Our Cap

• I have seen a lot of media regarding the titans and there cap mess, but our cap management is just as bad. Ivan, Egan and to a lesser extent Pascoe deserve to cop the pasting that Brennan has recieved, but have flown under the radar. We as fans deserve better.

Lets hope that some of these promising young guys coming through can give us something to cheer about next season, my gosh the club deserves some good karma.

• ForumSupporter

Ummm…not on here it hasn’t…

Most Media have also mentioned the amount of $$$ sitting in the stands…Matty Johns talked directly to it post match on Fox last night …It has also been said recently on NRL 360 straight at Madge…it’s on the radar…

• @Geo so how would you fix it mate if you were in charge

• ForumSupporter

@Tigerstar said in Our Cap:

@Geo so how would you fix it mate if you were in charge

Only time can fix it…that is… when the long term bigger $$$ players contracts are up…whether they are still here or us paying freight for them to play elsewhere that is still effecting the quality of player we can attract…

Until then it’s up to the coaching staff to get the best out of these players rather than the cop out…it’s not my roster…that’s their job until last night that hasn’t been used as an excuse…

• There will be some relief next year with McQueen, Matulino and ET all off contract. That would be close to 1 million freed up.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Our Cap:

There will be some relief next year with McQueen, Matulino and ET all off contract. That would be close to 1 million freed up.

Should be enough to get Dugan.

• @gallagher said in Our Cap:

@GNR4LIFE said in Our Cap:

There will be some relief next year with McQueen, Matulino and ET all off contract. That would be close to 1 million freed up.

Those are fighting words, gallagher 😆

• @Geo said in Our Cap:

it’s not my roster

I have never heard Madge make that excuse! It is not that this roster is not madge’s, its that this roster is not good enough. We have competed in many games this year, including games against top teams and when the key moments came we did not have the class players to finish off the game!

• ForumSupporter

@cochise said in Our Cap:

@Geo said in Our Cap:

it’s not my roster

I have never heard Madge make that excuse! It is not that this roster is not madge’s, its that this roster is not good enough. We have competed in many games this year, including games against top teams and when the key moments came we did not have the class players to finish off the game!

Semantics…not good enough as opposed to not mine.

• @Geo said in Our Cap:

@Geo said in Our Cap:

it’s not my roster

It is not good enough!

• ForumSupporter

@Geo said in Our Cap:

@Geo said in Our Cap:

it’s not my roster

It is not good enough!

OK…It’s not good enough excuse then…I would think the job of coaching staff would be to improve that…

• @Geo said in Our Cap:

@Geo said in Our Cap:

@Geo said in Our Cap:

it’s not my roster

It is not good enough!

OK…It’s not good enough excuse then…I would think the job of coaching staff would be to improve that…

I believe he has, but you can’t turn a stone into a flower, at some point you reach all you can do and have to go out and buy the flowers you need. That is where we are at, if we want to compete for a premiership then we need better players, not the players we have now who are playing slightly better!

• What is needed is a meeting of the minds. WT followers who are also wealthy and successful business people in the mould of Mark Bouris and Nick Politis get together and discuss ways to augment performence incentives.

• @gallagher said in Our Cap:

@GNR4LIFE said in Our Cap:

That’s not funny. I understand the frustration though.

• What is this about a cap?

Recent Topics