Apisai Koroisau

Official 3 year deal with Ivan, not great cap management from Ivan though, they already have 2 or 3 hookers

last edited by 851

@Geo said in Apisai Koroisau:

Just caught up with NRL 360 and Pooper stated Api Koroisau will be signing with the Dogs for 3 years announced this week…

🙄 🤔 😳

@851 said in Apisai Koroisau:

Official 3 year deal with Ivan, not great cap management from Ivan though, they already have 2 or 3 hookers

Katoa is off contract and presumably won’t be re-signed after this. They needed an upgrade at hooker, it’s been a weakness there for a while.

@Nelson said in Apisai Koroisau:

Katoa is off contract and presumably won’t be re-signed after this. They needed an upgrade at hooker, it’s been a weakness there for a while.

I may be biased, but my mates son plays hooker at Penrith, and is signed past this year. He goes alright, I actually think their attack looks better when he plays.

It’s a Cleary type signing…a player who in recent times been on the sidelines injured a lot and is at the back end of his career. So Ivan throws him a juicy three year deal.

Let’s hope karma keeps dumping on Ivan for another few years

I may be biased, but my mates son plays hooker at Penrith, and is signed past this year. He goes alright, I actually think their attack looks better when he plays.

Is that Wayde Egan? He definitely goes alright but he’s not an 80 minute prospect at his age and I imagine he and Koroisau will both have a spot in the 17. Koroisau can play 80 but he’d be more effective and less likely to get injured if he’s playing 50-60 minutes a week. Egan gives pretty good service but Koroisau can spark attack in his own right and Penrith probably need some focus taken off Cleary.

Just caught up with NRL 360 and Pooper stated Api Koroisau will be signing with the Dogs for 3 years announced this week…

🙄 🤔 😳

Hmmmm…Bulldog, Panther? I can see the likeness 😂

@Spud_Murphy
Someone should tell Appi that Ivans a bus not a coach

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Apisai Koroisau:

Someone should tell Appi that Ivans a bus not a coach

Not a bus…a fraud

Far out I was hyped for the doggies…their spin would have been great…Ivan ruining other teams not just us

Is that Wayde Egan? He definitely goes alright but he’s not an 80 minute prospect at his age and I imagine he and Koroisau will both have a spot in the 17. Koroisau can play 80 but he’d be more effective and less likely to get injured if he’s playing 50-60 minutes a week. Egan gives pretty good service but Koroisau can spark attack in his own right and Penrith probably need some focus taken off Cleary.

Yeh sorry mate forgot to mention his name, but you are right it is Wayde, they also have Kenny.

I get the feeling the club is building for long term goals , hence not over paying for another older type that is injury prone …glad he is getting on the Panthers bus !

I can tell you as a fact the Bulldogs had penciled in Api and Ese Ese. I was at an event at Belmore and they were telling everyone the deal was done a week ago. Panthers must have paid big as the dogs were offering 500k.

Contracts are strange in the NRL clubs with space and cash seem to miss out more than any other sport in the world .

@TYGA said in Apisai Koroisau:

I can tell you as a fact the Bulldogs had penciled in Api and Ese Ese. I was at an event at Belmore and they were telling everyone the deal was done a week ago. Panthers must have paid big as the dogs were offering 500k.

Contracts are strange in the NRL clubs with space and cash seem to miss out more than any other sport in the world .

Old Bulldogs have had a bad run lately of getting new players up to the line and failing to get them across, and for those almost-deals becoming public knowledge.