Luke Brooks vs Raiders

I was very happy with luke Brooks’ running game and he was a real weapon when he runs. He is very underrated in my opinion but he just needs to use his running game to help the Tigers and really improve his game.

Yeah i guess

Just needs to step up in key moments

Was terrible in the opposition 20 and
Went missing as usual .
Everything was left up to the veteran hack (Farah)…

Brooksy is a great runner, top class broken field player and, to his great credit, has become one of the better defensive halves…

But…he simply can’t seem to control a set that starts in the opposition 20 and put points on. You never see him run into space and create an overlap and put his center in or throw a long cut out ball for his winger to score.

He literally just plays a ball to Lawry, a few settlers and a kick. Over and over.

@hobbo1 i dont think he went missing he was there its just robbie kept going to benji
this is the problem i remember happening before with the tigers

He is a running 5/8 for mine.

@momo_amp_medo agree i think Brooks would make a great five eigth like luke keary but even better

He does my head in every week.

@ElleryHanley the opposition know they have our outside backs covered for pace and skill. I don’t have any hesitation in stating if we had fast and big wingers and centres the ball would be thrown wide far more often.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Luke Brooks vs Raiders:

@ElleryHanley the opposition know they have our outside backs covered for pace and skill. I don’t have any hesitation in stating if we had fast and big wingers and centres the ball would be thrown wide far more often.

Valid points.

The BIG defense for Brooks is that he has never had a pack go forward ‘and’ never had quality centers outside him.

Two vital things for a 7 to excel.

Until he gets them, we will never really know what his level could be.

This is whats called a second account. Stirring the pot.

Brooks isn’t an organising half. He needs to shift to 5/8th and just play a running/supporting game. Problem is attracting or developing a dominant controlling halfback.

Well Madden is def the controlling halfback type. In fact tjat is his strength as he showed again yest in nsw cup - he kicks well, he puts guys in right positions, he directs a team. Now he is young and needs another year to develop physically and his game before he is fg ready but he is Benjis replacement and the next half we need.

@shane2801 said in Luke Brooks vs Raiders:

He does my head in every week.

…and mine. And others I know too!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.