Taylor

• Shout out to ET.

He’s been much maligned over the last 12 months, but he’s been one of our best the last 2 weeks, in 2 badly beaten sides. Definitely one player who seems desperate to prove to Madge he’s been wrong in keeping him on the outer.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Taylor:

Shout out to ET.

He’s been much maligned over the last 12 months, but he’s been one of our best the last 2 weeks, in 2 badly beaten sides. Definitely one player who seems desperate to prove to Madge he’s been wrong in keeping him on the outer.

Agree GNR - one of our best - yes and gets pinged for the odd penalty and quite often with our penalties they shouldn’t have been given.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Taylor:

Shout out to ET.

He’s improved but still makes 5 yards a hit up and never breaks tackles. The fact he has been one of our best is the concern.

• i’m guessing we have been watching different games,still the same player he was when we first got him and offers very little outside his defense
    im sick of these types we need players who can do both

• Saying that he’s been one of our best is a real concern and pretty much sums up where we’re at, if he’s been one of our best we have massive problems.

• Good post @GNR4LIFE .

Credit to Eisenhuth too. I’ve never really rated him, but Madge has him playing some decent footy.

• @Joelcainenumber1fan said in Taylor:

offers very little outside his defense

He doesn’t have to if he can run on, make 10 or so tackles in 3 sets and almost single-handedly sure-up the middle. Canberra were running riot until ET came on today.

• @jirskyr said in Taylor:

@Joelcainenumber1fan said in Taylor:

He doesn’t have to if he can run on, make 10 or so tackles in 3 sets and almost single-handedly sure-up the middle. Canberra were running riot until ET came on today.

didnt garner come on the same time ??? he was a tackeling machine out there too ,he also make more metres in his hitups

• @Joelcainenumber1fan said in Taylor:

@jirskyr said in Taylor:

didnt garner come on the same time ??? he was a tackeling machine out there too ,he also make more metres in his hitups

ET made 38 tackles in 41 minutes. Garner made 27 tackles in 50 minutes. In that respect - no contest.

Garner did run for 24 more metres than ET. I will put a caveat on that however - Garner spent half his time running out wide.

• @jirskyr said in Taylor:

Noticeable difference when he came on.

• Always puts in!

• was garner injured or just had other stuff to deal with as to why he hasn’t been in the team recently?? I rated what he did at the start of the year but then nothing was seen of him. I know the poor bloke’s Dad passed but was wondering if there was anything else?

• I rate ET’s exclusion from the top grade another questionable decision by the coaching staff.

• @TIGER said in Taylor:

Saying that he’s been one of our best is a real concern and pretty much sums up where we’re at, if he’s been one of our best we have massive problems.

That might be true, but nothing wrong with giving the guy a bit of credit.

• I put Taylor in the same bucket as Thompson, neither give up and both give their all. Good example setters.

Recent Topics