Injuries this year

• Have we had a better run with injuries than this year?

I can’t recall a season which we’ve had so few.

• @TIGER said in Injuries this year:

Have we had a better run with injuries than this year?

Undoubtedly, injury management at the Tigers is now one of its strengths.

• @willow said in Injuries this year:

@TIGER said in Injuries this year:

Have we had a better run with injuries than this year?

Undoubtedly, injury management at the Tigers is now one of its strengths.

And Karma was her name

• Between Reynolds, Rowdy, Matalino, Packer I think we have had our share but it is a lot better than most and years of the past.

• No injury excuses not to make the 8 this season imo, compared to other teams we’ve had no key injuries and very few

• The good news is guys in key positions and those who will be leaders for us going forward have been able to get consistency.

• Luke Brooks, Alex Twal, Ryan Matterson, Robbie Farah, Esan Marsters - played every game.
    • Benji Marshall - hasn’t missed a game since returning in round 9.
    • Corey Thompson - only missed one game (round 18) and has been improving every week at fullback.
    • Thomas Mikaele - only missed one game (round 4). I’m seriously excited to watch this guy develop. He’s still only a kid, yet he’s churning out 100m most weeks in limited game time. Maguire is really managing his introduction to first grade well. **** I hope he becomes the next big thing.
    • Moses Mbye - only missed the one game due to injury, others due to State of Origin. Is showing signs he could be a gun centre.
    • Josh Aloiai - missed two games (rounds 9 & 15). Been very solid this year, and has been wonderful in patches. I believe he still has another gear. Whether Maguire can unlock it is another question.
    • Michael Chee Kam - the jury is still out on whether he can cut it as an 80 minute player, but there’s no doubt he’s improved massively this year and can be a match winner. Missed 2 games (rounds 7-8).
    • Matthew Eisenhuth - played 16/19 games. Unsure what the future holds for the Huth. Has had a good game here and there, but mostly lacks the impact required to be a good first grade player.

Players with injury issues: Josh Reynolds, Luke Garner, Russell Packer, Ben Matulino, Dylan Smith (?), Robert Jennings (overweight).

The lack of injuries means the coach can actually build from week-to-week and select the team he wants.

• I know this is the wrong thread but didn’t want to start a new one:
    I saw Simon Dwyer on the weekend - still strapped up.
    Does anyone know -
    Does he have a permanent disability?
    Is he going to be strapped for life?

• Talking to a mate today I said the same thing re our run with injuries. Although I think most clubs are in the same boat this year. Okay there has been plenty of injuries, but not that many season ending ones.

Anyway…touch wood the injury gods keep shinning on us

• @Tiger_Steve Yes unfortunately, his arm was paralysed because of the nerve damage. Had nerves from his forearm, back and neck and placed in his shoulder to try and gain response in his shoulder. Devastating.

• @Madge said in Injuries this year:

@Tiger_Steve Yes unfortunately, his arm was paralysed because of the nerve damage. Had nerves from his forearm, back and neck and placed in his shoulder to try and gain response in his shoulder. Devastating.

Man that’s sad. Didn’t know that. Life certainly can throw up challenges

• @Tiger_Steve said in Injuries this year:

@Madge said in Injuries this year:

@Tiger_Steve Yes unfortunately, his arm was paralysed because of the nerve damage. Had nerves from his forearm, back and neck and placed in his shoulder to try and gain response in his shoulder. Devastating.

Man that’s sad. Didn’t know that. Life certainly can throw up challenges

@Madge thanks!

• @Tiger_Steve
    The positive is, I don’t think he’s letting it slow him down with life.

• @Tiger_Steve no worries!

• @NT_Tiger he isn’t… I know him personally and he lives his life as if he’s a normal person, a very down to earth and humble man.

• Banned

@Madge is it misguided that I still lament over: the injury itself (how rare it is), the way he was handled immediately afterwards and whatever rehab initially went into trying to stabilise the nerves/re-attach them & just how many damn problems he would’ve solved for us - very likely, given his character by being one of the most inspirational leaders our club has seen. It’s like he was a drop in the ocean, and what he promised AND delivered in such a short space of time is far more than many hardened first graders could ever have hoped to achieve in the game.

Recent Topics