Apisai Koroisau

@Geo Would of liked him here but for the money we have more important positions to target…

@hsvjones said in Apisai Koroisau:

@Geo Would of liked him here but for the money we have more important positions to target…

I disagree. At this stage we’re going into 2020 without a hooker. I would say it’s close to our main priority unless Madge has already earmarked Marshall or Mbye to play there.

We thought we had him…

last edited by Jimmy

I feel that this is a good one to let go through to the keeper.

Not doubting his ability but as I have said and reiterate again

We Tigers need to stop buying players that are on the market and are available but truly look at positions and the younger untapped to grow together under the guidance of our best coach in years Madge.

@avocadoontoast I Agree Hooker is a position that we need to get right but Api wanted a 3 year deal on decent money.
We have Liddle back late next year and our young hooker from QLD might be ready in 2 years time so we really only need a hooker for 1 to 2 years max. For me I would look at Issac Luke for a 1 year deal and 2nd year Club option depending on Liddle & Young Hooker progress.

@avocadoontoast I Agree Hooker is a position that we need to get right but Api wanted a 3 year deal on decent money.
We have Liddle back late next year and our young hooker from QLD might be ready in 2 years time so we really only need a hooker for 1 to 2 years max. For me I would look at Issac Luke for a 1 year deal and 2nd year Club option depending on Liddle & Young Hooker progress.

Agree that Issac Luke is not a bad choice on a 1-2 year deal. Koroisau has also had some injury issues. In his years at the Sea Eagles, he’s played 18, 24, 13 and 18* games.

Luke seems more durable, but also seems to get himself suspended at least once or twice a year. 20, 23, 23 and 15* games per season at the Warriors.

@Kazoo-Kid
How about Robbie back on a $1 contract with match payment or add the hooking role to his job desciption in his ambassadorial role

You would think Liddle won’t be back until 2021 given reports he’d need 9-12 months recovery time.

@avocadoontoast said in Apisai Koroisau:

You would think Liddle won’t be back until 2021 given reports he’d need 9-12 months recovery time.

Yeah he’s a write off for next year so we will need to do something at hooker. I would’ve been ok with Koroisau as I rate him as a player but we were unlikely to be in a position to win a bidding war with the Dogs (and I think his salary would’ve ended up pretty ugly if we had won such a war…)

Signing with Voldemort at the riff (Brent Read)

Billy Walters will be our hooker/half next season.

@WT2K said in Apisai Koroisau:

Read v Pooper battle of the dart throwers

@Geo said in Apisai Koroisau:

@WT2K said in Apisai Koroisau:

Read v Pooper battle of the dart throwers

Now slothfield saying the same

SMH reporting he’s signed with Penrith too.