A few Questions about the 05 season??

• Hi all,
    Sorry if this has come up in previous discussions or has been said before. Only joined the forum today long time magpies/wests tigers supporter. I have always given it to my mates saying we broke 3 records the year we won the competition in 05 just wondering if anyone can confirm or If i should shut my mouth from now on haha… remember hearing it but can’t remember the source or find any article about it. The records been…

1. The first club to win an ARL even just NRL premiership without having any origin player playing that year in any of the 3 games… from memory we didn’t have anyone play that year…??

2. Been the youngest side to ever with the premiership with an average age of 22…??

3. Been at the longest odds to win the premiership and win been at some stage in the season I think we were at $150 to win (don’t know the betting agency)… ??

• This post is deleted!

• @adam_chambers def were at $150/1 that I know because i cashed in my ticket after the grand final

Think u are right about the other 2 as well but not 100% sure

• @boonboon said in A few Questions about the 05 season??:

@adam_chambers def were at $150/1 that I know because i cashed in my ticket after the grand final

Think u are right about the other 2 as well but not 100% sure

I can confirm I collected 15k I placed the same $100 wager every year since.

• Yeah we were definitely at 150-1 at one point, I know because I dropped money on them when they were 81-1 and I spewing for two reasons the day after the grand final, the first because I had to clean up my room after I tore it to shreds looking for the ticket, and that I didn’t get on at 150-1

• I doubt any club in history has blown out to those odds mid season and won the comp. A bigger story than Leicester City.

• how about the bloke who had 50 dollars on the sydney swans wests tigers double that year.cant remember what the payout was it was highly unlikely when he put the bet on.

• @Cultured_Bogan said in A few Questions about the 05 season??:

Yeah we were definitely at 150-1 at one point, I know because I dropped money on them when they were 81-1 and I spewing for two reasons the day after the grand final, the first because I had to clean up my room after I tore it to shreds looking for the ticket, and that I didn’t get on at 150-1

That’s nothing compared to what happened to me 2 years ago. I had half a dozen multi’s going all riding on Philly to win the SB. Combined they added up to at least 20k. They were on fire. Then Carson Wentz did his ACL and I cashed out for 500 dollars. They won the SB.

• @GNR4LIFE said in A few Questions about the 05 season??:

@Cultured_Bogan said in A few Questions about the 05 season??:

Yeah we were definitely at 150-1 at one point, I know because I dropped money on them when they were 81-1 and I spewing for two reasons the day after the grand final, the first because I had to clean up my room after I tore it to shreds looking for the ticket, and that I didn’t get on at 150-1

That’s nothing compared to what happened to me 2 years ago. I had half a dozen multi’s going all riding on Philly to win the SB. Combined they added up to at least 20k. They were on fire. Then Carson Wentz did his ACL and I cashed out for 500 dollars. They won the SB.

We were definitely 150-1 after the loss to the Broncos

I still rub it in the Mrs face

• @eyewondertwo
    From memory he took an early payout after the Swans had won their grand final rather than take the risk that the Tigers may lose. Still collected I think about $750,000 instead of a million dollars.

• I’ve just blown the 22 average age out of the water …24.41 average age

• The Panthers in 03 was an underdog story that is sometimes forgotten because we blew them out of the water two years later. They had a young side full of juniors that wouldn’t have been much older than us on average.

The Panthers in 03 was an underdog story that is sometimes forgotten because we blew them out of the water two years later. They had a young side full of juniors that wouldn’t have been much older than us on average.

Absolutely. They got the spoon in 2001 and then won it in 2003. And I think they finished down the ladder in 2002.

• @TopTiger said in A few Questions about the 05 season??:

@eyewondertwo
    From memory he took an early payout after the Swans had won their grand final rather than take the risk that the Tigers may lose. Still collected I think about $750,000 instead of a million dollars.

Yeah I recall the same. The bookie offered early payout, which wasn’t a standard option back then like it is now.

I doubt any club in history has blown out to those odds mid season and won the comp. A bigger story than Leicester City.

Not sure about the biggest league odds, most probably, but not bigger than Leicester winning.
    They were in the relegation at xmas the previous season which means they are one of very few who didn’t get relegated from that position.
    Leicester I think started the year at 2500/1 to win the EPL, their win was way more surprising and inspirational than ours. It would near be the biggest against all odds victory in any top tier level sport in the world.
    My side Arsenal should have won but choked, I was still so happy for them, it is something I don’t think will ever happen again

Recent Topics