Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move

@Tiger_Bond said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

I can see all the love for Lawrence but the question is what’s the maximum value that you would put on his contract and how many years?

Depends on who you are comparing him to. If Matulino, Packer, Mbye & Reynolds are all on in excess of 500k, he must be worth around that.

In all seriousness, I would give him another 2 years at a limit of around 300k.

I just don’t see any negatives in us keeping him.

IF you sign Rowdy it is on a year to year basis …and you couldn’t offer him more than 300 k …even including his long service

I think their is more risk than reward unfortunately

@happy_tiger said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

his long service

We do not need to sign Lawrence to qualify for the Long Serving Allowance!

he is of more value to us than others. i think we’ll sign him for cheap and rowdy will be as professional as always.

@cochise said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

@happy_tiger said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

his long service

Sorry didn’t come out well , was meant to say we shouldn’t just sign him to get the allowance

@cochise said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

his long service

Sorry didn’t come out well , was meant to say we shouldn’t just sign him to get the allowance

We get it even if we don’t sign him.

I’d like to see Rowdy finish his career here tbh, he’s been playing decent enough in the back row as well

Absolute legend of the club.

250k should be good enough to keep him I’d say. Maybe 300k if we can get rid of some dead wood.

Rowdy should retire and put all his energy into his business , the team and club need to move forward and not continue resigning signing tired club legends … sorry for a reality check ! the roster needs freshening up…

@Snake said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

Rowdy should retire and put all his energy into his business , the team and club need to move forward and not continue resigning signing tired club legends … sorry for a reality check ! the roster needs freshening up…

He does look hurt and tired. I always laugh when guys that have been on multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars for years on end bring out the old chestnut “I have a young family to look after.” As if they’re on struggle street. Even with his extensive experience, i don’t think he’ll add any more than an alternative youngster would from now on. But good luck to him.

Not sure. My heart says yes, my head says no.

As long as we don’t pay overs or give him a 3 year deal I’m fine either way.

@Snake said in Lawrence to weigh up future after ruling out Super League move:

Yes it does but you need a mix of experience as well. I’d keep Lawrence in a heartbeat

We should keep him. He can still play at a high level. We also have a cap to manage and we should only offer him a reasonable contract for an aging player who may end up busted.

Handy depth player to have in the 30 for when injuries hit if he’s not in Madge’s plans for the first 17.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.