It all comes down to this simple equation now ....

For me , we don’t win the next two games we won’t make the Top 8

People will say it is mathematically possible but our goose will be cooked for 2019 if we don’t beat the Raiders and Knights

Thoughts ???

@happy_tiger I’d say true, but beating them unfortunately doesn’t even mean we make it. Just that we might have a chance.

I do not want to sound negative, but it is over imo.

Knights will make it when Ponga is back. Sharks also when Graham and co are fit.

There is one team in the top 8 who I think will drop out and that is Parramatta.

Today was huge. Literally a 4 point game.

They are a very average team, but they have now beaten us twice.

You need to win games like today.

last edited by ElleryHanley

@happy_tiger said in It all comes down to this simple equation now ....:

People will say it is mathematically possible but our goose will be cooked for 2019 if we don’t beat the Raiders and Knights

Thoughts ???

You don’t say…

@Geo said in It all comes down to this simple equation now ....:

@happy_tiger said in It all comes down to this simple equation now ....:

Thoughts ???

You don’t say…

Same old foot ball season. 9th at best is our go each year. Probably more like 11th or 12th this year now.

Our goose is already cooked, carved, served and starting to go cold.

We needed to beat the eels. We couldn’t. Book your holidays now boys.

last edited by NT_Tiger

For me yesterday was the game. We needed to be that one to have a shot. Yep Mathematically we can still make it now but 2019 is gone.

When you start talking about mathematical probabilities, you are already gone.

Cant see us making the eight. Too many weaknesses on the field, and too much money tied up in players who contribute little, with no decent depth to replace them.
I just hope we continue to have a dig for the remainder of the season as this is usually the time where the good teams make a run and the every thing turns to mush for the non contenders.

My worse case … we aren’t far off bottom and the teams below us are starting to do better.

Sadly it’s a familiar feeling at this end of the season. Let’s at least play with a bit more grit and make it harder for the teams on the edge of the eight and those might pass us on our way down.

@happy_tiger I think we are already cooked. Parra was a must win game, an indicator of where we are at. Not a good outcome. Cue’s in the rack looking at 2020 now.

last edited by mike

Nah … that is it for us this year unfortunately.
Too many teams way better and more motivated than our players competing for the final spots.
Just slowly put your glasses down and try to sneak out of the pub.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.