Always next year

@TonyTiger said in Always next year:

@NJLM78 We finally get a great coach but he’s as stubborn as a mule. Maguire’s inability to swallow some pride and resolve his petty spat with Russell Packer has cost us another finals opportunity!
We have needed Packer’s experience up front recently but instead the spat continued and Maguire was happy to send in boys to do a man’s job.

Hilarious.
Packers played like a fairy all year

@innsaneink said in Always next year:

@TonyTiger said in Always next year:

@NJLM78 We finally get a great coach but he’s as stubborn as a mule. Maguire’s inability to swallow some pride and resolve his petty spat with Russell Packer has cost us another finals opportunity!
We have needed Packer’s experience up front recently but instead the spat continued and Maguire was happy to send in boys to do a man’s job.

Hilarious.
Packers played like a fairy all year

With you there. Packer doesn’t put in and it is on Madge to rectify his attitude when he chucks a dummy spit on being called out for it?

Pandering to his ego exhibits weakness and that is not something our playing group needs be subject to.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

@happy_tiger said in Always next year:

@fair-dinkum said in Always next year:

“Always next year”

Tigers club motto

Another 5 year plan might be another

Starts getting all warm and fuzzy and bringing back 2005 premiership players

I think the only players left we haven’t brought back are Bryce Gibbs , Shane Elford and Daniel Fitzhenry …Laffranchi is involved with the Titans …he may come back …depends how low his esteem levels can go I guess

Bring some failed politician on board

I don’t need to explain it …we all know the drill anyway

We already did get Fitzy back for a second stint after he left, the club that keeps on giving the WestsTigers

@851 said in Always next year:

“Always next year”

Tigers club motto

I think the only players left we haven’t brought back are Bryce Gibbs , Shane Elford and Daniel Fitzhenry …Laffranchi is involved with the Titans …he may come back …depends how low his esteem levels can go I guess

We already did get Fitzy back for a second stint after he left, the club that keeps on giving the WestsTigers

Did we …and I missed it

I’m a horrible fan …sorry Fitzy you ledge

The joke of the league.

@TYGA said in Always next year:

It’s not over not by a long way. Check the schedule Panthers, Broncos and Sharks have some tough games. Destiny is in our hands 3 or 4 wins can get us there.

I like your optimism TYGA but honestly mate it’s over. We are at this same junction at this same time just about every bloody year and we always somehow manage to stuff up the box seat ride we have to the top 8. We simply had to beat Canterbury, it was a gifted and crucial 2 points that we once again failed to grab. Despite their doggedness (no pun intended) they really shouldn’t have gotten within 10 points of us if we were a genuine contender for a top 8 position.

I know we had some injury woes with key players that threw us off, before and during the game, but we really should’ve been more prepared for these sorts of things. There are no excuses really, the players that are left on the field needed to do the job against the team running second last.

Somewhere way back in the recess of my mind I had a glimmer of hope that WT might be a different team, with a different mindset this year, that we would actually win the games we should win and show some real grit and determination in every game as we march towards a finals berth for the first time in eons. What the hell was I thinking???

“Always next year”

Tigers club motto

They did bring back Fitzy, Sheenious years 2010. He played 18 games from the bench, i think he got about 45 mins of game time in total for the year. Pretty sure there was about 5 games he didnt even get a run on the field.

@Spud_Murphy said in Always next year:

It’s not over not by a long way. Check the schedule Panthers, Broncos and Sharks have some tough games. Destiny is in our hands 3 or 4 wins can get us there.

I like your optimism TYGA but honestly mate it’s over. We are at this same junction at this same time just about every bloody year and we always somehow manage to stuff up the box seat ride we have to the top 8. We simply had to beat Canterbury, it was a gifted and crucial 2 points that we once again failed to grab. Despite their doggedness (no pun intended) they really shouldn’t have gotten within 10 points of us if we were a genuine contender for a top 8 position.

I know we had some injury woes with key players that threw us off, before and during the game, but we really should’ve been more prepared for these sorts of things. There are no excuses really, the players that are left on the field needed to do the job against the team running second last.

Somewhere way back in the recess of my mind I had a glimmer of hope that WT might be a different team, with a different mindset this year, that we would actually win the games we should win and show some real grit and determination in every game as we march towards a finals berth for the first time in eons. What the hell was I thinking???

NFL season is a few weeks away. I’ll hold on to my futile optimism for 2 weeks.
I’m probably in the minority but this season is the biggest step forward in numerous years. Would be ideal to get to the finals.

Honestly I think it was over several weeks ago, despite the good Newcastle and Cowboys wins. 6 or so wins out of (I think) the final 8 was always too much to ask for a team that had only won 7 of the previous 16 matches.

We can still technically make it and funnily enough, just making it would be enough for most Tigers fans this year, but we are miles away from actually competing with the good sides at this time of the year.

Losing to Bulldogs - Dogs aren’t actually that bad a side. Nor are Parramatta that good a side; I personally believe it’s a Top 3 (Storm, Roosters, Raiders), with two maybes that may or may not come good in the finals (Manly, Souths), then 3 pretenders, of which Parramatta is the “best” pretender. Probably Broncos and Penrith to round it out, but none of those sides in 5 through 8 have remotely what it takes to topple the best teams playing their best.

@jirskyr said in Always next year:

Honestly I think it was over several weeks ago, despite the good Newcastle and Cowboys wins. 6 or so wins out of (I think) the final 8 was always too much to ask for a team that had only won 7 of the previous 16 matches.

We can still technically make it and funnily enough, just making it would be enough for most Tigers fans this year, but we are miles away from actually competing with the good sides at this time of the year.

Losing to Bulldogs - Dogs aren’t actually that bad a side. Nor are Parramatta that good a side; I personally believe it’s a Top 3 (Storm, Roosters, Raiders), with two maybes that may or may not come good in the finals (Manly, Souths), then 3 pretenders, of which Parramatta is the “best” pretender. Probably Broncos and Penrith to round it out, but none of those sides in 5 through 8 have remotely what it takes to topple the best teams playing their best.

Spot on jirskyr.

@TYGA lucky for you NFL fans. Still a few months until the nba season starts.

We need to be known as the Quokkas or the Hump back Whales

All anyone wants to do is protect everyone involved with the club

Stick us in a Museum …

@TYGA watching NFL preseason games this week … go the Chiefs.

last edited by Snake

Sadly you weren’t at all alone in thinking along those lines… we are slipping quickly

@Snake said in Always next year:

@TYGA watching NFL preseason games this week … go the Chiefs.

Chiefs will go well. Might win it all if they can resemble an NFL defence.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.