WESTS Tigers Team v Canberra ..

• ForumSupporter

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire has recalled Paul Momirovski and named a 19-year-old rookie amongst the reserves for his side’s Round 18 clash against the Canberra Raiders.

Momirovski has been named on the wing for the first time in his career at Wests Tigers, having featured at centre or off the bench in his four appearances to date, and takes the place of Robert Jennings in the side for Saturday’s game.

The Alexandria Rovers junior’s inclusion isn’t the only change for Wests Tigers this week, with teenage rookie Tommy Talau named in the squad in jersey 18.

Having signed with the club at the start of the year as Development Player, Talau was recently upgraded to the club’s NRL squad prior to the June 30 deadline.

The son of former Bulldogs player Willie Talau, the 19-year-old has played primarily at centre for the club’s Canterbury Cup side in 2019 but is also capable of covering the wing or five-eighth with his athletic frame and ball-playing ability.

Benji Marshall’s Post-Match Presentation

Wests Tigers are otherwise unchanged for Saturday’s clash against Raiders with Robbie Farah set to play his 299th NRL game. Farah can join Marshall in the elusive 300-game club next week when Wests Tigers take on the Newcastle Knights.

Wests Tigers will provide an updated 19-man squad to face the Raiders on Friday afternoon at 5:30pm AEST as they travel to the nation’s capital, before confirming their final team list for Round 18 one hour prior to kickoff (4:30pm, Saturday).

1 Corey Thompson
    2 Paul Momirovski
    3 Moses Mbye
    4 Esan Marsters
    5 David Nofoaluma

6 Benji Marshall
    7 Luke Brooks

8 Josh Aloiai
    9 Robbie Farah
    10 Alex Twal
    11 Ryan Matterson
    12 Chris Lawrence
    13 Matt Eisenhuth

14 Jacob Liddle
    15 Thomas Mikaele
    16 Elijah Taylor
    17 Michael Chee-Kam

18 Tommy Talau
    19 Chris Mcqueen
    20 Luke Garner
    21 Oliver Clark

• I would rather be safe and have Momirovski in the centres with Thompson on the wing and Mbye moving to the back.

• Bye bye Jennings !

• @hobbo1 said in WESTS Tigers Team v Canberra ..:

Bye bye Jennings !

The changes you make when not making any changes

• ForumSupporter

Bench way too light…

• hoping Talau comes in for Mbye; who goes to left centre, allowing Esan to revert to bench. Yes, he’s worth persisting with but at what cost to the teams performance because he is honestly epitomising it ATM.

• Hope Talau comes in for Masters who needs to do some reflecting on his game…

• Clark in for E.T, Liddle to start and Robby coming on as middle forward for high output stints either side of half-time… it’s getting desperate so idk why not

• ForumSupporter

No E…geebus…

• @Geo I’m normally very good ! Cut me some slack big fella;)

• This post is deleted!

• Talau not far off debut then. Jennings finally gond. Bench seems light. It is what it is.

• good news on Jennings.

Bad news is the Bench.

• @Geo said in WESTS Tigers Team v Canberra ..:

Bench way too light…

Agreed. We have been beaten in the forwards two weeks in a row. Packer should have been included this week imo.

• ForumSupporter

@TieDye said in WESTS Tigers Team v Canberra ..:

@Geo I’m normally very good ! Cut me some slack big fella;)

You can mollar other teams players names that’s allowed…but WESTS Tigers no way…

Recent Topics