Official Robbie Farah retiring at the end of 2019

• Congrats on a great career
    Official as per members email
    #legend

• ROBBIE, ROBBIE, ROBBIE, Thanks for the memories, 2005 and most of all your TIGAARS HEART. XOX

• Banned

L. Brooks looking dynamite at a quick open session down at the oval. So keen Thursday

Thank you for the blood, sweat, tears RF

• Legend. Thank you for all your efforts in tigers colours. Forever a tiger 🐯

• @old_man_tiger
    ROBBIE GOOD BYE GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU

CHAMPION

• Well done at the presso , handled it like a true champion

One of the clubs top 3 players ever , good luck in retirement

• IMG_20190730_112515.jpg

• Well done Robbie it’s been one hell of a ride.
    Your passion for the club and the game was both your greatest asset, and your achilles heal.
    Will always be one of our greatest and you earned it all the hard way.

• Congrats, but I bet I’m not the only one that’s kinda glad he’s retiring. Could have done it earlier and given Liddle a chance, but congrats on a great career and all the best in the after-life of footy.

• Love him or hate him nobody could ever question his drive and passion for this club and success throughout his career. I hope you have 10 games left too Robbie.

• @Furious1 said in Official Robbie Farah retiring at the end of 2019:

Love him or hate him nobody could ever question his drive and passion for this club and success throughout his career. I hope you have 10 games left too Robbie.

11 …you’d have to pick him in the World Club Challenge if we got that far

• @Matto said in Official Robbie Farah retiring at the end of 2019:

Congrats, but I bet I’m not the only one that’s kinda glad he’s retiring. Could have done it earlier and given Liddle a chance, but congrats on a great career and all the best in the after-life of footy.

I loved his passion for the club, and wish him well, but I am glad he is retiring, it is the right time, his mate should do the same, if we are going to be seriously challenging for a top 8 or top 4 spot next year, then his mate will be in reserve grade, if not we plod in to the bottom 8.

• Think what you like - the guy has certainly given his all for the Wests Tigers.

At times, I think he has been harshly criticized by many and probably blamed for some stuff unfairly, and I am also sure he regrets plenty of things he’s done and said as well. However, that’s the nature of people who have such a relentless passion and focus for something, inevitably they do things or say things that some people don’t agree with. Farah has been true to his notion and belief in his beloved Club all along, and his stubbornness has often rubbed people up the wrong way and certainly polarised fans.

But I don’t agree with any Tigers fan who can’t respect the guy for his unwavering effort and desire. As for his football, like him or not, his career speaks for itself. He has achieved plenty in the game.

I give him credit for retiring at the right time. He came back half way through last season, and I thought certainly helped the Tigers at a time when we had very few options at dummy half. He re-signed (on a modest deal) for this season because he believed he could help the team, and realistically, we have needed him. Now, when he knows his body can’t go around again and he realizes the next in line are ready to step up and take over, he is moving on. What more do fans want?

Good on you Robbie Farah - You are a Legend in my (orange and black) eyes!

• ForumSupporter

A true Warrior on the field for us …Thanks for the memories Farah …no go out on Fire…

• Do we care about what is spoken about off the pitch? Or is it what he did on the pitch that matters more? He played his guts out on the pitch every single time. Name another player that has played like that for us? You’d only get a handful over the course of our time as a club…
    Always has my respect for what he did on the pitch…the rest is just tabloid fluff.

Recent Topics