The truth

• We as fans are frustrated because of our finals draught. However, if you look at this game at half time I had us losing by 40+, given their limited talent the team’s effort is good. Skill, speed, size are lacking but very hard to change within the squad. If this was 2014 I’d be feeling ok about our future, but the fact that we have had to endure this crap as supporters for so long is killing the club. We need to go all in on our biggest, fastest juniors. Bradley, Talaua and even Cini if we can need to be blooded early or you can write off 2020 too because despite our great heart and fight for most of the year WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Our three quarter line need to take all the blame for that result tonight. Despite the imperfection inside them, they had ample opportunity to apply the polish. Farah, Liddle, Benji, Brooks and Mbye made errors but also came up with massive plays that good teams capitalise on. Bring on the future.

• Finally a positive POST

• @TheDaBoss it wasn’t meant to be hahaha

I think it is just an honest opinion borne out of frustration. Ultimately it isn’t good enough to lose the Melbourne, Roosters, Eels and tonight’s game how we have.

• @TheDaBoss said in The truth:

Finally a positive POST

How is this positive …just more support to the fact we have really screwed the pooch since 2012

We can’t even get to sack coaches anymore …they leave …and we try and desperately keep them …despite them wanting to leave

We are 13th and probably fortunate the 3 teams behinds us look like a dogs breakfast

• The truth is we need a wooden spoon to finally shake this club up …face reality at long last

• Banned

@happy_tiger Yes. A good dose of shame works wonders.

• @happy_tiger we are overdue for that Hap.
    The Raiders never thought we would score when it counted and despite my hope neither did I.

I want to be clear I think Madge and the players are doing their best in recent weeks. We just don’t have that extra gear.

• @happy_tiger said in The truth:

The truth is we need a wooden spoon to finally shake this club up …face reality at long last

It never helped the maggies. It just added to the perception they like. Battlers,paupers everyone’s second fav team. You know , losers.

• @happy_tiger said in The truth:

The truth is we need a wooden spoon to finally shake this club up …face reality at long last

It wouldn’t work …
    It would be celebrated lol

• @happy_tiger saying this for a while .

• @old_man_tiger Totally agree … our spine laid it on and our 3/4 was just not up to it.
    It’s pretty obvious where our problems are … and our coaching staff are aware where their focus should be in the off season.

• The unfortunate truth is that Cleary got essentially the same roster to 12-12 in 25 rounds and it appears Madge is unlikely to match that.

Meanwhile Cleary’s new team are 9-8 with 7 matches in hand, likely to better 12 wins.

Madge might be a better overall coach but Cleary is getting superior results.

• @old_man_tiger said in The truth:

@happy_tiger we are overdue for that Hap.
    The Raiders never thought we would score when it counted and despite my hope neither did I.

I want to be clear I think Madge and the players are doing their best in recent weeks. We just don’t have that extra gear.

You don’t need an extra gear if you show up ready to roll in the first 10 minutes , its all about hanging in as long as possible and fighting for your life on every play

We aren’t doing that …Madge conceded as much

• @jirskyr said in The truth:

The unfortunate truth is that Cleary got essentially the same roster to 12-12 in 25 rounds and it appears Madge is unlikely to match that.

Meanwhile Cleary’s new team are 9-8 with 7 matches in hand, likely to better 12 wins.

Madge might be a better overall coach but Cleary is getting superior results.

I really liked Cleary (before he stabbed the club in the back harder than any figure I’ve ever seen before) but our club was limping to the finish line last year, after starting the season 5-1 we finished something like 7-11 and had some really bad scorelines against us. So Basically, we were shot last year after a promising start. I don’t think we’ve seen much improvement from this side compared to last year, but it certainly isn’t a drop in form for this team. And this is Cleary’s team, so I’d expect a few setbacks as Maguire makes the team his own. My desire to keep Cleary on as coach last year was because he had recruited this team so he should be made to coach it. It was obvious that this team had problems, and I think Cleary wanted to dig himself out of the hole he created for us here.

The team’s performance is down to our recruiting and we made some horrendous decisions which are going to impact the club for the next few seasons yet. Very harsh to judge Maguire on the performance of the team this year, and pointless to compare Cleary’s team to ours because Cleary was desperate to leave, we didn’t drop him, the Panthers squad was and is heaps better than ours and Cleary’s done nothing with them yet to suggest they’re better for having recruited him.

• The truth is the whole Weststigers system in broken and is on life support! The first thing that has to be done by the West’s group is nominate one home ground from next season ! Something big has to be decided for real directional change .
    The power brokers have to finally set a new course for the club and there would be no better way …,
    Maguire tonight stated the club needs to change ! well this would be a major part of that … 4 home grounds are for losers does this ring a bell …

Recent Topics