Blake Austin Selection in Great Britain in the Lions’ Elite Training Squad

By The Mole
2 hours ago

Great Britain legend Garry Schofield has slammed Aussie Blake Austin’s selection in the Lions’ Elite Training Squad today.

The move paves the way for Parramatta-born Austin, a former Raiders, Wests Tigers and Panthers playmaker, to play Test matches for Britain at the end of the year.

Austin is the form player in England at the Warrington club and has English grandparents - but Schofield wants nothing to do with him.

“If he’s good enough, why isn’t he playing for Souths in the NRL?” the former Lions Test star fired on the Forty20 podcast in the UK.

“Everyone knows my feelings about non-Brits playing for GB, I don’t want it.

“I don’t want Australians in the dressing room - simple as that. Blake Austin is good enough for GB, is he? The Aussies and Kiwis will be laughing. Do you think the Aussies will be frightened of Blake Austin?

“He’s Australian … I want GB to be full of British lads, as simple as that.”

At least Garry is consistently frank.

I think this man is a fool, imho, although can understand where he’s coming from

last edited by TieDye

I wonder whether he has voiced these concerns in terms of their cricket team?

The poms have no shame.

Look at their cricket team that just won the World Cup. The following were born overseas

Jason Roy (South Africa)
Eoin Morgan (Ireland)
Ben Stokes (New Zealand)
Jofra Archer (Barbados)

In fact Morgan was their captain…

@Sabre said in Blake Austin Selection in Great Britain in the Lions’ Elite Training Squad:

The poms have no shame.

Look at their cricket team that just won the World Cup. The following were born overseas

Jason Roy (South Africa)
Eoin Morgan (Ireland)
Ben Stokes (New Zealand)
Jofra Archer (Barbados)

Beat ya by that much😜

@Tiger_Steve said in Blake Austin Selection in Great Britain in the Lions’ Elite Training Squad:

@Sabre said in Blake Austin Selection in Great Britain in the Lions’ Elite Training Squad:

The poms have no shame.

Jason Roy (South Africa)
Eoin Morgan (Ireland)
Ben Stokes (New Zealand)
Jofra Archer (Barbados)

Beat ya by that much😜

haha would have snuck in if I didn’t have to double check a couple of them.

Does Heighington get a call up?

The super league standard is terrible, Jordan Rankin must regret his time with the tigers. If he stayed in England he would be naturalised by now and a certainty for their test squad.

lol

calm down mate

go have a cuppa

This post is deleted!

If the Poms had a player of Gary Schofield’s ability they sure as hell wouldn’t need Austin

The poms have no shame.

Jason Roy (South Africa)
Eoin Morgan (Ireland)
Ben Stokes (New Zealand)
Jofra Archer (Barbados)

Usman khawaja (Pakistan)
Andrew Symonds (England )
Lol
Bowl the next one underarm lol

@hobbo1 said in Blake Austin Selection in Great Britain in the Lions’ Elite Training Squad:

The poms have no shame.

Jason Roy (South Africa)
Eoin Morgan (Ireland)
Ben Stokes (New Zealand)
Jofra Archer (Barbados)

Usman khawaja (Pakistan)
Lol

We, however are not crying about it.

I’d be more upset about us playing cheats in our team rather than players from other countries.

@hobbo1 said in Blake Austin Selection in Great Britain in the Lions’ Elite Training Squad:

The poms have no shame.

Jason Roy (South Africa)
Eoin Morgan (Ireland)
Ben Stokes (New Zealand)
Jofra Archer (Barbados)

Usman khawaja (Pakistan)
Lol

To young for Kepler Wessels - Australian-South African cricketer

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.