When or What makes this season unacceptable

• So basically 2/3 of the season is gone now , things are looking scary

Madges 1st season of course and he doesn’t have his own roster

So what do you class as an unacceptable season

For me it’s Top 12 , we miss that and EVERY one must come under serious scrutiny , even Madge

Am I being too harsh or am I right …every season missing the Top 8 and someone needs to pay

• Frankly any result is “acceptable” in the context of coach and management - nobody is going to get turfed this year. It has more of an impact on next year, but again, if we make the finals 2020 then non-finals this year would be deemed ok.

• @jirskyr said in When or What makes this season unacceptable:

Frankly any result is “acceptable” in the context of coach and management - nobody is going to get turfed this year. It has more of an impact on next year, but again, if we make the finals 2020 then non-finals this year would be deemed ok.

So a 1/8 finish to the season and 15th place would be acceptable

You looking for any staff ??

• @happy_tiger This season has been acceptible

• Some have already paid, the roster is already being shifted.
    Players are being moved on before the season has ended and or been told to look elsewhere. That indicates that the club/coach has identified that they are not satisfied with our performance and are taking steps to rectify it within the limitations of honouring contracts and salary cap constrictions.

• Most people not assocuated wuth the tigers think Madge gas done a great job to get thus roster in contention. Many saw it as similar to titans ans dogs

• Acceptable and contention aren’t the words I’d use .
    This team has gone backwards at a rate of knots with pretty much the same squad as last season.
    Can’t half tell who the mediocrity fan boys are .

• Failure - Lack of success -non performance . So is this season acceptable? So far this season the CEO gets punted for 6 months for salary cap breaches + fines and penalties ( and is still employed), 25% of the cap used up by contracted players that are incapable of making it onto the field . On field performances are worse than last season , the coach seems to have walked away from the existing roster as they are not what he wants and the on field performances certainly confirms this theory .
    One thing is certain and that is no finals series again which is an acceptable outcome for those that run the club obviously! if it was not the culture would be changed.
    On the other hand a large part of the supporter base think that this is totally UNACCEPTABLE !when your club is incapable of making a top 8 final series year after year yes this is unacceptable and there is something wrong .

• I’m almost at the stage where I would rather our club fold permanently than keep being heart broken every year due to incompetence… for the life of me I can’t accept mediocrity and I definitely can’t keep living in the past

• @happy_tiger U r not being harsh, thats every teams pass/fail line is Top 8 with new or old coach, Yes someone needs to PAY but 17 need to PLAY im getting a little tired, hearing people saying the coach didnt get his players, he needs to build thats all i ever hear at the tigers is build and rebuild for many many years. i mean its a professional game of the most physical team sports in the world, get on with it use what you have, bring the best out of them as any good coach would, send them in to battle get your moneys worth something i dont know, love the tigers and like and happy with Madge think hes great. but somethings got to give we must play finals football this year or overhaul somewhere : (

• @Tiger_Bond It is time the supporter base point the finger at who’s responsible !Failure is entrenched in our club and it comes from the board room …

• @Snake said in When or What makes this season unacceptable:

@Tiger_Bond It is time the supporter base point the finger at who’s responsible !Failure is entrenched in our club and it comes from the board room …

You should point the finger for everyone. They’ll surely make changes then.

• Lets say it is unacceptable, what are we going to do about it? Moan, complain, act like victims who deserve better, and come back in 2020 and do it all over again.

• @GNR4LIFE yes this is the perfect forum for that … let it be known your not happy and you want change ! Rational comments that things need to change … we have to remember that people running the club think having 4 home grounds is acceptable , this is the thought process that is in action ! Say nothing … nothing changes !

• @GNR4LIFE said in When or What makes this season unacceptable:

Lets say it is unacceptable, what are we going to do about it? Moan, complain, act like victims who deserve better, and come back in 2020 and do it all over again.

Exactly. What are we going to do ? My opinion is that we judge Madge and the players based on how they perform based on subjective opinions. I think Madge has been great. Some players have been great - Aloiai and Thompson are two good examples.

Then we look to next year and so on.

We have a couple of players that are on over inflated contracts and hopefully we slowly unwind those positions and replace those players with better players. Hopefully we also retain the players that we want too - Aloiai and Thompson are again good examples and build from there.

At some point if we develop a good squad we will make the finals.

So I have no defined criteria in relation to what is acceptable or not. I’m just looking for the right decisions to be made going forward which should hopefully lead to improved results.

Recent Topics