,but havent all and sundry said that the centres are where we are lacking…maybe Parker could help our backline and yes you do need the players outside of him,as the wiseman told me once"small steps " until we get to where we need to be…

I don’t know , but I do know we are still at the op shop picking through the bargain bin for fringe first graders who may or not minutely improve us if they have the right players inside them or outside them

I’m a little disappointed with Momo. I thought he was going to be a revelation, but he’s been pretty bleh.

Zilch. But he is a ginger.

where circling… but where r we going to land…

@happy_tiger said in The Mole: Wests Tigers circling Manly centre:

I don’t know , but I do know we are still at the op shop picking through the bargain bin for fringe first graders who may or not minutely improve us if they have the right players inside them or outside them

I don’t think we have an option but to look for bargains.

Sounds like his agent doing his job and using us as leverage to get a few more $$$ out of Manly… well that’s the way I read it.