Always next year

• I know we are all dissapointed but you take Josh Hidgson and Jarrod Croker out of the raiders in the 1st 10 minutes and they lose games too

• I will repeat what I posted last season at this same time … nothing changes until change happens , the whole philosophy of the club is broken the mindset is nothing needs to change . So with that nothing changes … just received our membership info … nothing changes looks like same 4 to 5 home grounds next season , next season same out of date training facilities ( all talk ) no change , same non existent Chairperson I think we have one ? , same board members why would they want change ! So until the club changes its philosophy nothing’s going to change so the catch cry of There is always next year continues as the clubs moto !

• Yep, tuff being a tigers fan.

• @Tiger_heart said in Always next year:

If you can’t beat this Bulldogs team, then maybe your ambitions are greater than your capabilities.

For the second time of 2019 and tell me if I’m wrong but did they beat us twice last year too??
    I’ve tipped the dogs to get the spoon the last two seasons. They seem to be destined not to get a spoon come their way!!

• @happy_tiger said in Always next year:

Some of us have limited next year’s to go

In my case, very limited.

BTW I aged ten more years last night.

• The team coming 8th at the moment , has a 4 point game next week , (against the team coming 7th) and are playing Souths and Parra after that. Also the panthers are playing a tough draw as well. Even if we go 2 and 1 going into the last round , the draw won’t be what you guys think. These teams will take points off each other. The reason the draw was so lopsided last year , is in the home stretch none of the teams around the 8 played each other , so we got that crazy ladder. That won’t happen this year .

• @fair-dinkum said in Always next year:

“Always next year”

Tigers club motto

Another 5 year plan might be another

Starts getting all warm and fuzzy and bringing back 2005 premiership players

I think the only players left we haven’t brought back are Bryce Gibbs , Shane Elford and Daniel Fitzhenry …Laffranchi is involved with the Titans …he may come back …depends how low his esteem levels can go I guess

Bring some failed politician on board

I don’t need to explain it …we all know the drill anyway

• @Tiger_heart said in Always next year:

If you can’t beat this Bulldogs team, then maybe your ambitions are greater than your capabilities.

Unfortunately that is also true of Cowboys, Knights, Panthers and Sharks who all lost to this Bulldogs team; the last 3 including us have incurred these losses since 30th June.

Say what you will about the Bulldogs roster, they are making a mess of the aspirations of the bottom of the Top 8. And despite Broncos being a thoroughly underwhelming side in 2019, they alone comfortably beat Bulldogs in Rd 18 and now sit a point clear of the other minor contenders.

Also not to excessively belittle Bulldogs, against the Top 5 sides this year they lost to Melbourne by 2 points, Souths by 8, Manly by 8, Storm by 22, Raiders by 2, Roosters by 8. That’s quite competitive.

• @Cultured_Bogan said in Always next year:

Missed the game tonight as I was out celebrating an occasion with the wife.

Looks like I made the right choice.

This club is bitterly disappoibting.

Yeah i missed it aswell. I didn’t even check for updates during the game. The care factor in this club continues to wane.

• We’ve always been regarded as a club which produces junior talent. The fact we fail to keep the very good ones is another issue. But the most disappointing issue is our lack of promotion of young players. Penrith bring in 3 18 year olds this weekend but Maguire can’t manage one. Something needs to change drastically now the season is over. This is disappointing and needs to be address asap because we cannot go into next year with the same outside backs except Marsters and perhaps Thompson.

• @NJLM78 We finally get a great coach but he’s as stubborn as a mule. Maguire’s inability to swallow some pride and resolve his petty spat with Russell Packer has cost us another finals opportunity!
    We have needed Packer’s experience up front recently but instead the spat continued and Maguire was happy to send in boys to do a man’s job.

• @jirskyr yeah let’s not diminish the Bulldogs effort. They hung in and played for 80. A lesson in resilience for us.

• @TonyTiger said in Always next year:

@NJLM78 We finally get a great coach but he’s as stubborn as a mule. Maguire’s inability to swallow some pride and resolve his petty spat with Russell Packer has cost us another finals opportunity!
    We have needed Packer’s experience up front recently but instead the spat continued and Maguire was happy to send in boys to do a man’s job.

Packer would have made zero differance last night our front row was not the problem.

• @StarswithStripes We need a low hanging resilience tree with lots of fruit, then we need a lesson on how to pick that low hanging fruit. When you’re constantly way down the ladder even low-hanging is a far reach.

• The soul destroying thing about last night for me was the recurring themes popping up again.

Playing a bottom 4 team as favourites and losing.
    Losing on goal kicking.
    Conceding a batch of tries in a 10-15 period which ultimately costs us the game.

No doubt we’ll come out and beat a top 8 soon and suck us all back in only to finish 9th

Recent Topics