Luke Brooks kicking game

• Been really impressed lately. Bombs coming down a metre or so from the tryline, grubbers stopping in the ingoal, plenty of distance on clearing kicks. A few times on Thursday night he came up with important kicking plays. Off the top of my head:

A massive clearing kick when we were struggling 25m out on tackle 5. Hit the turf and their first tackle was 30 odd metres out

A mega touch finder to get us on the attack.

A smart grubber to force a drop out.

• @Yossarian said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

Been really impressed lately. Bombs coming down a metre or so from the tryline, grubbers stopping in the ingoal, plenty of distance on clearing kicks. A few times on Thursday night he came up with important kicking plays. Off the top of my head:

A massive clearing kick when we were struggling 25m out on tackle 5. Hit the turf and their first tackle was 30 odd metres out

Yup been improving, just needs to remember that sometimes kicking to tall wingers like feld repeatedly isnt going to work

• @TheDaBoss I think you will find he is instructed to do this purely as a defensive measure to start the next six I the opposition corner.

• @Yossarian said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

Been really impressed lately. Bombs coming down a metre or so from the tryline, grubbers stopping in the ingoal, plenty of distance on clearing kicks. A few times on Thursday night he came up with important kicking plays. Off the top of my head:

Becoming a first grade half back is the toughest position to master. He’s really fine tuning important areas of his game to go along with his running game. Seems to have his head in the game lately which is a good sign as it’s crunch time.

• ForumSupporter

Pretty sure Luke read the forum about his touch finders after a penalty @hobbo1 didn’t like em since then he’s been cracking of 40-60m a time…

I also like how he gets about 5 yards head start off the mark where the penalties given…smart…

• Luke has been huge lately he just needs to start turning up when its game on the line stuff.

• Yep, kicking game has been as good as anyone in the game lately.

Still has a bit to work on especially some of the hospital passes, but he’s one of the better halfbacks in the NRL and it’s great to have him signed long term.

• @Geo said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

Pretty sure Luke read the forum about his touch finders after a penalty @hobbo1 didn’t like em since then he’s been cracking of 40-60m a time…

I also like how he gets about 5 yards head start off the mark where the penalties given…smart…

He’s going ok at the moment , but I’ve grown old waiting…
    You must be on your last legs !

Can he cement us a finals berth ?

• For mine he has been instrumental in our last two wins. As Madge says, the key is consistency so I’m looking forward to seeing how he leads us for the remainder of the year.

• ForumSupporter

@hobbo1 said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

@Geo said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

With the right support…no doubt…

Ben Hunt’s off to Bali tho spend some of his 1.2mill…

• @Geo said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

@hobbo1 said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

@Geo said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

With the right support…no doubt…

Ben Hunt’s off to Bali tho spend some of his 1.2mill…

You should go hang out with Hunt …
    You need some sun !

• Start of the year was average. Played and kicked well the last couple of weeks.

Ill judge this season on how he finishes. When the pressure is on!

• Brooks has been doing pretty well with often very little go forward from our pack. Anyone who has played in the halves will know that if your forwards aren’t getting over the advantage line and winning the ruck, or getting quick ptbs you basically get smashed by a team with good line speed and a desire to hurt the playmakers. This is the issue for every half no matter who they are, Ben Hunt is a good example, as was Cleary and Maloney earlier this year, DCE last season, Shaun Johnson recently - the list goes on. My point is that fans blaming Brooks for not getting us into the finals need to look at the forward pack as well!!

• @TigerSJ said in Luke Brooks kicking game:

Brooks has been doing pretty well with often very little go forward from our pack. Anyone who has played in the halves will know that if your forwards aren’t getting over the advantage line and winning the ruck, or getting quick ptbs you basically get smashed by a team with good line speed and a desire to hurt the playmakers. This is the issue for every half no matter who they are, Ben Hunt is a good example, as was Cleary and Maloney earlier this year, DCE last season, Shaun Johnson recently - the list goes on. My point is that fans blaming Brooks for not getting us into the finals need to look at the forward pack as well!!

Rubbish.

What you are talking about is good Rugby League sense but Brooks is no Cherry Evans or Maloney. He cracks when his team needs him the most.

People can keep on liking the guy because he is non threatening and has no ego but those same people better get used to finishing 9th. No team will go well with Brooks as their number 1. He is an an out and out number 2.

• Back to the thread, and relating to Brooks’ kicking game, I feel he’s better this year, more accurate and reliable. His kicks are usually to the corners and pressures the opposition defense.
    So don’t ask much - just keep it up! Besides, Brooks is a confidence player, when his kicking is OK, his general game is also OK.

Recent Topics