Sam Burgess tackle downgraded to a grade one

Well done NRL 😡 , after talking tough and resetting all the precedents, you have just set the standard for a grade one high tackle.

Moylan is out with concussion this week but Sam Burgess can play. Is a grade 3 now when you kill someone?

![0_1565092008092_792953ec-7b1a-4b9a-b91f-ee4a77408568-image.jpeg](Uploading 100%) IMG_2987.jpeg

All I can do is shake my head

A legitimate and “fair” decision thats the NRL for you

if a tigers player did it ( we wouldn’t) it would be life ban

Maloney got banned for a week for waving his leg near another player. It is dirty play but even if the trip was successful its not as bad as knocking someone out with a swinging arm.

The inconsistency is so frustrating.

Should never have been downgraded. He contacted the head and Moylan wen’t limp - he was KO’d, albeit briefly.

Minimum 2 weeks

@madunit said in Sam Burgess tackle downgraded to a grade one:

Should never have been downgraded. He contacted the head and Moylan wen’t limp - he was KO’d, albeit briefly.

Minimum 2 weeks

A certain ex Penrith and Dragons player who used to date a well known surfer thinks it is priceless …

Such an appalling decision. So wrong. What does this bloke have to do to get a significant penalty?

@rustycage said in Sam Burgess tackle downgraded to a grade one:

Such an appalling decision. So wrong. What does this bloke have to do to get a significant penalty?

Not play for Souffs Rorters or Donkeys

Seriously - did anyone really think he was going to get a real penalty?

He plays for the “pride of the league” - how dare anyone suggest such a thing to blacken their “GOOD” name.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

@Russell said in Sam Burgess tackle downgraded to a grade one:

He plays for the “pride of the league” - how dare anyone suggest such a thing to blacken their “GOOD” name.

You’re right … but what will anybody do about it?
The answer is … nothing.
I hope Cronulla have the balls to have a go at them.

last edited by cktiger

@cktiger said in Sam Burgess tackle downgraded to a grade one:

@Russell said in Sam Burgess tackle downgraded to a grade one:

You’re right … but what will anybody do about it?
The answer is … nothing.
I hope Cronulla have the balls to have a go at them.

They won’t ck - they have too much dirty washing themselves, they may open a can of worms.

Should have got a medal for belting Moylan…

@Geo said in Sam Burgess tackle downgraded to a grade one:

Should have got a medal for belting Moylan…

Surely you are not advocating violence…

Its fun to joke about certain teams getting “special treatment” but usually you can rationalize the outcome.

This one is different. I cant see how he didn’t get a holiday.The replay is fairly damning and the guy has a track record. The result for Moylan is a stint on the sidelines.

This might be a silly question but if he had carry over points are they now gone? so he goes into finals with a clean slate?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.