Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move

I think he adds value off the bench. Another year for me.

@cochise said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

@cqtiger said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

I didn’t think Lawrence lost money on his previous contract. I thought the club paid the agreed amount over a longer period.

So you wouldn’t regard instead of taking your wage for this year, spreading over the next 2 years as a loss of money?

Well you don’t know what ‘agreed’ means

@cqtiger said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

@cochise said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

I didn’t think Lawrence lost money on his previous contract. I thought the club paid the agreed amount over a longer period.

So you wouldn’t regard instead of taking your wage for this year, spreading over the next 2 years as a loss of money?

Well you don’t know what ‘agreed’ means

I never said that he didn’t agree to it? He took a pay cut for the benefit of the club, that is the point here!

@cochise I see both sides of the argument, you guys, let’s agree that he’s an absolute bloody champ and I’m really hoping Madge has already seen that through and through:)

Lawrence has every right to weigh up his future, but if the Tigers don’t re-sign him, I don’t think any other NRL club will either. If he is after some coin, then he may have to look at Super League, as his value is now minimal in the NRL, which means it could be time to hang up the boots.

Wests Tigers veteran Chris Lawrence is holding out for a new deal with the club he debuted at in 2006.

The 30-year-old currently has no contract come November 1, but is keen to play on for at least one more season in the NRL.

The sticking point is the Tigers’ salary cap mess and the fact they’re struggling to offload Josh Reynolds, Ben Matulino, and Russell Packer.

They also need to find some cash for evergreen playmaker Benji Marshall, and now need to buy another No.9, as mentioned above.

Lawrence’s agent Darryl Mather told foxsports.com.authe 237-game workhorse is keen to join long-time teammate Marshall for at least one more campaign in the black and gold.

Lawrence indicated to Fairfax Media last week he would consider playing for a rival NRL club, but Mather conceded the options are limited.

Lawrence has a business venture which is in its infancy. He has a young family to support and isn’t ready to hang up the boots just yet.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/1b086e6d719464ac7f2036b288fd99e0

Thanks Ivan Cleary for signing 3 injury prone guys on a combined salary of 2m. I doubt anyone would take Packer or Matulino for free as they’re walking medical bills.

last edited by Kazoo Kid

I understand he has a young family to support so you have to go where the work is. England Chris.

He knows the club doesn’t want him. Don’t do a Robbie.

@WT2K This has nothing to do with the Salary Cap as Chris get a full exemption due to his 10 years at the club.

Nothing to do with a salary cap, but it would take up another crucial top 30 spot and we don’t have many left.

@bathursttiger said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

@WT2K This has nothing to do with the Salary Cap as Chris get a full exemption due to his 10 years at the club.

No he doesn’t that is not how the exemption works!

@WeHaveCheeKam said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

Nothing to do with a salary cap, but it would take up another crucial top 30 spot and we don’t have many left.

Yep, only two spots left at the moment.

Well we are not going to get anyone better for next year that is for sure.

Sign him Mage - he is a club legend.

Sign him and make him captain.

You heard it here first …Rowdy adds to his try tally tonight

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.